“Wonderful little cafe in the arts district...find it and enjoy!”
Review of The Cabin Cafe - CLOSED

The Cabin Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
East Tennessee
“Wonderful little cafe in the arts district...find it and enjoy!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

As locals my wife and I have eaten at this cafe several times in past years but this was our first experience during the current owners tenure. We are very happy and pleased with our meal as well as the lively conversation with the friendly staff. My wife had the "hippy-dippy", an awesome roast beef and provolone sandwich (I had a few bites) and raved about the savory Au Jus. My choice was an incredibly tasty Cubano pannini that was so good I almost ordered another to take home for later. Our fruit salad and potato salad sides were fresh and delicious. About the time we finished our lunch a thunderstorm opened up a flood from the sky so we sat on the covered porch and enjoyed the cool breeze and the additional time to relax. This is a great little cafe.

Columbia, South Carolina
“Great Food... 3 days in a row!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Ok, this is almost embarrassing to say, but my husband and I ate here 3 days in a row for lunch! We went to Gatlinburg last weekend to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. As we were wandering around the Arts and Crafts area we asked an owner of one of the shops where to eat. He suggested the Cabin Cafe across the street. We were not disappointed. I had the quiche, and my husband had the Hippie Dippie (steak sandwich). My quiche came with a side of pinto beans, and it was all delicious! The next day we toured downtown Gatlinburg, and by the time we were done it was late afternoon, and we were hungry. The Cabin Cafe was on the way back to our cabin, so we decided the food was good enough to go back! This time I had the bratwurst, and my husband had the reuben sandwich. He said it was the best reubin he ever had! Well, day 3 was as we were leaving town, and we were almost too embarrassed to eat there again, but we did it anyway. This day was a Sunday, and we were treated to a wonderful duo singing on the front porch. They sounded great! If you want good food at a reasonable price and great service you need to check this place out. You will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Kelly W
Clayton, Georgia
“Great location, good sandwich, skip the soup”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Located on the Arts and Crafts Community loop, we had a quick lunch on the porch. An interesting and delicious take on the club sandwich... grilled. It was very good on good bread. Though we ordered wheat and got white, it was still very good. Skip the Southwestern Corn Chowder. It was frothy when we got it (maybe just took a whir through the food processor), but was virtually tasteless except for the odd taste of cinnamon. Not to my taste. Very friendly service.

Visited August 2012
Windsor, Canada
“Don't miss this gem in the arts and crafts area!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Hubs and I picked out this little cafe based on previous reviews, and boy, am I happy we didn't miss this place! He had the sausage on a bun (buffalo chicken and blue cheese) and I had the spinach quiche. Incredibly good - you wouldn't expect it from such a quiet little place. After that, we couldn't say no to the decadent peanut butter pie and coffee. I highly recommend it to anyone. Thanks for a delicious lunch!

Ohio
“Good Food”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I would not have known about this place if not for Tripadvisor. No wait, prompt service, good food. Cafe has a upstairs and also outside seating. Worth the drive out to the Arts and Craft area.