“Good stuff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine
Ranked #4 of 108 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Ole Smoky is the first federally licensed moonshine distillery in the state of Tennessee. A visit to Ole Smoky is the true moonshine experience. As you approach the entrance, you can detect the distinct smell of our grains cooking and fermenting. You'll see authentic working moonshine stills and experience the process from beginning to end. Our distillers will take the time to visit with you and answer any questions about the history and lore of moonshining in East Tennessee.After you see, smell and hear about the process, we offer tastings of our Award winning shine! Samples of our Original Unaged Corn Whiskey, White Lightnin' and Moonshine Cherries as well as Apple Pie and Blackberry flavors - plus we offer seasonal and special flavors that aren't available in package stores. And of course, you'll be able to buy plenty of moonshine and Ole Smoky merchandise to take home with you.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Memphis, Tennessee
11 attraction reviews
“Good stuff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Our visit was late Friday night a week ago. Our visit was limited to sampling the various moonshines. Basically, you stand on one aide of this big square bar. A friendly person in overalls on the other side of the bar checks the IDs of everyone along your side of the bar, and sets each of you up with 13 mini shot cups (think 1/4 of a shot glass).

We sampled all 13. We enjoyed most of them (I didn't care for peach). The original and blackberry were my favorites. We bought a jar of the blackberry before leaving and then listened to a very good bluegrass cover band in the courtyard outside.

This is well worth a visit if you enjoy distilled spirits!

Rockton, Illinois
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Sip it up and HOLLAR!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Even if you are not one to sample the beverages it is great fun just to watch. You will get about 12 half shots to sample all of their flavors. The guy/gals serving up the samples are great. Talk about a good time to laugh and be laughed at while you are trying the local juice. Everyone is in a great mood and you will have fun. Loved the apple pie moonshine. Watch out for the cherries they are strong. Can't recommend it enough.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Lewis T
5 attraction reviews
“Pricey but worth seeing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Okay, so i understnd. It's moonshine but $27 and some change for a mason jar full of it was a little steep I get it there aren't very many of these places that sell moonshine. But still. Anyways I liked going here it was well kept up and the gift shop prices are that of any other gift shop in Gatlinburg . The only complaint in my opinion was the girl I had at the cash register. She just had an attitude like I'm pretty and I know it. She'd rather be anywhere else but there. Maybe I caught her on a bad day but leave your personal issues at home. She was obsessing over her hair and had barely said anything to me.
Overall very nice place as long as I get someone more willing robe there next time I will definitely go back! oh yeah, here's some irony , I bought 2 jars of shine ,a shirt, blackberry BBQ sauce and a lanyard.
Must see or at least visit

Athens, Tennessee
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great place for the adults to stop and take a break and try a few great drinks.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had a great time taste testing several different drinks. All were great and the servers were fun as well.

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“southern hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

WOW!!! what a place to have fun. now we know its in the middle of gatlinburg and what else are you going to do at 10:30 in the morn? DRINK of course the people are very nice and the shine keeps flowing so go and have fun, (eat before you do)