“The Sock Shop Rocks”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“The Sock Shop Rocks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I agree with the other reviewers about the quaint shops and relative calm of the Village Shops, a nice breather from the bustle of the main drag.

I visited the Sock Shop twice - finally a place where I could get some useful AND cute souvenirs, in the form of "World's Softest" socks with little black bears on them. They came in quite handy with the cold spell, but truthfully, we have been wearing several pairs of various socks we purchased every day since returning home. The family sock fiend got a pair with the Loch Ness Monster, a pair with some sushi designs, and a pair that looks like pencils (photo attached). LOVED this little area of downtown Gatlinburg!

Visited March 2014

Montgomery, Alabama
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great little shops.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This area is very nice. There's a little bit of everything for everyone, from ice cream and coffee to shoes and art.

Hartford, Alabama
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Fairytale village shops”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I love it. It was like we stepped into a ripple in time. The had old pottery shops where you could watch them at work. Soap shops, a doughnut shop, purses and many other things. They even have a place for public restrooms which I thought was very nice and clean.

Melbourne, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cute shops!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed these shops! I like how it was off the main street, since this is a tourist area you have people Standing outside of there shops wanting to talk and sell you stuff! These village shops are quiet and no ones pressuring you to come in!!

Grayslake, Illinois
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best Shops and Walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

This is such a cute shopping area! The shops are all fun and getting off the main road is nice. We were there on a Friday and traffic was light. We drove by it on Saturday and it was packed! I am glad we went on Friday. There is a spice shop in the back corner that was my favorite. Great local spices!