“Very pleasant experience...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Camping in the Smokies
“Very pleasant experience...”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

My wife and I really enjoyed staying at Camping in the Smokies. We rode down on our motorcycle and tent camped. The managers are very friendly and I thought that it was actually very nice that they escorted you to your site. Keeps someone from getting confused. They were very generous as they actually brought some extra firewood for our fire and they replaced the Trolly ticket that I washed in my pocket. On top of that, I left my glasses there and they mailed them to my home for me. I would definitely stay there again. They are just trying to have everyone be courteous to everyone else and keep the place clean (which they do a great job of.) The location is really good and I thought the price was pretty fair for tent with water and electric. The only complaint I had was at sometime in the middle of the night a trash truck comes through makes a ton of racket. Otherwise it was very quit. A pair of earplugs solved the truck noise. I slept like a baby after that. We will definitely stay here again should we chose to camp in Gatlinburg again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank dawnitha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 31, 2010

The plus - campground is clean. Everything else was horrible..first, you are escorted to your site and parked by owner, second, you have to by parts (sewer) so the owners "supposely" are up to par with the city ordiance, third, you can't touch the grass and last you... can't pitch a tent on the site that you have paid for (my kids were looking forward to being outside in a tent "roughing"it). To top it all off...the pool is being cleaned every second of everyday!! I assure you the men cleaning the pool didn't care about it being clean...they were to busy looking at all the women laying around it!!! BY FAR...the worse place I have ever camped and will NEVER go back...BEWARE OF THESE PPL!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
9 Thank thekidsmom1971
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gatlinburg
Mountain Shadows Log Home Resort
#22 of 52 in Gatlinburg
Country Town N' Suites
Country Town N' Suites
#64 of 78 in Gatlinburg

Been to Camping in the Smokies? Share your experiences!