“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #19 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Tennessee
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I just wanted to share what a wonderful condo we stayed in at the Holiday Inn Club Vacation in Gatlinburg, We were very impressed with the customer service. My husband was pretty impressed when upon checking in, we were given the personal phone number of the manager with the assurance that he 'likes' getting calls in the middle of the night if there are issues. The power did go out in Gatlinburg our first night, but it was all of Gatlinburg which one could see by looking out the window. The first night we walked downtown and had dinner at the Melting Pot... It was a leisurely walk (FYI there is compl parking if you do eat at that restaurant). Also there is a pancake restaurant right across from hotel too.

We did experience banging due to renovations the first afternoon from above our room, but the front desk said if it disturbed us to let them know and they would get it taken care of - it was for that brief time only and we never heard the noises again. We loved this place and are hoping to stay here again in the future. Our one bedroom villa had a full kitchen, fireplace, balcony, separate bedroom, large bathroom with whirlpool tub, couch and foyer area. Pretty nice :)

5 Thank manyhatwomantraveler
Eric T, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and while I hate that you were bothered at all by the noise from the renovations, I'm glad we were able to show you our response to your need. Thank you for complimenting our staff. We all work extremely hard to make sure that you vacation expectations are exceeded. I hope that you will come back and visit us again real soon, and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hestiate to contact me.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We decided at the last minute to tack an extra day onto a weekend getaway and stop in Gatlinburg. We pulled in to inquire if there was availability, as it rates toward the top with Trip Advisor. The friendly front desk lady said "Sorry, no availability," so I went to the car, got out the iPad, pulled this place up on Priceline and booked a standard room for $109! I guess they block some rooms which are not part of their system, but are available on other sites.

Honestly, this is one of the nicer places I have stayed, and certainly the cleanest. Before checking out, I always look under the bed to see if anything was stuffed under there by our 19 month old. I thought I saw my wallet standing in a V under the middle! When I reached under, it was a plastic sign stating: "Yes, we clean under here too!"

The standard room is anything but standard. After we were in the room for about an hour, the girl that checked us in called and asked if everything was to our satisfaction. I thanked her for upgrading us to a suite. She said it was their standard room! Beautiful stone and logs gave this place a real cabin feel. We had a balcony with two rockers and a table, a big jacuzzi tub, two large flat screens, gas fireplace, washer/dryer, dishwasher, full kitchen, blender, coffee maker, toaster, full size fridge and all he dishes you need to cook for your family. There is a small grocery store just about 100 yards toward town, but it would save you some $ if you stocked up before leaving home. It's only a short two block walk to the middle of the main street and a really good pancake house is right across the street.

I can't say enough good things about this place... We all know that feeling when you book a cabin or room for your families vacation and you just hold your breath when you push in that key card. "Please be as nice as the pictures... Oh please, oh please..." Book this one and you will be the family hero!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Steven E
Eric T, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hello Steven E, thank you for choosing to vacation with us and for posting your review about your stay. I'm thrilled to see your comment and can't tell you how happy it makes me and the rest of the staff to see comments like this. Our goal is to exceed your expectations, and it seems that we were able to do that. I'm glad that you were able to be the "family hero". We definitely want to make sure that you look good for your family because we know "If momma ain't happy....." Thank you again for the kind review and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

ocean springs, ms
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had a great time in Gatlinburg. We booked through Holiday Inn expecting a nice room and ended up getting much more. We stayed in a newly redecorated 1 bedroom villa with a open concept kitchen living area and luxury bath. The kitchen was appointed with all the pots and pans and utensils you would need to cook for a family. There is even a dishwasher (and I don't mean Mom). The fridge has an ice maker. The only minor draw back in the kitchen is the lighting. It is under cabinet and at night it is difficult to see in the cabinet above. The next time we go we are going to take more family . Since we will be eating more meals in we will bring a crock pot so we can put something on in the morning , play all day and dinner will be ready at night. The pool area looked very nice but since it was Feb. we didn't use it. There is an indoor pool area with handicapped accessibility.

Everyone was very helpful and friendly. I liked that the resort wasn't on the main drag so you didn't have to contend with the mass of visitors all the time. GREAT RESORT!!

1 Thank bjcossilver
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here as our son was participating in the Winterfest event being held at the convention center. We stayed in the Villa and it was simply amazing! The rooms were clean, the amenities were fantastic and it really exceeded my expectations! The renovations were top notch. I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely stay here again. The Staff were all very friendly and very helpful. Each and everyone of them that we encountered made us feel very important and had a great sense of humor! I will definitely recommend this place to family and friends. :o)

4 Thank Colleen J
Eric T, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Hello there, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will come back to visit us again, hopefully soon! I love to see that your expectations were exceeded because that truly is our goal for every guest that comes through our doors. Our staff is always here to help you in any way possible. I'm glad that you were able to interact with them and see our hospitality. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assitance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Forsyth, Georgia
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I spent four days in beautiful Gatlinburg. The hotel is going through renovations, but we were not bothered by any construction sounds during our stay. Nice lobby with a fireplace and complimentary cookies/coffee and cider a couple of nights. Our room was on the 10th floor and was clean and nicely decorated. Cozy sitting room with gas fireplace, balcony with view of downtown Gatlinburg and a kitchenette. The first night, my husband asked an employee for some ice (our ice maker didn't seem to have enough for him) and the nice young guy quickly returned with a complete bag of ice at no charge. It was just a short walk to the main shopping area and several nice restaurants. We were asked to attend an "owners" update, but were not hassled in any way when we declined. We discovered my husband had forgotten his walking cane in the room 30 minutes after leaving. I called and the front desk retrieved it and had it waiting for us when we arrived. We had beautiful snow showers every day and it was just a relaxing getaway. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: 10th floor is the highest and we enjoyed the views.
2 Thank tec55
Eric T, Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hello tec55, thank you for choosing to utilize your ownership here with us in Gatlinburg. I also appreciate your very thought out response to TripAdvisor. By the sounds of it, you chose the perfect time to visit with us. The snowfall is so beautiful in this area, and I'm glad you were able to see that. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay enough that you will come back and visit us. As I'm sure you witnessed, we are going through renovations throughout our entire property. We should have everything completed by the end of February. In this renovations, we are putting in new couches, chairs, beds, bed linens, tvs, and new paint on the wall. We are excited about the changes and hope that you will come back and see the new updates to your resort. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kingsport
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The rooms were beautiful and spacious. The master bedroom had a huge bed and jacuzzi tub. Nice kitchen and living room with a log cabin feel. The resort is also in a great location. I will definitely return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MegTurner
HIClubVacations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hello and welcome home from your recent vacation stay with us. It’s so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the resort and surrounding attractions. You couldn't give us a higher compliment than a return stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Southside, Alabama
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I spent our 33rd wedding anniversary here. This is the first time we have stayed at this particular hotel. We have stayed at others in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge and have never been disappointed. However, Holiday Inn far exceeded all others with regards to friendliness from the entire staff. From the moment we checked in till the day we checked out, every staff member (including all those who were busy rennovating the rooms) greeted us with a smile, asked how we were doing, and treated us as if we were family. The room could not have been nicer or cleaner. I jokingly told them at check out I did everything I could to try and find something wrong. I had nothing to report. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rex B
Hello and happy belated anniversary. We are so pleased that you chose us to host your celebration. We couldn't be happier that you chose us and enjoyed your time in and around the resort. Our staff is constantly striving to ensure that you have the best vacation experience possible, and we’re happy to hear that our staff was able to make your stay that much better. We hope that you are looking forward to your return stay as much as we looking forward to hosting you. We hope to see you again soon.