“A nice escape from the town itself.”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort
Ranked #21 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed in Gatlinburg for one night. This hotel is close enough to walk to the main drag but also quiet and removed. We had a one bedroom villa. It was perfect for us. Lots of room, etc, Great Jacuzzi. Pool and hot tub were nice. It is a large place but was quiet. Not sure how booked it was. No food on site but lots nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaraFromToronto
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thanks for reviewing your stay with us while here in Gatlinburg. I hope that y’all will come back and enjoy the unique vacation experience that only Gatlinburg and The Great Smoky Mountain Area can offer; and of course stay with us again! We will work very hard to exceed your expectations. Happy and safe travels. Don Ward

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort

Reviewed August 2, 2013

the people were so friendly and welcoming with open arms. the downtown strip as accessible very easily whether it was walking or taking a trolly. the restaurants, shops and activities were suitable for all ages. everything about the hotel gave a "homey" experience. I would recommend this hotel and area for everyone, no doubt about it :)

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Like gibbsguy this review is also about the sales methods used. Our company books a lot of out of state employee trips with Holiday Inn and while on a phone call dealing with a booking issue as a valued customer they presented this offer- 3 night stay for $199. Sounded too good to be true but when they mentioned they were promoting property close to the Smokey Mountains I was interested. I quickly grasped it was timeshare sales but was assured there were no hidden costs etc.

Upon booking my dates for August I was told I could not shorten my stay to 2 days without paying an additional $400 bringing the cost up to $600 for the stay. I pointed out there are many nicer hotels in the area available for significantly less that that. The agent then agreed to move my "Presentation" up to day 2
I then mentioned my husband would not be on the trip where upon I was told this would void the contract since as a married woman husband must be present. I booked and paid for this "package" I feel it is discriminatory just because I am female to require I have my husband with me. I asked what would happen if we had divorced or I was widowed since the booking.....must produce a certificate to prove it. Now that's a hard sell LOL

I am publishing this review to warn others....I'm still surprised I fell for this scam but I guess since I was a "valued customer" I did not expect them to jeopardize future business with a scam. Needless to say we will no longer use Holiday Inn for employee business bookings....disappointing.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
23  Thank Marian B

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. We are disappointed to hear that you felt your experience was less than the wonderful care and service that our guests have come to expect from us. Our package promotions are a great way to offer our future guests the chance to stay with us and learn more about vacation ownership. Because these packages are so deeply discounted, we are unfortunately unable to change the conditions associated with these tours. One aspect of being able to offer these discounts is that we ask you attend a property presentation during your stay. You are also correct that we ask married couples attend together, regardless of the gender of the person who books the stay. As you stated, this information along with any stay modification charge quotes was provided to you at the time of booking, as well as in writing before a guest arrives and at the time of check-in. We provide this information to assure that our guests are not surprised with any hidden charges. We apologize if you felt that this offer was not in-line with what you were looking for in a discounted getaway. In an attempt to find out more about your specific situation we have attempted to contact you through private message. We look forward to connecting with you and would love the opportunity to host you for a wonderful vacation.

Don Ward

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed here for one night before checking into our cabin. Our 1 bedroom suite was spacious. Plenty of room for our 3 and 6 year old sons to play. There was a king size bed in the bedroom and a full size queen sleeper sofa in the living area. The queen sized sleeper sofa didn't have one of those cheap mattresses that your accumstomed to seeing on them, it was as comfortable as you'll find on most regular beds.
The game room had to be my kids favorite part of this resort. It had a pool table, air hockey, 2 claw machines, and 3 or 4 other arcade games. And the games here are much cheaper to play than on the strip, so we hung out here and got their arcade game fix before walking to the main drag.
Now I'm being picky because this resort was great and I'd definitely stay here again. But, if I had to list some cons it would be they closed the indoor pool anytime there was thunder or lightening in the area. I know this is for the safety of the guests but caught us off guard as we were planning on utilizing the indoor pool until the storm passed. Also, the walk to the main strip was a little farther than we had thought it would be. If it wasn't for our young kids it would've been just fine...but I believe anyone with young kids may want to consider having the trolley take them from this hotel to their Gatlinburg destination.

