“Love this place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Camp LeConte Luxury Outdoor Resort
Monroe, Ohio
“Love this place!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My daughter and I tent camped here for 2 nights in the summer and LOVED it! The pool was really nice and the bath house was really nice and clean. We will definitely go back to Camp LeConte! I'd love to stay in the Safari Tents some time because they were really awesome. The staff was very friendly!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Donna M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Madison,Ms
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed In a Pull Through Spot with A 39" Fifth wheel Toy Hauler, There was Plenty Of room To Park and The Sites were Very Nice and well Maintained. The Staff was More than helpful and Very Friendly & Really Made the Experience Even Better! We Made Many Stops on Our Trip, But honestly We enjoyed Camp LeConte the Best Out Of everywhere we stayed, And we will Be returning here on our next trip!

3 Thank JGray428
Gastonia, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We rented a Safari Tent for the weekend, I must say I was very impressed. The sites were spacious, the Safari Tents were spotless, the staff was amazing and the whole trip was PERFECT! The bathrooms are clean, the pool was sparkling and heated. The staff went the extra mile with everything they did. I highly recommend and enjoyed everything about the trip. They really have it togther there and I will be back tons!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 3 and LOVED it. Close to the pool and the bathroom and the playground.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Amy B
50onthego
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in our RV. The sites are tight, but they are nestled in between two large hills making them cozy and scenic. Our site had a very nice picnic table, outdoor light, sewer, 50 amp, cable and WIFI. They also have a small pool, and some tents to rent. I didn't see much other than that. It's a very small campground.

Other than that, when we asked questions about places to go and see in and near the park due to the government shutdown, the management had very little info to share which was frustrating when you're visiting the area. I was really surprised to hear that they had never driven the nearby Blue Ridge Parkway.

In response to other reviews, yes they are on the major thoroughfare into Gatlinburg, but I think because the campground is lower than the road and far enough away, we really didn't hear much traffic noise at all. However, to be fair, we were about halfway back in the campground so perhaps that made a difference.

So although the sites were small, I would love to have given this place a 4 star rating, but the service/knowledge of the staff really was sorely lacking.

4 Thank 50onthego
CampLeConte, Owner at Camp LeConte Luxury Outdoor Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your review and honest feedback. We take it seriously. It is our goal to exceed the expectations of every guest. Everyone working at Camp LeConte is from the area and we are familiar with most roads, local hangouts and attractions. We discussed this and it is true a couple of us have not traveled the Blue Ridge Parkway.

If we do not have the answer to a question, it is our normal practice to check the Internet to find an answer. Your vacation is important. You deserve the best experience. I am sorry if we did not do this and provide the needed information for you.

The shutdown of the government and national park did cause some problems and it was difficult for us to get the information needed to make alternate recommendations. The City of Gatlinburg provided us a list of alternatives that we tried to share with everyone. Again, we are sorry if you did not get this.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will try us again in the future. We appreciate your business!
Windber, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I'm always nervous pulling into campgrounds but no worries here.... AT ALL. We stayed in our tent near the back of the campground and the walk to the washrooms was not far at all. There is very little noise from the road and a trolley stop that goes into Gatlinburg right out front. The shower facility is new and super clean. The owners are extremely friendly and great to work with. Also, there's are great view of the Smoky Mountains. I will definitely be coming back and camping there!

2 Thank Heatkins4coal8
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Alright, I'll be honest - I thought I'd have to check my 'man-card' at the door by staying at a facility that uses the word 'Glamping.' It had been a few years since we've been camping as a family. I knew that my blow up mattresses had holes in them, my tent was leaky and i was in $200 minimum just to get my gear ready to do traditional camping, My wife came across this facility online and insisted it was a great solution.....so of course I relented. I rationalized that Glamping is not in the dictionary so that this is just camping with a pre-sent tent.

I still got to do all the things that made me feel manly - I ran my plethora of extension cords throughout the cabin, I used the grill to make a nice fire and most importantly...I had an electric water heater to make instant coffee. I believe the main cabin was a 20 or 30 Amp breaker - so plenty of juice to run an electric griddle or whatever you want to cook with. There are coax cable wires at the base of the electrical box on the Safari-Tents....I did not bring a TV so I'm not sure if they work.

On to the facility. It's only been open for about four months, but was surprisingly busy. Everything was clean. Nice washrooms, Grounds, General Store - the whole nine yards. Wi-Fi is strong across the site. Owners were ridiculously nice and bent over backwards to make sure you are happy and taken care of. Salt-of-the-earth people - take time to talk to them!

I picked the 7th safari tent down because I was worried about being too close to the road. No road noise from where we were at. Our 8-year-old son loved the playground. The campground is small enough to where if there are not too many RVs in the middle, you can see clear across from the Safari Tents to the Playground so we could watch him from our tent.

It was a very enjoyable experience and I'm glad we chose Camp Leconte for our Glamp....er, um...'Luxury Camping' experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MarkMTAM
Spring Hill, Tennessee
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The facility is top notch. The bathrooms and showers were very clean and in new condition The staff is extremely pleasant. They even took the time to bring our grandsons diaper bag to us after we left it at the trolley stop. We will go back again and again. Thanks Linzy and Ian for a wonderful stay

• Stayed October 2013