“Great Rafting trip”

NOC Gatlinburg
Ranked #6 of 137 Shopping in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: NOC’s 18,000 square-foot flagship store sits at the downtown Gatlinburg entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park. NOC Gatlinburg carries everything necessary to enjoy excursions into the Smokies including our signature “gifts, gear and guidance.” The in-store shopping experience is unique and fun, boasting a swinging rope bridge, a kid-friendly bear cave and a giant fireplace for warming up on cool days. We also help guests plan and book whitewater rafting and other guided Smokies outdoor adventures in-store.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Remember you do have to paddle, and you will get very wet. We had a great time. The kids really enjoyed being able to use the water guns on the other rafters, and we all had a blast.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is the second NOC I have visited, and is by far the larger and more involved of the two. The customer service was exceptional considering the number of people there during my visit. Swinging bridge upstairs as well as the climbing wall seemed to be a highlight with the kids. The only negative I have is the access to the store. I am sure there is an elevator, but it seemed there were 40 some steps to the front door. The outside and in were very pretty as they were decorated with holidays trees and such.

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I just came in to do a return. Employee met me at the door and asked what I needed. I told her that I needed to do a return. She asked if I had a receipt which I didn't and she got the general manager. The general manager told me that he didn't know if I had even paid for it as I didn't have a receipt. The conversation didn't go very well after that. He must have been having a very bad day - now I am too. So you get to see a lot of good things but make sure you buy exactly what you need and don't need to return anything.

2  Thank iamcolby
Charles C, Retail Marketing at NOC Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

We are so sorry you had such a bad experience in our store while working with our assistant manager. It is our return policy that a receipt is required, and all returns should take place within 30 days.

That being said, we do want to accommodate our guests as best we can and make our customers happy. We did extend an offer for a store credit or gift card since you did not have a receipt. We hoped this would satisfy your need to return the item in question.

We definitely want to maintain high standards of customer service and treat all our guests with dignity and respect. I sincerely apologize that you did not feel our actions met this expectation. I hope you will visit us again in the future so we can offer you a better experience.

Best Regards,
NOC Gatlinburg Retail Team

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Visited on our last visit to Gatlinburg. If you have never been in this store you are missing out on one of the best attractions in town. The staff is amazing and very competent, the gear is incredible. My wife and I went to the store a couple of times when we were in town. I promise, if you love the outdoors, you will not be disappointed. Great store, we will be back.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

They have nice stuff and some of it has nice prices. But you get what you pay for. If you want to do some hiking they have everything you could think of.