“Expensive and lacking in Atmosphere”

Smoky Mountain Trout House
Ranked #22 of 195 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Smoky Mountain Trout House prides itself on offering absolutely the freshest trout in Gatlinburg. Our trout are ice packed directly to the restaurant. Once it has arrived we take great care in our preparing your selection exactly as you like. All of the trout served in this restaurant are Rainbow Trout, grown in the sparkling clear waters of the Smokies. The purity and flavor of mountain trout offered great pleasure to the original settlers of the Smokies. So... have a seat, rest a spell and you, too, can enjoy a special treat... real Smoky Mountain trout! Thank you for visiting us and remember to treat yourself to trout... It's as good as all outdoors!
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Expensive and lacking in Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We ate here on New Years Eve, the host, owner, manager not really sure what he was but he was wearing sweatpants! The waitresses were old and slow and didn't really seem to be aware of anything going on around them. Beware ordering the trout it is deheaded and deboned right there at your table by the wait staff. The won't serve your beef rare or barely medium rare, had the prime rib and had no flavor to it. Menu is very over priced. The restaurant is tiny and old. Nice fireplace in the middle but that's about it.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank 295RachelC

Tampa, Florida
“trout made different ways”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

opens 5p w/free parking across the street. Smoke flavored trout, dilly trout, parmesan trout etc. Hush puppies made w/cornmeal, cheesy broccoli side.

Visited December 2012
east coast
“good trout”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Since I love trout, whenever I get down to the area I try to go to places with trout. The trout here was really good -- my only complaint...the fish had many bones in it. I spent more time picking bones out of it or out of my mouth after putting fish in. I got to the point where I was hesitant to eat much more because of all the bones. Must have had at least 20 in the part I ate alone. My nephew got trout also (kids) and he didn't have as many bones. My sister got prime rib and said that was not very good.

• Visited December 2012
Mt. Vernon, AL
“Wonderful Fish House”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We always order an appetizer of fritters, before our meal of whole fried trout. Everything has been great. For health they also serve baked.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Trout is excellent - great service, old Gatlinburg atmosphere”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We've eaten here many times over many years, and keep returning. The building is old Gatlinburg so appreciate what it is. The trout is excellent - breaded and fried, grilled, broiled - however you want it, and there are other choices if you don't want trout. Be sure and try the trout fritters as an appetizer; they are great. If you can, get Mary as your server. Yes, she may be older than you but she understands service. Get to know her and you won't regret it. There is free parking across the street now. If you want new and glitzy, this isn't for you. If you want good trout, this is the place.

• Visited December 2012