“Summit Cabin”

Summit Manor Condominiums
NC
“Summit Cabin”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Lovely cabin and great location. The front door outside light was out and they did attempt to fix but to no avail. Bring a flashlight! The key pad entry is very hard to see in the dark! ut otherwise, the cabin was very nice. Check the A/C unit when you arrive, the heat was on and we were there in August!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JFosterNc

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Scotrun,
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This room looks great and is in a near perfect location if you like to walk downtown Gatlinburg. The bathroom had no electric when we arrived and a call to the front office (on my phone because room had no dial tone)led ME to reset breakers over the phone. Next A/C was operating poorly and found filter completely clogged. I call down front again and asked for this to be repaired. A repair man (sort of) came and just removed filter and said they don't have any and would have to order. Next he plugged another phone in himself and again no dial tone. He stated " well, it looks like they didn't pay there bill again". I'm pretty sure it's illegal to not have a working phone but he could not have cared less. This was never taken care of. There were 2 lights out which he said he would replace and never came back. Lastly washer machine was broken and called to front desk and they seemingly ignored me. Again nothing was done. This is great location but you should hope everything is ok when you arrive because service was terrible.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Gippy96
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Summit Manor Condos. It was in a perfect location so that we could walk to everything easily, but we had 2 bedrooms and a full (very nicely done) kitchen. My parents stayed with us for two nights, and we had an extra night to ourselves and the kids, where we were able to spread out a bit more. It made it very easy to put the baby down for naps and earlier bedtime. And the washer/dryer saved us several times. It was very quiet, as it was set back off the strip, and up a slight hill, separating it from the downtown noise. We even had a little back yard with a view. There is a pool, but it was too cold when we were there, so it was closed, but would probably be nice in the warm summer. The condo it right across the street from the Ober Gatlinburg sky lift that goes to the top of the mountain. We took the kids up there to do snow tubing and ice skating in April! They had a blast! Apparently there are tons of fun things to do in warmer weather as well (water slides and a train...).
The condo is located closer to the end of town that goes into the Great Smoky Mountains. That end of town appears to be a little nicer, a little quieter, and perhaps even a little more upscale. Some nicer restaurants, fewer people, and NOC (!) Nantahala Outdoor Center - a great surprise for us. But we had no problems walking the entire length of the strip several times a day with 3 kids.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor, and it was super helpful because you could pull your car right up to lo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sbsmithfl
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This condo was in a good location (probably middle way of the strip) we stayed in the A building on 3rd floor. It was nice inside and roomy. We got a two bedroom 2 bath. We did have a problem with the small bathroom shower curtain (it was broke and wouldn't stay shut while you would take a shower) there was cobwebs on the lamps shades. There was a nice kitchen, washer/dryer, dish washer, fireplace, balcony, dining room. I really liked this place. For 7 of us it was affordable. It could be pricey for a couple. Since 7 of us split the fee.

Room Tip: This is located close to the end red lights on the strip and walking distance to everything.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hampton, Georgia
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was our third year staying at Summit Manor. As with the 2 previous years our experience was excellent. The unit was very clean and everything was in good condition. This unit appeared to have been painted recently. Access to the town for shops and dining is only a short walk. One concern for my wife was the bear that came within 25 feet of our patio, however he seemed friendly as we looked from the inside out. I do highly recommend this place and I realize that some may have problems as with any place you stay.

Room Tip: No bear issues above the 1st floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jimb116
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The location of these condos is in a great location. With an elevator to take you to street level, you can park your vehicle at the condo level and walk to almost anywhere in downtown Gatlinburg. There is also the trolly that takes you almost anywhere you would want to go, or at least gets you close. We stayed in a one bedroom unit in Building A, which was very nice in appearance, but could have been cleaner. I was really surprised that I didn't here noise from the other units, buit not sure anyone else was in the building. Big problem was somebody had been feeding stray cats on our back patio, so the cats kept trying to get into the unit by tearing up the sliding screen door, therefore we couldn't sit on the patio and have coffee in the mornings. Unit had ample dishes, but only one spadula for cooking, no pot holders for handling hot pans, one garbage bag for the kitchen trash can, but several for the small bathroom trash can. All four bar stools were very unstable. I took the liberty of tightening up the legs with my own tools. Glad I called a day ahead about checkin, or I wouldn't have known to check in at the Creekside Motel, as I don't recall anything on the website as to such, nor was anything sent stating where to checkin. I made my reservation several months inadvance and never received or heard from them again. Overall the place is very nice and has easy access to the city. I believe the things that I have mentioned, probably go back to what other reviewers have said about management of this property. Had no contact with said manager except letting the office know I was checking out, but if the manager is not also the owner, then I would definite think the owners, if they care about their property would want to be talking with the manager, and/or replacing him, or they won't be renting, as wor will get around about the apparant lack of concern by management.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FishingFool62
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My siblings and I rented two units for 5 days. Upon arrival we found that the ice makers were not working in either of our units. NO ICE! Upon contacting the manager; he said Sears would have to come out to repair. Sears NEVER came. We had NO ICE for the 5-days we were there.
The manager suggested we go next door to the motel and get ice from the ice machine. We are all Seniors in our 70's and 80's and carrying buckets of ice was not an option. The manager never offered to have ice delivered. Poor Service!
The dishwasher was not working in one of the units. We called to notifiy him and again; we felt like we were bothering this Manager; again no apology for things not working.
Maintenance did show up on day 2 and repaired it. Property Manager made no apology for these problems. On our next to the last day; my 3 sisters and I made a trip to the office to ask for compensation for not having ice the entire time. He reluctantly gave us $100 credit for each condo. This only happened because there were other guest checking in at the time we were making our complaint and request.
I like the location and the furnishings; but paying premium price for a sub-par condo is not what I expected. This place needs NEW Management who wants to keep things repaired and working and who has a better attitude. For the price of these Condos...you can find better!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family