1  Thank Travis928

Thanks for taking time to review your stay with us Travis 928, I am really glad that you and your family had such a good time. Next year try out our 2 bedroom and we will get y’all out of the “cabin”. I promise to work hard to exceed your expectations. I hope to see y’all again soon. Don Ward

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to Gatlinburg for years and we have never stayed at the same place twice, always looking for the newest place in town until we discovered this Holiday Inn vacation club last summer. We were heading to a wedding in Myrtle Beach and since our daughter and her family had never been to Gatlinburg we decided to stop there on the way to the wedding and show them why we love it so much and try to make a trip there every year. We were so impressed with Holiday Inn Vacation Club last year that we knew we wouldn't be looking for anyplace else to stay in the future as this was our new vacation home. While time did not permit us to do the time share presentation at Gatlinburg we did do it at the one in Myrtle Beach and we were sold. Making vacation plans this year was so easy.

Our room was a two bedroom unit on the 7th floor with a patio that you could open the door too and sit and relax to the wonderful sound of the stream outside. Very nice. The unit has two full bathrooms, king size bed in the master bedroom (along with a jacuzzi tub) and two big beds in the other bedroom. The kitchen is just like home, fully stocked with all the dishes, pots and pans etc. nice to have and we went to the local grocery store and bought breakfast foods, snacks, etc. we cooked out on their grills one evening and it was a nice change of pace from eating out every night. TV's in every room is an added bonus as the grand kids could watch what they wanted and the adults could watch something else.

The pools are very nice and hot tubs are wonderful after a day of hiking or just wondering around town. There are daily activities for the kids and the ones we did were really enjoyable. We were sad that we missed the tye dye shirts this year as my granddaughter had so much fun making them last year. There is always something to do.

The trolley stops right outside and is a great way to get around town. We mainly walked everywhere but it was nice to ride the trolley back up the hill later in the day.

The employees, what can I say other than they are exceptional and seem to go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need and that you are having a great time. I am super impressed with the manager Don. While I didn't met him I had a little issue upon checking it. Everyone checking in was given his business card with both his cell and home phone numbers on it. I called him and he said he would look into the issue and get back with me. The issue was taken care of the very next morning. So appreciated him doing that. I think when someone is willing to put them self out there like that you have to know they take customer satisfaction seriously and they can't help resolve an issue if they don't know about it.

Hope I didn't miss anything and I would recommend this location to any and everyone.

Take care
Debbie

4  Thank Debbie J

Hello Ms. DebbieJ, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your review. The full staff of the Resort work very hard to try and meet and Exceed ALL of our guest expectations. The fact that you became an owner with us absolutely honors and humbles me. Please know that I am always available to my owners, there is no such thing as a silly question, just ask! We hope to see y’all next year, have the grand kids, give us a holler and we will make sure 2014 is even better than this year. See ya’ll soon. Don Ward

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Overall the place is great. Vacation plans changed due to scheduling conflict so I ended up taking my mom, sister, granddaughter and great nieces. This was great for them. They played in the pool everyday. The activities were great for them. The movie was good. The Marketplace here is limited. The staff is great and very knowledgeable. Everything is in walking distance. That was a plus for me. The views are awesome. Room was very comfortable. I would recommend this to anyone who loves the mountains.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Rooms were of nice size, with full kitchen. Reported problem with a noisy refrigerator and it was repaired same day. Nice king size bed. Within walking distance to downtown Gatlinburg which had benches along the main strip.

Room Tip: Parking is limited so wear good walking shoes when touring downtown. Also their are no full grocery...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda Y
HIClubSmokyMtn, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Hey there Ms.LindaY, I am glad you enjoyed your Fall Getaway with us! I hope you will come back and stay with us if your travels bring you back to Gatlinburg. I promise me and the whole staff will work very hard to exceed your expectations to the point that you will want to color in that 5th dot. Don Ward