“Beautiful, Spacious, Cabins”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hemlock Hills Resort
Greenville, South Carolina
“Beautiful, Spacious, Cabins”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had a great weekend at Cody's View, one of the Hemlock Hills Cabins. We had so much room for the 4 of us that we could spread out as needed. The view was breathtaking, the kids loved the pool and air hockey tables. We just grilled out every night and read and played games. The hot tub was well kept and clean and that is an absolute fantastic way to enjoy the view. My family and I will certainly stay again!

Room Tip: The raccoons can get a little rambunctious, so take extra care with your trash bins. You are on a m...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Greeneville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had an absolutely wonderful wedding weekend at Hemlock Hills Resort (Dancing Bear) for our daughter. The bride and groom were able to enjoy spending REAL time with thirty of their friends and family at this wonderful lodge. The little wedding chapel in the resort was so perfect that the couple did not mind the wedding there instead of the rained out mountain top wedding! They loved having intimate time of their own in their separate honeymoon cabin across the way. Our guests were not only impressed by the magnificent lodge but also how clean everything was. The guests enjoyed being in the arts and crafts community and the close proximity to Gatlinburg. We left with only wonderful memories of this perfect wedding weekend. We cannot thank you enough. Bob and Jackie Jenkins

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jackie J
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Our first visit to the area. Located just far enough from Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge to feel "away from it all", but extremely close to all attractions. We stayed in the Hugs and Kisses cabin, which comfortably fit our family of three. The cabin was very clean, and had just about everything you need. Do be aware of your surroundings, as there are black bear in the area. We saw one every day. My only issue with it was that I didn't realize we were staying near the larger cabins and there was a youth group staying there. It was all good fun, but 80+ teenagers do tend to be a little rowdy. They also chose to park their big, noisy yellow school bus outside of OUR cabin. If we come back, I'd just make sure we had a little more privacy. The owners seem to be very accommodating and were easy to contact. The pool table and hot tub got a lot of use! All in all -- an awesome time, would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Augusta, GA
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Just wanted to let everyone know how much we enjoyed the Laurel Mist cabin. Everything was perfect and I have no complaints about the 6 beautiful days my family and I spend there.  There is always some anxiety when booking reservations online but when we arrived there all the anxiety went away.  The cabin looked brand new inside with all stainless steel appliances. The kitchen came equipted with everthing from a coffee maker to enough silverware for a very large family. The cabin was nicely decorated and spotlessly clean! We even enjoyed seeing the bear that paid us a couple of visits on the resort. He seemed to only be looking for food and caused no real problems for us, after all this is the mountains with real wild animals and the owners of the resort made us aware that we may see bears during our stay. We also enjoyed not being right in the center of all the attractions while only being about 15 minutes from downtown Gatlinburg and Dollywood! The location of Hemlock Hills Resort is perfect!

I want to thank Hemlock Hills for making our first family vacation to the mountains a pleasurable one!

• Stayed August 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed August 9, 2011

When we discovered that the cabin was build in 2000, we were shocked. The place is so well maintained. It slept more than what we needed. The pool table, foos ball table and air hockey were great. The place was spotless. The only problem we had was that we visited during the horrible heatwave of 2011 and the 3rd floor was hot until 2 am. I liked the location in the arts and crafts community.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank travelingtigers
San Diego, CA
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Let me preface my review by saying that I was born and raised in Southern CA, I've never travelled to Tennessee and do not consider myself a "camper" by any means. So when my niece said she wanted to get married in Gatlinburg and have us stay in a cabin, I thought to myself "On no..." I was so anxious about the trip - not just because my niece was getting married, but because it was unknown territory to me (and I travel moderately) AND the concept of staying in a cabin was scary, which to me a cabin was a wooden lodge with minimal amenties.

Hemlock Hills Resort changed that perception for me. Comprised of various sized cabins to cater to couples, small groups or large gatherings, the cabins are beautifully designed and extremely well-appointed. Construction and materials to create these cabins are impeccable! And the Cabin's air-conditioning was cool and strong, especially during the high 90's and humid weather we experienced during our trip.

According to Hibbard Family Corp representative (owners of Hemlock Hills Resort), the family developed the resort & built the cabins as well as manages the property. You can see that there is a lot of pride at this stunning resort.

Our lodging was more than what we expected and we were VERY pleasantly surprised! Sans a very minor ant problem that was limited to only the kitchen sink area, the Hemlock Hills website provides photos of the various cabins and their location at the resort. We stayed in Old Glory Cabin - a tri-level cabin that sleeps 10 people, and included a jacuzzi tub, King bed and fireplace in the master bedroom, another bedroom with a Queen Bed and TV set, and a larger bedroom with a Queen bed connected to the game room that included air hockey, foosball, TV set and the entrance to the outdoor jacuzzi tub and patio area. The living area included a large projection TV set and dining area. The kitchen was fully appointed and included stainless steel refrigerator, electric stove with oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, eating utensils, coffee maker...simply amazing!

What is truly amazing is that the price to stay here was almost 1/2 the cost of staying at one of the nearby finer hotels. Travelling with a large family can be quite costly, but the bargain that we found by staying at Hemlock Hills made our first time trip to Tennessee and the Gatlinburg area affordable and memorable. Truly an unforgettable experience.

The reservation process went smoothly and was conducted mostly online via their online request form and e-mail. I only had to make one phone call to clarify a question, and the staff were friendly and knowledgable by phone and by e-mail.

I plan on returning to TN and when I do, I hope I have the opportunity to stay at Hemlock Hills again. Thank you Hemlock Hills Resort!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family