“Nice Location and Good Prices”

PARKVIEW INN & SUITES
Ranked #67 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
North Carolina
“Nice Location and Good Prices”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

If you want a clean room, good rates and a nice location then the Howard Johnson may be what you are looking for. The breakfast is not great but it's free waffles and that's about it. The cleaning service came and took out trash but no clean towels were left. All the employees that we came across were nice.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the building next to the office/check in. If you don't get that building th...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My family stayed here oct 14 and 15, 2011. A fireplace room at the top of the hill that there web site didn't mention. There were bugs in our room probably because of the two inch gap under our door. The room was just worn out. You would not want to walk barefooted in this room. It was a dump another Regan hotel dump. I doubt Brownlee Reagan reads these reviews or if he does it doesn't matter he has my money.

Room Tip: don't stay in a Regan owned hotel in Gatlinberg TN
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

STANFORD, KY
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed here Oct 14~16, 2011. The location is wonderful, within walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. The hotel is nothing fancy, but clean and reasonably priced. However....
....The WiFi did not pick up in our room -ever. And the free wifi service is one of the reasons we picked this hotel. Also, our room was never cleaned during our stay. We had no fresh towels and when I called the front desk to politely inform them of this, I was curtly told that I could pick up the towels at the front desk, without so much as an apology. I really don't think it is too much to expect clean towels, but to be treated with disrespect is unacceptable. I guess once they get our money, nothing else matters.
Oh, I almost forgot... thank goodness for the free continental breakfast ~ the powdered donuts were stale and hard as a rock. Yum.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IAMRADTECH2
Michigan
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This is your average Gatlinburg motel. Alot of dumps there if u stay in a motel. But the price wasn't bad. We stayed in the upper part and I think out of 64 room up there, 4 were filled. It was great, had the pool to ourselves to have our morning coffee and evening supper and drink. Seen a bear the last day while sitting by the pool. Come down the lower part and started knocking over garbage cans. Sat there and ate a good 15 min. They do not empty there garbage the whole week I was there it was overly full. Must like feeding the bears. How sad!!! The first night we got there I went in the bathroom and shut the door and there was a lizzard. I smashed it with the garbage can and called the front desk. Albert just laughed about it. Not offering to come and get it or any apologies. The air conditioner made our room wet. Complained about it the next morn and said someone would come up and fix it. Latter that day when we came back, no one had fixed it or cleaned our room. When I called they said house keeping had left for the day and I could come and get some towels and toilet paper, Not offering to bring it to me. So I told them the next day I wanted a new room and they asked why? I told them if I'm not getting my room cleaned or air fixed I"d just get a different room. Yeah, thats fine they said. Next morn I got a new room and the toilet didn't work. Someone did come and fix it. Hippy sort of man come and looked at it and said he'd send someone up. The hippy man also cleaned the pool, he turned out to be a good guy. The lady who took care of the breakfast area was also very nice. She would make the waffles for you. The choices for breakfast were average, but they had waffles, the main thing my kid wanted. And it filled you up. Scummy rooms though. But we did enjoy the pool area. Pool area is a dump with broken unbrellas and planters from last years flowers, I think. But it was very quiet, because no one was there. It was very convient to downtown. You could have a drink and not have to worry about driving. If your not going to stay in your room, its ok, Its a dump like alot of motels there. Your going to pay if u want to stay in a better motel. But we just looked at it as an adventure!! And the dump of a motel that it was, the bear made up for it. Maybe thats why they don't empty their garbage cans. The beds were ok, we slept so good because we were doing so much during the day. So we really didn't care.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Troy, Ohio
Reviewed August 17, 2011

this was the worst hotel we have ever stay at.the door stuck every time we tried to go in.the phone didn"t work .house keeping didn"t give us clean towels and tp.we had to go down ask for it.pool was never cleaned.if u do go to gatlinburg or pigeon forge,tn.just get your hotel when you get there,that way you know what your getting.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This is a nice, clean, well managed hotel. The room prices are some of the best in Gatlinburg and the location is perfect for us. This is where we always stay if rooms are available. Nothing fancy here and a bit of a climb if you're in the upper section but hey, you came to the Mountains so you knew climbing would eventually be involved. I would imagine that a remodeling job is in the works in the near future as this old girls got a little age on her but she suits us just fine.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fairview, Tennessee
Reviewed December 30, 2010

This is barely a 2 star hotel. The hotel seems to be stuck in the 80's. There has not been a lot of renovations done in the last 20-25 years from what I can tell. The old heater in our room was either too hot or too cold with no in between setting. The carpet was a really nasty red that looked like it was 20 years old. The bathroom/shower was old and cramped. The restaurant has been turned into a dingy gym. The beds were small for queen sized beds and were uncomfortable with quilts that were paper thin. It is located on the edge of the Gatlinburg strip so be prepared to do a little walking. This place is in desperate need of a remodel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family