“Great stuff, not so good on my wallet!”

Great Smoky Arts and Crafts Community
Ranked #3 of 133 Shopping in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Owner description: A community of artists and artisans selling their wares where you can find everything from basket weaving, to painting and metal smithing.
Haubstadt IN
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great stuff, not so good on my wallet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I love shopping in the Arts & Crafts loop. We usually start at the end closer to Gatlinburg and never make it all the way around. We decided to start at the other end, farther up Hwy 321, this time. We stopped at several shops we hadn't been to before. Some of our favorites were located in the Covered Bridge Complex - Misty Mountain Soap Co (very helpful staff, made recommendations & gave us lots of samples with our purchases), Jack Hess Glassblower (awesome, super friendly guy, great with kids, demonstrating his craft), Uncommon Grounds (coffee shop/cafe with friendly staff) & Smoky Mountain Pottery (great pottery & friendly staff). We also love Tim Weberding Woodworking & Apple Annie's Antiques. The interaction with the craftsmen & shop employees makes shopping in the loop so much fun! The only downside is that I find so many things I love that I end up spending a small fortune here!

Memphis, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“This is Gatlinburg for shopping!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Handmade arts and crafts which includes things for your home,yard, wardrobe,or stomach !! There is pottery, soaps & candles, fudge, The CABIN CAFE....which is EXCELLENT!!..jewelry, home decorations. Plum Tree tearoom..so quaint...I love my time in the Arts & Crafts Community!!

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Must Visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

So many shops and so little time. You can find almost anything is the Arts & Crafts area. I have bought many stain glass pieces, artwork, candles, food items, soap and pottery pieces. I even bought fabric pieces for my beautiful quilt.
Stop at Tim Weberding's woodworking shop. The pieces are outstanding, well crafted and reasonable. I bought our grandson a beautiful old fashioned rocking horse at Tim's. We figure that it will be around for his grandchildren. The glassblower is by the covered bridge. There are a lot of neat shops at the covered bridge.
Just so many arts and crafts in this area, you just have to visit.
Make sure to pick up the map so you will not miss out.

2 Thank Heather K
Fort Worth, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Troll Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Has moved from the Arts and Craft community to out on the Parkway. We are intrigued by the Trolls and the owner and crafter is very nice~

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Walshie_13
Lenexa, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The pottery shops are the best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We visited several local potteries and bought several lovely pieces. We went in to one shop and had our own personal Bluegrass concert. The perfect way to spend an afternoon in the Smoky Mountains.