“Will stay again!”

Ranked #67 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Virginia
“Will stay again!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had read all the reviews and decided to take them with a grain of salt, some people are never satisfied. We liked the rates, room location, staff was very helpful at all times of the day or night. As for someones review about the "old fashioned" television give me a break!! The only comlaint we had was the cleaning people did nothing except empty the trash and put fresh towels. The never made the beds at all. I didn't say anything until we were checking out so the motel had no idea until then. Also I was accidently charged too much and when I brought this to their attention I was given a refund with no problems at all. I plan to stay again in July and December to see the parades. So yes I would most defiantly stay again.

Room Tip: I liked the third floor to view the parade from.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a wonderful stay! I generally always have a good experience when lodging because I TIP the housekeepers. They usually will go above and beyond to make your stay better if you show your appreciation for them. housekeepers don't make a lot of money and work extra hard to clean up our mess!

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed here for two weeks in 2011 for an extended Independence Day vacation. Was a little weary about staying here at first after viewing the website. Was pleasantly surprised during the stay. The rooms were very clean and was very nice to have a fridge after long days spent hiking in the mountains. Excellent location, didn't take long to get to hiking spots. Couldn't beat the price either. Only problem we had was with the Wifi.

Room Tip: We stayed on ground floor in the main building, had easy access to car and walking.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jefferson, Georgia
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I would like to express my disappointed in this hotel (through email since no one has returned my call) this past weekend. December 7 - 9 2012. Our room number was 121. We had reservations for Friday through Sunday but we ended up checking out on Saturday. We visit Gatlinburg several times a year. Along with many friends and family. Usually in December for the Christmas parade, around Valentines Day, sometime in early spring and again in fall when the fall colors begin to change. We have enjoyed the Christmas parade for more than six years. We decided to try the Howard Johnson because of the location. Our room was clean and bed was comfortable, however, my daughter ended up getting very sick with a stomach virus on Friday December 7. It was a very long night for us and my husband ended up trying to find a 24 hour pharmacy to get our daughter some medicine at 3am. Before 9 o'clock on Saturday morning my husband went down to the front office to request more trash bags, wash cloths and a set of sheets. He explained to the women at the front desk that our daughter had been up all night sick and was told the cleaning lady would be making her rounds. ?? My husband seen the clean lady on his way back to the room and was able to get 2 wash cloths. My husband also explained to her that we had a sick child and needed the other items. He even told her we would be glad to change the sheets and empty the trash our-self, we just needed the items. She said "OK, your in room 121, OK I got it". So we thought someone would be coming to our room at the most 30 minutes?! NOPE! At 1 O'clock we decided we were not getting any trash bags or sheets or ANY service at all. THIS IS OVER 4 HOURS LATER! We decided to check out and go home (which is 3 hours away) went to the front office to check out and the same lady ask why we were checking out and my husband told her that no one ever came to our room to help us with the items we needed. The lady told him that the cleaning people were making rounds to get the rooms ready for people checking in. My husband told her he understood that BUT we had a sick child and needed those items. Her response was....I'm sorry I hope she feels better!

Customer service and service in general stinks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kimberly K. B

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

KINGSPORT
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Due to a cancelation, we got upgraded to a king size with fireplace for the same price! However, the Wi-fi would not reach our room which is supposed to be an included feature. Other than the internet issue, the staff was great and room was very nice!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple