“New Management is shows Recommended”

Terrace Inn on the Water
Terrace Inn on the Water
Ranked #74 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
USA
“New Management is shows Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2009

Gone are the days of the previous owners with their over zealous rule book. Gone are the days you are spied on at every turn and accused of doing anything and everything to break one of these rules. The NEW OWNERS have cleaned this place up and it shows. They are friendly and kind and courteous. You will notice that most negative contributions only have one post like previously when the Two "guys" owned it they had so many one review 5 star ratings you couldn't believe a one of them. Now reference is made to the heritage of the new owners in a negative racial way. This hotel is much as it was before what can be called Gatlinburg average which is a 2-3 star hotel that was clean but like most could use some updating. With the new owners and their positive attitude this hotel is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ! Good Value, with friendly staff !

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Agent5544

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2009

We use to frequent the Terrace for a nice porch on the rushing creek. This is our first stay under the new management. My guess is they have not been in America long. Cob-webs around the ceiling, ants in the bathroom, no hot water, floors poorly vacuumed. I don't really expect comfortable beds in a motel, but this one squeeked and creeked loudly at every move. Hard to get to sleep. My wife and I are very tolerant and willing to overlook alot, but they haven't figured out the things that frequent travellers require. They won't be in business long.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank smokymountainbound

Travelers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Charleston, WV
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2009

I stayed at this place in Sept. 2008 and it was absolutely the worst trip of my life, hands down. The beds were so uncomfortable, no night staff available, people in the parking lot all hours of the night/morning, just awful. The owners at the time, accused me and my mother of having teenagers in our room and sneaking in unregistered guests. They kept calling our room when we were trying to nap and said they were going to come up and do a check to make sure we only had registered guests in our room. I was pissed. It doesn't surprise me to read that they left a lot of problems as well as caused some when they relinquished ownership. That was almost a year ago and I am still mad about it. Hopefully, the new owners will reclaim the cabins and make it a better place.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank C230Kcoupe
kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2009

Richard and Ed.... if you are reading this. Your presence is sorely missed at the Terrace on the Water. We have stayed at the Terrace for years. It has always been a very clean, quaint wonderful place to stay under the ownership of the Helms and then Richard and Ed. We made reservations knowing that it was under new ownership but what we found when we got there was shocking. The pool was drained and filthy. The "newly remodeled" room had an overpowering smell of bus station disenfectant. We were told that they were fixing things up little by little. We asked for our money back and went elsewhere. It is sad to know that this motel will never be what is once was. I highly recommend to people to go elsewhere. It has very cheap rates but not worth staying there. Imagine, no pool in June and they didnt even tell us when we called. I just want to thank the previous owners for all of the hard work they put in to keeping the Terrace a great place to stay. Those days are gone forever.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank loni8888
SamsoniteDallas_Tx, Manager at Terrace Inn on the Water, responded to this review, July 23, 2009
I am very sorry that our pool was not ready at the time of your stay. After the previous owner had abandoned this hotel, he took everything from the rooms including the air conditioning, tvs, fridges, microwaves, he even took the a huge ice machine that was outside. After taking everything important he left and after months of bank neglect things get broken and it is hard to fix them right away. Yes after months of renovation we have done the best we can right now and we will continue to add to our rooms and our property. So I am sorry it took a little longer to get our pool done, I really am sorry. As far as the rooms are concerned I am sorry you didn't enjoy them like so many other people have. And personally I would rather a guestroom smell like a disinfectant than urine or something else foul. But again I am sorry.