“Awesome time!! Highlight of our trip”
Review of Zip Gatlinburg - CLOSED

Zip Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: AFFORDABLE 9 Line Zipline Canopy Tour! Based around family, for kids and grandparents too!Enough for both the Extremist and Beginner to enjoy.Half the price of all other Zipline Companies.Two guides do all the work so you can enjoy the ride with NO fear! Also, try our New self guided 27 Obstacle Tree Trek Course!Both leave you in the heart of downtown Gatlinburg, where all the action is, to enjoy the rest of your day!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Absolutely wonderful!! My family and I were first timers and I am scared of heights but the guides made me feel 100% comfortable. My 9 year old daughter froze at the last minute and refused to go but one of the guides, Dave coaxed her into it and "rode with her" the first line and after that she had a blast! The guides, Dave, Tyler and there were two more and I cannot remember their names definately made the trip, they were very reassuring and hilarious! We had a lot of laughs. Would definately recommend!! Thanks for a great timeI

1  Thank doverharley

Reviewed April 22, 2011

Our party of 5 adults (age 18 to 54) signed up for a 9:00 a.m. Thursday trip over Easter break 2011 and had a terrific time. Although the zip lines are not really long or really high, the staff was enthusiastic and fun. David was particularly helpful. The price was right for about a two hour adventure including sign-in, suit-up, travel to the lines, zipping, and return. Free parking was about 3 blocks away just beyond the convention center. I'd do it again, but for higher adventure, I'd try another company. It was fun and we all felt safe. Lots of laughs!

Reviewed April 12, 2011

Overall, it was a great trip. Most of the guides were very funny and friendly. No problems at all getting in or out, or making reservations. The experience itself was very fun, although more complicated than I expected. Only downside was the fact that our group had 25 people in it, which resulted in moderate waiting times. They did a very good job at keeping it going though!

1  Thank nasch78
Reviewed April 3, 2011

We were looking for a zipline activity for my wife, daughter and nephew and checked out most of the zipline companies in Pigeon Forge and Gatlnburg and decided on this company for a couple reasons:

1.) It was the cheapest company.
2.) It was the only one that my 8 year old, 58 pound nephew could do on his own. A couple of the other companies said he could be tethered to a guide (for an extra cost) but could not go on his own. This company takes children as young as 5 and 45 pounds.

We are glad we chose this company. They made the experience fun for the whole family and the safety briefing and training before leaving the "office" was excellent and easy to understand. The fitting of the harnesses was done in a professional way making sure of safety. The guides were fun and informative and the trip up the mountain from town (to the lines) was fun as well.

The only negative with this company is that there were only 9 zips (lines) to participate in. Part of the reason it is cheaper, but also a good choice for beginers or those not sure of doing this activity. This company may be adding more zips in the future.

Their office is now located just off the Parkway on "Historic Nature Trail" (formerly known as Airport Road.) Traffic light 8 off the Parkway and behind the Space Needle. Their building is under construction, so you have to go to the rear to get in but it should be completed by summer. (next to Mr. Tablecloth.).

It would appear that they go by several different names..."Gatliburg Ziplines" and Gatlinburg Zipline Family Adventures" are both used.

A good activity for middle aged children (8 - 16) and parents.

2  Thank JECOhio
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Unless the experience you are looking for includes standing in line upwards of 20 minutes per zip line, I'd pass. The views are okay at best. The zip lines are short. Don't buy into the lower price like we did. Spend the extra money and do it right.

6  Thank Rycon54