“Looking for trout in all the wrong places.”

Smoky Mountain Trout House
Ranked #33 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Smoky Mountain Trout House prides itself on offering absolutely the freshest trout in Gatlinburg. Our trout are ice packed directly to the restaurant. Once it has arrived we take great care in our preparing your selection exactly as you like. All of the trout served in this restaurant are Rainbow Trout, grown in the sparkling clear waters of the Smokies. The purity and flavor of mountain trout offered great pleasure to the original settlers of the Smokies. So... have a seat, rest a spell and you, too, can enjoy a special treat... real Smoky Mountain trout! Thank you for visiting us and remember to treat yourself to trout... It's as good as all outdoors!
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I don't know how we missed this place over the years, except that we hadn't stayed at that end of Gatlinburg before. We were celebrating our 42nd anniversary (honeymoon spent in the Smokies). I had a craving for really good, fresh mountain trout, and I wasn't disappointed. They serve it at least ten different ways, and mine was the traditional crispy pan fried with cornmeal flour coating. It doesn't get any fresher. We will definitely be going back there when in Gatlinburg. Hushpuppies were great as an appetizer, and key lime pie for dessert was scrumptious. Their prices are very good as compared with other places that don't serve trout nearly as good, and the owner is in the restaurant making sure everything is to your satisfaction. The décor is very pleasant, but it is not a fancy place if you are looking for that. It is the kind of place that gives you the local flavor in several ways. It provided the old Gatlinburg feel that is so traditional in comparison with many of the glitzy, new establishments. To me they make you feel like you aren't any place different than what's at home, but the trout house brought back the Gatlinburg I had grown up with and come to love.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

By far one of the best seafood experience's I ever had. The trout is fresh. The service is warming. Simply everything out the kitchen is superb!!!!! Homemade hush puppies, Trout fritters, and OMG the trout is mouthwatering. Even the side dishes to die for. Never ever close this place its a culinary landmark. Thanks for existing and I will be back. I wish I lived next door. LOL!!!!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I loved the food... They specialize in trout which are served whole.... butterflied open and cooked in a variety of ways, from grilled to almondine to blackened to fried. The salad was unusually delicious as well. I do not recommend the baked potato, as mine was not tasty. The staff was very nice & switched it to the broccoli casserole- AMAZING!
The food was great.... Just one downside.... the carpets were sticky.... Offputtingly so... They definitely need to be cleaned. Everything else seemed very clean, from the table surface to the glassware, to the bathroom (up a very narrow flight of stairs)

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We had the trout and the shrimp as well as the trout fritters. The food was excellent! We followed withy homemade lemon icebox pie. The portions were very nice sized. The service was excellent. Our only hesitation was the price. A bit steeper than some but nothing out of line. The food was certainly excellent. We would definitely recommend this place. Owner and workers are fantastic! Will come here again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Decadent trout and mouth watering hush puppies! The cost is somewhat high but totally worth it. A must eat at place in Gatlinburg.