“In the heart of Gatlinburg!”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort
Ranked #19 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
“In the heart of Gatlinburg!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights in a one bedroom with my husband and two young kids. Worked out well as the kids had a sleeper sofa to use. The room was very comfy and roomy. Everything appeared to be new. The resort was walking distance to everything in Gatlinburg or you could catch the trolley right out front. Would stay again!

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Lbaker3366
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Hello Lbaker3366, Thanks for the review. I am very pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here in Gatlinburg. I hope ya’ll will make visits back to Gatlinburg part of your family traditions as so many others have over the past decades! I appreciate ya’ll staying with us while here in the beautiful Smoky Mountains and hope to see ya’ll again real soon.Don Ward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Sun City Center, Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Althought we have been to Gatlinburg several times, this is our first time staying at this place. We didn't realize it was a "Time Share" type property when we booked it. When we first arrived, the desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. Parking is inside, off the street, and free.

It was when we got to our room that the WOW factor hit us. Our room was a beautiful, 1 bedroom apartment, complete with full kitchen and laundry, large whirlpool tub and shower, king size bed, fireplace, and balcony.

We were asked (very politely) if we had time on our visit to listen to a time share presentation in exchange for $100 restuarant vouchers, but we declined. We did not feel pressured into attending their presentation.

We would definitely book here again. TIP: Book all the days you need, as it fills up quickly.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony. No need to ask.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DMH247
Thanks for taking your time to review your stay with us dmheaps! I am tickled you had such a good time and that you choose to stay with us! I am really proud of our facility and our whole staff work very hard to keep it well maintained and clean. But I honestly want ya’ll to call me on your next trip and give me the chance to “wow” you as much with my “people” as you were with my facilities. I promise we will work very hard to exceed your expectations every time! Don Ward
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a timeshare/condo type property. The accommodations are very spacious and well equipped. Units have views of surrounding mountains and the town. The pool area is very nice as are the gym facilities. The staff are very accommodating and helpful with tickets to events/shows and how to get around. The location is only a couple of short blocks from downtown Gatlinburg and the shuttle bus stops right out front (although is does not run as often as indicated). Overall this is a beautiful property and would be recommended, especially for an extended stay or vacation week.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit on the side overlooking Gatlinburg and the mountains.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bertnI
WOW! bentnl (Senior Contributor). Thank you so much for your review. I take it as a great honor and accomplishment that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. It is obvious that you get around, in a good way of course, being a senior contributor. I and my whole staff really do try very hard to tend to ALL of our guest needs and exceed their expectations while doing so. I hope ya’ll will choose to stay with us again when your vast travels bring you back to the Smoky Mountain area. Don Ward
Dayton, Tennessee
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our vacation at the Holiday Inn Club in Gatlinburg. We have stayed there many times. The accommodations are excellent and are really a condo. We stayed in the 2 bedroom. We used the good sized kitchen to cook our meals and I even grilled out at the grills next to the pool. Our kids enjoyed the pool, sometimes twice in a day. The pool has been updated with an attractive new surface. The entire complex is updated regularly to keep it looking good. We especially enjoyed the planned activities the resort offers such as the guided hike in the national park, making crafts and taking pictures holding macaws. Misty is the activities director and does an excellent job. The other staff from the front desk to the maintenance and cleaning people are friendly and provide an overall good experience. They all contribute to a satisfying stay. Thank you.

Room Tip: Get a room on the creekside of the building to hear Leconte Creek roar.
3 Thank GPLDAYTON
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Hello GPLDayton, Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us! I guarantee you that Ms. Misty and the whole staff’s passion is to provide ya’ll with the remarkable experiences that you had each and every time you stay with us. I hope to be see your family here when you have grandchildren and they have grandchildren. I appreciate that you choose to stay with us! See you soon. Don Ward
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We are seriously spoiled after staying at the Holiday Inn Club Vacations. My wife & I checked in May 25th to an absolutely beautiful 1 bedroom apartment. The check-in process was delight! Girl who checked us in couldn't have been more pleasant. She helped us out with short cuts around Gatlinburg to avoid the traffic on Main St and gave us directions to one of the only grocery stores in town so we could stock up our full size refrigerator. After check-in, we went across the lobby to obtain our parking pass. PJ helped us out with no delay. While we were getting the parking pass, PJ promoted the timeshare presentation but it certainly wasn't high pressure. PJ was so sweet. PJ got us discounted tickets to Dixie Stampede for booking the timeshare presentation.

Our apartment was a incredible size for just the two of us. It was beautifully decorated with wall art, photos of the Smokey Mountains and quality furniture. We had a working gas fireplace, Jacuzzi in the bathroom, full kitchen, balcony, large living room and a king size bed. The unit was well stocked with pans, silverware, coffee maker, coffee, dish detergent, shampoo, conditioner, wine glasses, plates, etc... Holiday Inn doesn't give you enough shampoo, detergent, coffee for a full week but the certainly are generous to get you started. We cooked breakfast and dinner everyday after hiking. We packed a picnic lunch for hikes everyday. There are lots of restaurants nearby but we enjoyed cooking in our luxurious place.

The unit was very clean and very quiet. I travel a lot for business and so many hotels are making their hotel walls paper thin so you can hear your neighbors. Not the Holiday Inn. Everything is 1st class quality at this place. Great place to relax and unwind.

Location of Holiday Inn is perfect. It is in walking distance (few blocks) of the main town so having a few drinks is not a challenge. No drinking and driving. The resort is also a minute or two from the National Park entrance so hiking trail were a short drive away. As I mentioned earlier, the hotel gave us back road directions to avoid all traffic at any time during the day or night.

Smokey National Park is enormous and spectacular! It would take us a month to hike all the trails available. Too much to do and so little time. Got to figure out how to get rid of work so we can do more vacationing.

Gatlinburg is charming. It is kept very clean and family oriented. A very nice place to go on vacation with an entire family. No drunks, no pan handlers, no trash, no Vegas type stuff. No complaints at all. You're going to love it here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the property. There's a beautiful park with a babbling brook...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mildog
More than proud is what I am that you mildog, a senior Reviewer for Trip Advisor, would feel “special “after staying with us! I really do hope your travels will bring you back to see us very soon! I promise that Ms. PJ and all the rest of us will work very hard to exceed your expectation or to “spoil “(I love that) you time and time again. Don Ward
Riverside, California
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I liked this place as it was close to attractions, clean & the decor was great.
We had a balcony, fireplace and full kitchen.

The resort staff was friendly and they provided hiking trips in the Great Smoking National Park. Our guide, Boyd was very knowlegable and made the hike interesting & fun.

They have indoor & out pools and spas and an outfire pit as well. They aslo have a gym, game room and little gift shop. The underground was a blessing to as it hailed on our 2nd there and saved our rental car from that.

Room Tip: This a timeshare but you can rent rooms there if they are not booked. Holiday Inn is first rate.
1 Thank LizinCalifornia
HIClubSmokyMtn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hey there Lizincalifornia, I am tickled to death that ya’ll enjoyed your stay with us as much as you did. I am really glad you weathered the storms so well. Welcome to Spring time East TN style . If your travels ever bring ya’ll back to our neck of the woods I hope you will choose to stay with us again. I promise to work real hard to exceed your expectations every time you stay with us, I certainly appreciate your time reviewing your stay with us as well as your business in general . Safe travels Don Ward
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had a great time staying at the Smokey Mountain Resort in Gatlinburg,Tennessee. The place we stayed in was awesome and the staff were always so kind and helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone who is interested in coming to Gatlinburg. I look forward to going there again.