“Can't Wait to Go Back!”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort
Ranked #23 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a week stay at this wonderful resort. We arrived a bit early on our check in day yet our room was ready. Checking in with Bobbi Jean was a pleasure. She is what those of us used to staying at Disney resorts would be classified as making our trip "magical". She - and all the staff we encountered - could not have been more gracious and accommodating. Our room was wonderful, well kept, comfortable and overlooking the mountains. If there were any problems they were quickly and graciously solved. Our only issue was with the sale rep at the sales presentation and upon voicing my unhappiness we received calls from 2 different department Mangers as well as Mr. Ward, the General Manager who took the time to meet with us. All of them were genuine in their concern.

Our unit had every possible pot, pan, dishware etc. There was nothing lacking. What minor problems we had were quickly and graciously solved. The location couldn't be better - walking distance to everything one could hope to do in Gatlinburg. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for spending your valuable vacation time with us JaneyA, I can only hope that ya’ll enjoyed staying with us as much as we enjoyed having ya’ll. I must agree the passion Bobby Jean and really my whole staff has for “loving” our guest is quite “magical”. I want you to know that you and your family will always have a “home” here in Gatlinburg. I look forward to seeing ya’ll again soon. I promise that I and my whole crew will work really hard to make your next stay better than the last. Don Ward

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Our family loved this resort! All of the workers were extremely friendly and helpful. The only negative things I can report about were the lack of closet space, cold indoor pool, and too much chlorine in the pool and hot tub. The rooms were excellent! It was such a luxury having a full kitchen and washer and dryer in our room. They were also very spacious.

2  Thank Emmy K

EmmyK, I can’t express how thankful I am that ya’ll choose to stay with us! I will check into the pool chemicals and water temperature right away! I am sorry that you found these distractions during your stay. On your next visit make sure to let us know immediately of anything that would cause you to have a less than “WOW” experience and we will work very hard to correct it. I hope to see ya’ll again real soon. Don Ward

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I along with another couple stayed here for 5 nights in a two bedroom. The accommodations and facilities were nice and relatively clean. The desk staff/concierge were great, most notably Shonda, who is awesome!

We did the "hour long" presentation on the time share process to get cheaper tickets. The actual presentation ended up taking closer to two hours. Bart, the guy who was presenting was abrasive and left a bad taste in my mouth. He seemed to take it personally that we didn't want to buy into the place at the current. Staff was receptive to our complaints of displeasure with him.

Also, we were told the room would be ready at noon. Upon attempting to check in we were told to come back at 4. After 4 we checked in to find housekeeping in our room, still cleaning. The housekeepers were efficient and apologetic.

Overall, it was a good experience and I'd stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mjwalsh249

Thanks for your review of your recent stay with us Mjwalsh249. I am happy that we were able to meet your expectations even with the not so good issues you encountered. I do apologize that you had to experience them. My team does get a little passionate from time to time. We do try very hard to get all our guest in their units even before our 4 o’clock check-in time, I hate that we were not able to meet that request for you. I promise to work very hard to meet your needs and request on your next stay. I hope to see you and the whole gang again real soon! Happy travels Don Ward

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of staying here for a week in early March. First, the staff is excellent. Every staff member we encountered during our stay always asked us how we were doing and if we were enjoying our stay. Always wanting to know if they could get us anything or improve our stay in someway.

Bobbie Jean & Ron are two of the nicest and most genuine people I have ever met. Late one night, I came down to take advantage of the market inside the hotel. Ron had just locked up and was walking away when I came down. He didn't hesitate to open it for me so I could purchase a beverage. I truly appreciated that. Thank you to the entire staff at the front desk, PJ at the discount ticket counter, and Don for putting together a great staff.

Our room was clean, no maintenance problems, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I do question the design when the architects put the bedroom in the 1 bedroom unit on the inside of the hotel instead of facing out to the scenic view (just personal opinion). Just would have liked to open our curtains and not be afraid of people looking in. Also, the ceiling outside of 413/414 should be painted over (please look into it Don)

Overall, this is a great place to stay with a wonderful staff, comfortable rooms, and a manager that will do anything for his customers it seems.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ryan C

Yes sir rpc_2013 I am on top of the ceiling outside our unit entries, each ceiling will be cleaned and re painted by the end of May 2014. It tickles me that you enjoyed your stay so and that ya’ll were able to experience firsthand the passion my team has for creating truly memorable experiences for our guest. I certainly hope you folks will not be shy about coming back to see us! We look forward to seeing ya’ll again real soon. Don Ward

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed here for a cheer competition. The staff was so welcoming! The rooms were first class, spacious and very, clean! Loved our balconies and our view. We will be back for sure! The breakfast restaurant across the street is the very best! It's a must! The price was very very reasonable and I feel like it was on the lower end of what my other peers had to pay to stay at the same type of accommodations so I was thrilled!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travelmomof5

Wow! Thanks travelmomof5, now that is the type of cheering we love to hear! I am so happy you and the girls had such a good time with us. I hope ya’ll did well in the competition. Yes The Log Cabin Pancake House is the very best. I hope to see y’all before next year’s completion ,come back this summer and Ms. Misty will take ya’ll hiking and salamander hunting. Safe travels Don Ward

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend trip in March 2014. We arrived at the resort and we were all welcomed warmly by the front desk. The check in was very easy and fast but the only thing we didn't like was the attempt to sign up for the time share program but it didn't deter our weekend at all. The room...WOW! The room was awesome. We had a room on the 10th floor overlooking downtown Gatlinburg and the mountains. The villa spacious and also had 2 bedrooms. The lone downfall in the room was the water pressure in the shower was a little light but not too light where it was impossible to take a good shower. The room also had a LARGE jacuzzi tub big enough for 2. The surroundings were nice and clean and the staff, including house keeping, were very nice and pleasant and always said hi. We are looking to return in the fall and the resort will be high on our list as places to stay again. Thank you for making our weekend a great one!

1  Thank Danny T

Thanks for such a nice review of your recent stay with us DannyT. I hope that we did earn your business for your return trip in the fall, I promise if you stay with us on your return visit we will work very hard to make it as good if not better than the last. You experienced my teams’ passion for creating exceptional guest experiences first hand. I assure you that we never expect you to do anything that you don’t want to do. I hope to see ya’ll soon, just let us know your expectations for your next visit and we will get right on them! Happy and safe travels. Don Ward

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I bought a latitude package from them. From that point on the customer service stopped. It’s cheaper to book a room online. Room was pending for over a month. Not able to reserve room with package even when rooms were available online. Facilities were great, but would have been happier without the red tape associated with the latitudes package. Do not become a member of holiday inn Vacation club unless you are extremely flexible with your dates and time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank nun_ya246

Nun_ya246, I am sorry that we were not able to deliver the experience for you that we work so hard to deliver to ALL of our guests. I wish you would have contacted me during your stay I would have tried to make lemonade out of the lemons you felt you were given. You are always welcome to rent from us and I promise I as well as my whole team will work very hard to exceed your expectations. Don Ward