“Amazing!”

NOC Gatlinburg
Ranked #7 of 134 Shopping in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: NOC’s 18,000 square-foot flagship store sits at the downtown Gatlinburg entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park. NOC Gatlinburg carries everything necessary to enjoy excursions into the Smokies including our signature “gifts, gear and guidance.” The in-store shopping experience is unique and fun, boasting a swinging rope bridge, a kid-friendly bear cave and a giant fireplace for warming up on cool days. We also help guests plan whitewater rafting and other guided Smokies outdoor adventures in-store.
Unicoi, Tennessee, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Great deals on everything! Patagionia t-shirt for $12 doesnt get much better! Friendly staff they have my buisiness now!

Atlanta, Georgia
“which river did ya'll run ?”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Having trained on the Nantahalla and worked the Pigeon, I was interested in the unhappy customer's review. The Pigeon on a non-release day is a rocky creek and more fun to kayak than raft,so if they take you rafting without telling you they aren't letting water from the dam,then one might be disappointed. But the pictures seem to be of the Nanny,not the Big Pig. Sorry,but I am confused. There're NOC Outfitters at both,but the Nanny is strictly beginners thrill ride. The BP on a big water day has a few class 3 rapids and a well trained Guide knows their names by heart and should know where the safe/fun/dangerous options are located. Each river has it's own character & each company has it's own style. Wish you had gone down with me; we alway have FUN.

Visited January 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent outdoor store”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We always stop in this store and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Good selection of camping and hiking equipment.

Visited January 2013
Benton AR
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Outdoor Store”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Every time we come to Gatlinburg we always stop by. NOC is a great place for any outdoor activity. My wife and I enjoy hiking and always enjoy looking at their latest shoes, clothing and gadgets. The kids enjoy the big black bear and playing checkers by the fire. It's a neat store to just stop by and check out.

Salem, Alabama
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Cool stuff”
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Lots of cool products, unique stuff you might not find anywhere else. We like to walk around and browse, I can't say I ever bought anything though, maybe I am too cheap!