“Free taste tasting & fun”

Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine
Day Tour: Moonshine and Wine Tasting from Gatlinburg
Ranked #4 of 119 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Ole Smoky is the first federally licensed moonshine distillery in the state of Tennessee. A visit to Ole Smoky is the true moonshine experience. As you approach the entrance, you can detect the distinct smell of our grains cooking and fermenting. You'll see authentic working moonshine stills and experience the process from beginning to end. Our distillers will take the time to visit with you and answer any questions about the history and lore of moonshining in East Tennessee.After you see, smell and hear about the process, we offer tastings of our Award winning shine! Samples of our Original Unaged Corn Whiskey, White Lightnin' and Moonshine Cherries as well as Apple Pie and Blackberry flavors - plus we offer seasonal and special flavors that aren't available in package stores. And of course, you'll be able to buy plenty of moonshine and Ole Smoky merchandise to take home with you.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We ahev watched the show "Moonshiners" sponsored by Ole Smokey. So since we were in Sevierville we had to go. The employees were so friendly, they let me get a picture with them and was telling us about the show and their moonshine. The night we were there, they had 12 different flavors..Apple Pie, Pink Lemonade, and Lemondrop were my faves! I would recommend going here if not for the moonshine but the atmosphere. There are great country chairs to sit on and listen to music, a cute little gift shop. (not expensive)

Write a ReviewReviews (6,351)
All reviews
in 64 reviews
"tasting"
in 1,386 reviews

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We loved tasting the moonshine. Blackberry was awesome and so was Apple Pie. Actually, I didn't taste one that I didn't like. Later, we sat under the patio heaters to listen to some music. PHENOMENAL! These guys were TIGHT! They also took my request (Orange Blossom Special) and far exceeded my expectations. If you love bluegrass and/or moonshine, you MUST check this place out!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

When I was young, I had the "real stuff," which my uncle had purchased from under a rock somewhere. It was rough just as George Jones had described. When I visited the Ole Smokey Distillery in Gatlinburg in 2012, I was not sure how I would like the drink. I tried both the Moonshine and the White Lightening at the taste test bar. I went crazy over all of it. I purchased a bottle of Moonshine and took it home. I now have an all time favorite drink! This is soo good, I cannot get enough! It is not only smooth and tastey, but is also wonderful in quality. I absolutely love this stuff! Great job guys. Tastes close to the knee knocking George Jones song stuff, and it is incredibly delicious! Life is good!

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

They have free tastings off all the shines- this place was slammed full when I went. It's a very popular place and much bigger than I thought. Really unique- if you have never had shine before, you are in for a treat.