“Nice place to drink shine for free”

Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine
Day Tour: Moonshine and Wine Tasting from Gatlinburg
Ranked #4 of 112 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Ole Smoky is the first federally licensed moonshine distillery in the state of Tennessee. A visit to Ole Smoky is the true moonshine experience. As you approach the entrance, you can detect the distinct smell of our grains cooking and fermenting. You'll see authentic working moonshine stills and experience the process from beginning to end. Our distillers will take the time to visit with you and answer any questions about the history and lore of moonshining in East Tennessee.After you see, smell and hear about the process, we offer tastings of our Award winning shine! Samples of our Original Unaged Corn Whiskey, White Lightnin' and Moonshine Cherries as well as Apple Pie and Blackberry flavors - plus we offer seasonal and special flavors that aren't available in package stores. And of course, you'll be able to buy plenty of moonshine and Ole Smoky merchandise to take home with you.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Walked in and was asked if I wanted a sample (Note-ID IS REQUIRED FOR EVERYONE NO EXCEPTIONS) the ended up being 12 different kinds of moonshine with a whole shine soaked cherry all for Free. Great flavors like peach, lemon drop, blackberry, blueberry, etc.. with the apple pie shine being my favorite.. its a great time to just belly up to the sample bar with some great people and try something you just cant get anywhere. They sell the flavored shine for 25 plus tax for a mason jar. Is it cheap no, but it is unique and tasty. I bought two jars of apple pie shine. They also have a wine tasting place as well with more Free samples and great tasting local wines. At night they have nice country bluegrass bands as well with tons of rocking chairs to sit in. Definitely worth a stop by if you are an adult.

There are newer reviews for Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Our visit was late Friday night a week ago. Our visit was limited to sampling the various moonshines. Basically, you stand on one aide of this big square bar. A friendly person in overalls on the other side of the bar checks the IDs of everyone along your side of the bar, and sets each of you up with 13 mini shot cups (think 1/4 of a shot glass).

We sampled all 13. We enjoyed most of them (I didn't care for peach). The original and blackberry were my favorites. We bought a jar of the blackberry before leaving and then listened to a very good bluegrass cover band in the courtyard outside.

This is well worth a visit if you enjoy distilled spirits!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Even if you are not one to sample the beverages it is great fun just to watch. You will get about 12 half shots to sample all of their flavors. The guy/gals serving up the samples are great. Talk about a good time to laugh and be laughed at while you are trying the local juice. Everyone is in a great mood and you will have fun. Loved the apple pie moonshine. Watch out for the cherries they are strong. Can't recommend it enough.

2  Thank Lewis T
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Okay, so i understnd. It's moonshine but $27 and some change for a mason jar full of it was a little steep I get it there aren't very many of these places that sell moonshine. But still. Anyways I liked going here it was well kept up and the gift shop prices are that of any other gift shop in Gatlinburg . The only complaint in my opinion was the girl I had at the cash register. She just had an attitude like I'm pretty and I know it. She'd rather be anywhere else but there. Maybe I caught her on a bad day but leave your personal issues at home. She was obsessing over her hair and had barely said anything to me.
Overall very nice place as long as I get someone more willing robe there next time I will definitely go back! oh yeah, here's some irony , I bought 2 jars of shine ,a shirt, blackberry BBQ sauce and a lanyard.
Must see or at least visit

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had a great time taste testing several different drinks. All were great and the servers were fun as well.