“If you must visit Gatlinburg, stay here!”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Pros: Beautiful hotel with very attractive rooms and public areas. Nice fitness center and pool. Location is one block from “the strip” and across the street from the river. This makes for a more quiet location. Free WiFi in the room.

Cons: Although there’s a restaurant and bar, they apparently aren’t patronized by many. If you came to Gatlinburg to enjoy the peace and serenity of the beautiful mountains, you won’t find it here. Although the hotel isn’t located on “The Parkway”, the main drag that genuinely rivals Times Square in crowds and amusements, River Road isn’t exactly a country lane. Unless you get a deal, the rates are pricey. This is one of those hotels you may come across that thinks it's a good idea to put the towels on racks IN the shower.

1  Thank Dennis1973
cchgi, night auditor at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2010

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased that you enjoyed our facilities. As far as Gatlinburg, we do have our busy times and when we do, it is often a surprise for those who come for a quiet getaway; I believe our location is one of our best features as we are just a bit off the main "strip" but close enough to walk to if you desire more activity.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown

Reviewed August 22, 2010

My wife and I went a short trip to G-Burg. This by far is the best hotel in Gatlinburg. Very clean, nice staff, good amenities, and a great room. There was a slight mix up with the rate quoted and the rate charge, but it was fixed WITHOUT question. We would stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
cchgi, Night Auditor at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2010

As one of the members of the staff here at HGI, I want to thank you for such a nice review. We really do work hard to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay and truly enjoy receiving such positive feedback for our efforts. As you appear to live nearby we hope to see you again soon and thanks again!

Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband and I took a weekend getaway to Gatlinburg. I selected the Hilton Garden Inn after reading about it on Trip Finder. We were so happy with our accommodations! Our bed was so comfortable. Our room was modern and clean and very quiet. We never heard anything while in our room. The service was far above any we’ve ever experienced. The staff was all happy and treated us so nicely. I believe that reflects directly on a great manager. The food in the restaurant was better than any of the food we bought in Gatlinburg all weekend. The waitress was great and even the chief was happy. We had the King Bed Spa Room with Breakfast. Best deal ever! We highly recommend this location.

1  Thank jospivey
cchgi, Night Auditor at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2010

I just wanted to pop in and thank you for such a complimentary review! I will share this with our staff. I do hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2010

When we first arrived at this hotel we were pleased by the over-friendly staff & upscale look of the hotel. Our 1st of 2 night was satisfactory except for the uncomfortable bed. Our 2nd night we had people staying in the room next to us & we found out that the wall in the hotel are paper thin. I could hear their conversations word for word. The worst part about it was at 1am in the morning (when my wife & I were both sleeping) we were woke up by the neighbors being loud.

I think that for a Hilton hotel this location falls short of my expectations. It looked nice, but was not much different than a holiday inn express. I wish that they had of spent a little more money putting some insulation in between the walls. Not everyone want to hear what goes on in the room next door.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Hi Jeremy! I wanted to thank you for your feedback and I will pass this review on to our engineering department!

Reviewed August 8, 2010

We've visited the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area several times over the past 15 years and stayed in different hotels in the area, including all of the ones operated by the Hilton chain. Without a doubt, this is now our favorite. We had an awesome, relaxing experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We loved the location most of all.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank westernkyguy

Wow! That is great! We are so pleased to be your new favorite!

Reviewed August 7, 2010

My husband and I visit Gatlinburg frequently in the fall-for the beautiful mountains and to attend a local health care conference. We made our reservations in July 09 for October travel.
We had specifically asked for a balcony facing the mountains/creek and an upper floor. I had the name of the person I booked with and a reservation number.(I had called the hotel directly to book our room) When we arrived we were told they had no rooms with a balcony. When I gave them my information, as to who I booked the room with 3 months in advance--the only answer they had was--"that person no longer works here" Unfortunately this mix up and callus response by your front staff tainted our visit (and yes I did ask to speak to a manager-she gave us a song and dance and a free breakfast as "compensation" which we never used ) Would like to return this year but still have a negative feel about this hotel--sorry but if I book a room 3 months in advance and that room is" reserved" at that time--how can some one else give it away? We were staying for 5 days and this is our only trip of the year-so somewhat disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank nrdunn96

I want to apologize for your unhappy experience. Without knowing your name/dates, etc-- I do not know the specifics but want to assure you that it is our top priority to satisfy each and every one of our guests and it is always a disappointment when we have not done so. As a member of the front desk team I can personally attest that unfriendly or "callous" behavior is not tolerated by our management team and is swiftly dealt with in an appropriate manner. Again, my apologies and I thank you for your review as we can only improve with honest feedback!

Reviewed August 3, 2010

We had an excellent stay. This trip was a last minute decision and we did not arrive until after 1:00 in the morning. The staff was great, even that late at night, and got us checked in quickly. We loved the room, but we do have the agree that the beds were hard. Everything was new and upscale. I loved how close it was to the main strip of Gatlinburg. We would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
cchgi, Night Auditor at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2010

We are often complimented on our great location but never tire of hearing about it! Did you know about the dial on either side of the mattress? This allows you to adjust the bed and reduce the firmness of the mattress, if it is your preference. I apologize if this was not explained to you. Thank you!