“Great food, great service in a relaxed atmosphere”
Review of The Cabin Cafe - CLOSED

The Cabin Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We found The Cabin Cafe on tripadvisor and had a great time. Inexpensive food, delicious and fresh ingredients :) We came a half hour before closing time and they welcomed us with open arms. Delicious Caprese, French dip and my daughter raved about the ham and beans. My mom had delicious chicken salad. The desserts were good: carrot cake and coconut cake. The chEf was our waiter- they had just sent the waitress home - and he couldn't have been more hospitable and gracious. Very nice to be away from the bustle and craziness of Gatlinburg.

1  Thank mym2bw
There are newer reviews for The Cabin Cafe

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Took a gamble on this place for lunch (based on tripadvisor reviews) before leaving Gatlinburg back to Atlanta, even though it was the opposite direction (north of town). Glad that we did. It's only 10 min north of town and a great way to slow down the pace of a trip filled with all kinds of tourist stuff and lots of people everywhere. When we first walked in, my wife thought we entered someone's house and backed out, only realizing this place has a very down-to-earth feel. Food is prepared fresh, the place is low-key and service is kind and attentive. Had the Roast beef au jus (really good) and my wife had the Chicken salad sandwich (which she loved). With her being pregnant and having a 2 yr old boy in tow, we found not only the staff & owner to be friendly, but even fellow patrons. As an east Indian family (from India), it was very nice to feel so welcome in a small town atmosphere. We definitely didn't leave as strangers, and Tripadvisor helped me keep the pregnant wife happy.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We had mixed reviews on the Cabin Cafe. The service was certainly friendly and there can be no complaints there. The menu had an excellent tomato soup that our daughter enjoyed a lot. The home made quiche with muchrooms was also very tasty. However, the caprese sandwhich was just average. The side items seemed a bit limited and the home made tortilla chips were not flavorfull. They also did not have any iced tea when we arrived which seems a bit of a mortal sin in Gatlinburg.

TheCabinGuy, Owner at The Cabin Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Huntguy77, I am the Owner of The Cabin Cafe and would like to say that I wish you had a better experience at my restaurant, and Thank You for visiting. Yes, you said so many wonderful things, and yes, you came during the 5 hours in 4 months of ever "being out of" of iced tea, but I would love for you to return so I can personally prepare for you our "Care Free" Caprese. Although, I am a definite carnivore, that sandwich is one of my favorites and I would love for you to feel the same way about it as your daughter felt about the soup, and you felt about the service. Once again, Thank You for visiting and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 26, 2011

We took our family of four and my parents to The Cabin Cafe for lunch today. We had a wait for our food--it's a small operation, but the service was super-friendly. The food was awesome. My dad's Roast Beef Au Jus was excellent. My mom's chicken salad grilled sandwich was a 10, so she said. My boys and husband ordered a pepperoni pizza--which is not on the menu, but I had seen it mentioned in other Trip Advisor posts. They warned us that it would take a while. They make their biscuity pizza crust from scratch and cook it in a cast iron pan. It was stellar. My quiche was okay, in comparison. My husband enjoyed a couple cans of beer with his pizza. Because we waited so long, they offered us dessert. And oh-my-heaven the carrot cake was phenomenal. My kids enjoyed a brownie cupcake. All in all, it was a really good choice. Less touristy than so much of Gatlinburg. We will go back. Maybe even this trip.

1  Thank Everellie
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stopped in at the Cabin Cafe for lunch while shopping the artisans craft circle in Gatlinburg. This restaurant is hidden away so don't miss it. We sat out on the cool front porch and enjoyed the beauty of the Smoky Mt. area. Dwayne, the owner, served us and he was a delight !! We also had a fantastic waitress who kept our drinks full but didn't overserve. The food was far beyond what we expected. All fresh ingredients and very, very tasty. Not your typical tourist area food at all but more of a unique,healthy fare offered there. The best vegetarian pizza I have ever had...loads of cheese and fresh veggies. We had a very relaxing lunch and left very full and satisfied. Such personal and friendly service made just feel at home. Prices were very reasonable too. If you go to the Gatlinburg you don't want to miss this place !! Can't wait to go back !

1  Thank Bassetlovertx