“Don't buy any jewelry from them!”
Review of Old Town Gem Mine

Old Town Gem Mine
Ranked #33 of 134 Shopping in Gatlinburg
Humble, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't buy any jewelry from them!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I bought a ring for my daughter and a pendent for my mom for Christmas, worst mistake ever! My daughters ring was so beat up, IDK what happened to it. My moms pendent was just a stone, ummm I did not just buy a stone. The mining was fun, my daughter enjoyed it so much, but stop at the mining DO NOT BUY JEWELRY FROM THEM,

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Michael322013

Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Kids Loved It”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Was expecting pressure to have some of the gems cut, but no pressure at all. The kids loved doing the sifting of the sand and finding all of the rocks. It was fun for and would recommend for the kids (mine are 7 & 9). Was one of the highlights of the trip for them!

3 Thank Chris L
Panama City Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We had so much FUN!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I took my kids to this place, we had a blast mining for our gems. Found a lot of really nice stones Amethyst, Blue Topaz, Citrine, Ruby, Emerald and Aquamarine. I ended up getting the Ruby cut into a nice 3ct oval pendant for my daughter. We had it appraised and found out it was a 3500.00 stone!! Definitely will be going back again!!!

2 Thank C T
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The real thing, not just for kid's”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

You find real stuff, worth a heck of alot more than what you pay to have it made, it's authentic and genuine, alot less than what you would pay at any jewelry store, you can save alot of money here when it comes to having top of the line jewelry.

2 Thank Whiteplague
Acworth, Georgia
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Best Thing To Do In Gatlinburg!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've always wanted to do Gem Mining - but didn't want to waste my money - so we looked for a mine that guaranteed real Gems. We found it at Old Town Gem Mine! We bought the $35 bucket for 4 of us - we ended up with Emerald, Ruby, Citrine, Smoky Mountain Quartz, Blue Sapphire, Blue Topaz - just to name a few. We ended up getting two of them cut into 5KT stones. Fun, Educational and Affordable! We had a great time! Be sure to ask for Shawn - he was very knowledgeable and helped us make good decisions on which stones to keep! Then he separated them into pretty stones and valuable stones. The week before we were there a lady found a .75 diamond........these are not cut stones you find - you find them in their raw state - then you have the option to have them made into polished stones (at a discounted rate - we checked that here when we returned home). We'll DEFINITELY go back!

Visited June 2013