“Nice Relaxing Chalet”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 16 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Odyssey59...
“Not sure what's needed here”
Reviewed August 23, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Staff very prompt and very helpful. The cabin was showing some wear and looked a little outdated but all in all ok

Nov 21, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write. We will share your comments with the chalet owner.

Thank you for booking with us.

Oak Leaf Lodging
Barb M
“Nice Relaxing Chalet”
Reviewed July 28, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The chalet accommodations were nice. There were 5 of us staying and we all had plenty of room. We were able to see the Tram from the chalet going up and down the mountain which was pretty at night when it was lit up.
I wanted to see a bear which I saw one with her 2 cubs. Was very excited.
Owners kept in contact to see if anything was needed and that we arrived ok.
The only recommendation I would make to anyone staying would be to make sure you arrive during daylight hours. The road is narrow and winding which is to be expected in the mountains. In the dark it's a little nerve wrecking not knowing where you are going. No problems during the day.

Aug 23, 2017
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your feedback and always try to learn from it. Especially, we are so happy that you and your family had such a wonderful time and saw some of our Smoky Mountain black bears! We'd love to see you again.
LRoberson
Meridian, Mississippi
“nice rental but....”
Reviewed June 19, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This house was a nice rental. However, the a/c did not work upon our arrival. After several hours. I called the renter and she sent a repair man out. Problem fixed. We saw bear on the hill shortly after our arrival. Next day the bear had paw marks on the front door. Looked like he was trying to get inside the home. (A Little Scary) The roads to the rental are very challenging and the driveway is also. It was an experience but probably will not rent this facility again. It needs more attention to the cleaning detail. It is nice but needs work.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jul 2, 2017
Thank you for the feedback. We are glad we were able to have a technician out to address the ac. Had you mentioned any problem with cleanliness, we would also have addressed that immediately. The chalet is located in the mountains and adjacent to the national park, so bears are common in the area. In fact, many people come hear hoping to see a bear! Perhaps next time you would prefer to stay in a condo in town where the roads are more "user friendly" and bear sightings are more uncommon.
junebugsm...
“Well worth it!”
Reviewed November 4, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We stayed in early oct. This was our first time staying in a cabin and we loved it! Wish the cleaning fees wasn't so high! We had a great family weekend getaway! Very convenient to downtown Gatlinburg!

Nov 5, 2016
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review! We are so glad you loved your stay at Smoky Bear Hideaway.

Hopefully, at least part of what you enjoyed is cleanliness, and good cleaners don't work cheaply. Since our rental rates are so reasonable, we hope you realize that we work hard to be fair in our pricing, without compromising on quality.

Blessings to you and your family. We hope to see you again!
EbonyS167
Charlotte
“Great Stay”
Reviewed November 2, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I just stayed at Smoky Bear this weekend, and my family and I had an amazing time. I was skeptical about staying here at first, because there weren't too many reviews, AND it was so affordable. Well... thank you for exceeding my expectations. The cabin was nice and clean, jacuzzi worked, decorated nicely, and accommodated 7 people. This is a pet friendly cabin, but had no detection of pet odor.

From reading previous reviews I knew the driveway was going to be difficult to navigate, but I do not think it was that bad. We just backed into the driveway, and it wasn't bad.

On the last day, my cousin had an incident with a bear. The entire time we were there we did not see a bear, but we left my cousin and his girlfriend at the house, because they were taking too long. My cousin left my trunk open as he packed the vehicle and walked back in the house. When he got back to the vehicle, the baby cub was in my trunk and trying to go through our things. My cousin tried to make noise and intimidate the cub. The cub jumped out, smelled my handle (left granola in the front seat), opened the car door and got in the car. My stupid cousin finally threw a rock at the cub, and he got out and flew up the mountain. My cousin did not wait to see if he was coming back with his mother.

At first, I did not believe this story until I saw the paw prints on my car and scratches on my console. I share this part of the story to tell you, DO not leave any food (even something as small as granola) in your vehicle. Make sure that you lock your vehicle as well.

Thank you, Mary-Ann for always answering my questions.

Nov 6, 2015
Thank you so much for sharing your Smoky Mountain adventure! We're so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay at Smoky Bear Hideaway. Hope to see you again!

Blessings,

Holly C
Michigan City, Mississippi
“Nice Place to stay”
Reviewed September 23, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

This Chalet was perfect for our family of five. The location was great and we saw 11 bears during our stay. The hot tub had some issues with the jets, but we made it work just fine. Would definitely recommend to a friend and would stay there again. The only thing I wished had been different was to have a washer/dryer. We had to spend time at a Laundromat and would have liked to have one on site.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Liked least: no washer/dryer
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 9, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! Blessings to you and your dear ones!

BabyBlue5...
Kentucky
“Loved this place & saw a bear -- Great Vacation!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

We love going to the Smoky Mountains and own two timeshares there, but, this trip, we needed a larger place and wanted an area that everyone could sit outside and enjoy the scenery. Our friends from Germany love the area and we were thrilled to find this Chalet in the mountains. Let me just say first off that we had a wonderful time there -- the inside is decorated with bear pictures, statues, etc. and makes you feel right at home. This is not "finery" -- it's "homey" and feels warm and inviting. You're in a rustic chalet in the mountains! The beds slept well, everything was clean, and the owners (Maryann and Warren) were wonderful to work with! On our way "home" one day, we saw a bear crossing the road, and, I'm sure we could have seen some at the chalet if we had been sitting outside at the right time. They allowed my daughter and her husband to bring their dog (approximately 20# size) and we loved that we could sit out on the porch and enjoy the outdoors with her (Bella) as the porch had a gate on it that secured her inside. The only tips I have is this: It is practically impossible to turn your vehicle into the drive at the angle you are coming up the mountain, so, we went on to the next drive, turned around and came back down to our chalet and we had no problems. The drive is a bit steep, but, isn't very long, so once you're started in, it's not a problem. We had a car, an SUV and a Tacoma Truck and the only one that had problems going up and down the mountain was the Truck so we just left it there and rode with the others and the other two cars did fine with our daily trek into town. The Truck just had trouble having enough power to get up the mountain as you had to slow down to go around the hairpin curves. I was pleasantly surprised that it only took about 6-7 minutes to get up or down the mountain from Smoky Bear Hideaway. We'd heard stories of people staying in places that took 20- minutes just to go back and forth. This wasn't an issue at all, so don't let that keep you from staying here. We enjoy cooking and the chalet kitchen items would prepare basic meals, etc., but we were glad we brought pots and pans from home to cook a somewhat complicated meal. The supplies there were fine for the average traveler. If you're staying very long, bring extra paper towels, dishwashing detergent, etc. as we ran out quickly. Overall, we all agreed this was one of our favorite places we've ever stayed. Go there and have a great time -- the only reason I didn't give it excellent was the driveway issue (which they couldn't help) and the lack of good pots and pans -- we would definitely go back.

Traveling group: Friends
Aug 2, 2014
We're so glad you enjoyed the cozy charm of Smoky Bear Hideaway! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others, too. We hope we will see you again on your future visits to the Smoky Mountains and Gatlinburg.

Blessings,

Warren and Maryann
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing