“Memories, Sweet Memories...”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Memories, Sweet Memories...”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have been visiting the candy kitchen for 30+ years. The shop is right out of a fairytale. Magical atmosphere...think Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The candy is pricy but, face it, you get what you pay for! No place like it!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank JamaicanBride1222

Boonville, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A time honored tradition...”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen is a great place to go for candy. We visit at least once every time we come to Gatlinburg. The candy is fresh and of high quality. The prices are what I would expect for quality candy in a tourist area. My favorite items are the taffy, raspberry jellies, rocky road and turtles. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Ole Smoky is the place to go for candy in Gatlinburg!

Indianapolis, Indiana
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A Gatlinburg tradition”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

It is NOT Gatlinburg without the Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen!!!!! Ever since I was a child, I've always enjoyed the taffy-making process in the front window! I don't eat that much candy, but I have fallen in love with the milk chocolate peppermint bark.
The only criticism I have, however, is that they really need to get at least an email address if not a website. I have ordered from them in that past, and it would be a lot easier if there was a website from which I could order rather than calling on the phone and asking for an order form.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank targetlady85
Sanford, FL
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“The ONLY place I go for candy in Gatlinburg!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been buying candy from Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen since my husband first took me to Gatlinburg back in 1999 and I refuse to buy candy from any where else! You can keep your expensive Aunt Mahalia's...just give me some candy from good old Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen. I don't know why people complain about their expense when Aunt Mahalia's is double in price and not even half as good! I always get my niece and nephews their little circus boxes filled with an assortment of candies. Their chocolate covered almonds are to die for! Their gummy bears and worms are great, their chocolate bears are creamy, their taffy is fresh, their chocolate covered almonds are the best, their chocolate creams are awesome and you are always served and helped with a great smile! And everything is super fresh and you don't have to worry and wonder how long the candy has been sitting on the shelf. Not to mention watching the taffy being made is hypnotizing! They have benches in front of their store and there is always a few people sitting there watching the taffy being made. It's very restful.

Thank you Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen for continuing to be great!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank zdavis29
LONG ISLAND, NY
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“ITS OVERPRICED CANDY”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Popped in to sample some taffy. The selection of yummies was pretty big, was hard to decide what I wanted. The prices certainly helped me curb my sweet tooth. The candy/chocolates average $17-18 a pound. What I got was good, definantley fresh but nothing to warrant the prices. Cashew brittle and other candy/chocolates were good but not any better than anything I can get from the local mall at home, for half the price. The peppermint patty was lacking in peppermint. Can buy a York Peppermint Patty and get a much better mint taste (opens up the sinuses).

Visited August 2012