“Unique quick stop”

Salt and Pepper Shaker Museum
Ranked #26 of 110 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The collection consists of more than 20,000 Salt and Pepper Shakers from all over the world. A labor of love of collecting for more than 30 years. See the amazing variety of animals, vegetables, people and other colorful shapes, and the creativity of all the artists that created them. Great fun for all ages!
Longwood, Florida
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Unique quick stop”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I couldn't resist a stop here with my family. I'm not a salt and pepper shaker collector or anything. This is what I will say, for us it cost like $15 for 3 kids and two adults. Next time ill just let my hubby take the kids for ice cream if I want a look. My kids were in a big hurry to get through and only mildly interested. I found it very quirky and fun. It's a small museum but it is amazing what a wide variety of shakers there are. They are very neatly categorized and grouped. We all had a chuckle over the wide variety of toilet shaped shakers. I thought it was a fun place to stop. It took us less than an hour. I would have purchased something in the shop afterwards but nothing seemed that unique and most items were priced over $20.

3 Thank SueTravelsWithKids

Zionsville, Indiana
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great break on a hot day. ”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Everyone made fun when I said I was going to the salt and pepper shaker museum. Who wouldn't?

I paid my $3 and entered. Once in this well air conditioned place made fore a nice break to the heat. I was taken back in the first room of salt and pepper shakers the next 4 ended up just overwhelming me. If you can't find one you like you are just not looking.

I left with a my own salt and pepper shaker. I would suggest you do the same.

3 Thank Rabbitdave
morganville, nj
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Spice of life!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We just loved seeing this museum on a well-deserved day off from hiking. We actually arrived when the owner was locking up, but she re-opened for us. There is a $3 fee but well worth it. It is quite the collection and definitely worth a stop. At the end of the self-guided tour, be sure to place your push pin into the map from your state and view all who have done so before you. Congrats on making a business out of your passion.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank dd921
Cleveland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Who knew?”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Best 6 bucks we spent on vacation! Free parking- quick access to this quirky place. Took three kids (9, 11, 13) and we were in and out in less than 20 minutes- but will never forget this little gem. Highly recommended- a funny stop worth taking! And holy cow, there are lots of shakers!

1 Thank Lkorto
Trussville, Alabama
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“An interesting visit”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This little place has over 20,000 salt and pepper shakers which were collected by the mother of the fellow who runs the place. We saw the museum near our rental so stopped in to check it out. The massive collection is amazing, everything from animals to tv characters to the Beatles! You can walk through in 10-15 minutes or stay longer and study the collection in detail. As you exit there is a nice variety of S&P shakers for sale, and your museum ticket cost ($3 per person) can be applied toward the purchase.