“Crazy busy no prices posted anywhere”

Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine
Ranked #13 of 90 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Ole Smoky is the first federally licensed moonshine distillery in the state of Tennessee. A visit to Ole Smoky is the true moonshine experience. As you approach the entrance, you can detect the distinct smell of our grains cooking and fermenting. You'll see authentic working moonshine stills and experience the process from beginning to end. Our distillers will take the time to visit with you and answer any questions about the history and lore of moonshining in East Tennessee.After you see, smell and hear about the process, we offer tastings of our Award winning shine! Samples of our Original Unaged Corn Whiskey, White Lightnin' and Moonshine Cherries as well as Apple Pie and Blackberry flavors - plus we offer seasonal and special flavors that aren't available in package stores. And of course, you'll be able to buy plenty of moonshine and Ole Smoky merchandise to take home with you.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We went there to get moonshine cherries and the placed was so packed it was crazy. You could get to the counter to taste but there were so many people just standing around it made it very hard to get a sample. The prices were high for me but I guess $26.00-$30.00 is not to bad if you drink.No prices were posted you had to hunt down an employee to ask the prices.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,775)
All reviews
in 151 reviews
"pigeon forge"
in 70 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I are from Louisiana and was here from Feb 8th-15th. Love this atmosphere. Love the smells. Love the people. Staff is SUPER friendly. I love the live bands. My sister and I actually sang a song with the band Monroeville. They were super nice and sounded wonderful. I recommend this to any of my friends and family. This is ALWAYS a must everytime we come to TN. Fun is an understatement. It really captures what Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains are all about. Family friendly. They also have restaurants in here and around, and you can sample FREE moonshine. Love it. Always will come back.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Talk about some good ole fashioned moonshine!! Really fun place to visit and a lot to do. Free tastings are abundant at the distillery and live mountain music is a must see while your there. Really fun place to visit!!!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was torn between this and wine tasting but decided we can taste wine anywhere we go. This actually ended up being one of the highlights of our stay in Gatlinburg. The store offers 12 different samples of moonshine which are all poured for a group bellied up to the bar. Our "server" was hilarious. I tried all but one (blueberry) and had several favorites. The clothing side of the store also has samples of barbecue sauces, salsas, jellies and mustards. We actually stopped back at the end of the day rather than carry everything. They did mention they ship everything but the moonshines. For those, you need to find a distributor.
The live music outside was also a nice touch. They do also offer tours on the other side of the plaza.