“This is where you want to stay!”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 13, 2010

Absolutely loved our stay at this hotel- The place is beautiful and the staff are so nice and helpful! Be sure & try the food in their bar/restaurant- I had the quesadilla and my hubby had a hamburger, it was the best food we ate during our whole 4 day trip! This stay was for our 15th anniversary and the in-room fireplace and whirlpool were very romantic! :)
I guess the only drawback I can find is that after our stay, it now looks like we're going to have to buy a new bed- the one at the hotel was so much better than ours at home!
Stay here- you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank appalachianportraits
cchgi, Night Auditor at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2010

I just wanted to thank you for the great review and I must agree with you about our restaurant. I believe we have some of the best chefs in Gatlinburg and, of course, you can’t beat the convenience of having a restaurant on property. Thank you once more and I hope that you decide to visit us again when celebrating your 16th anniversary if not sooner!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown

Reviewed February 8, 2010

The only minor complaint I do have is about the bed. We had it set on the softest setting, but it was still hard to me.
The room was clean and smelled good.
I really loved how the hotel has a bar on site. This is the 1st time me and my husband have been away from my kids, and it was nice to sit down to a few cocktails. The bartender who was from Russia was excellent. He surprised me with a few drinks they enjoy in his home country.
The parking lot issue needs to be addressed. Several spots are marked for compact cars, but huge SUV'S were crammed into them. They need to have someone periodically check this, and have those people move to a larger parking spot.
The hotel is a very short walk through a parking deck to the Parkway. You are very close to the center of all of the Parkway attractions.
They have a pantry where you can get personal items or small food items if you'd like. They have a large hot tub and indoor heated pool. There is a business center with 2 computers in it as well. I took my lap top with me, and they have a very good wifi connection there. I have stayed at places where I only had 2 bars, but there I had all 4.
I would stay there again, and tell my friends about staying there as well. It was a pleasure staying there.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pris1972
cchgi, Night Auditor at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2010

Thank you for your kind words and we are pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your week-end get-away at our hotel! We strive to provide the highest level of customer service and overall guest satisfaction and appreciate any feedback/suggestions that you may offer.
We hope to see you again in the near future and again thank you!

Reviewed January 24, 2010

The HGI in Gatlinburg is brand new and a very beautiful hotel. The rooms were very nice and clean, and we loved the courtyard area where there is a fire pit and hot tub. The one thing we didn't like was the bed - it was VERY uncomfortable. We didn't realize that it had an adjustable dial on it until after we got home today and read some of the reviews. The hotel needs to do a better job of letting their guests know that there is an adjustable dial on the bed. We both had a pretty miserable night, but knowing that we can adjust the bed now, we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank louhenry
Reviewed January 13, 2010

We ALWAYS stay at Hiltons and this was the worst one yet. Check in wasn't available until around 5PM (supposed to be 4PM) and the hotel didn't appear to be close to full. Also, the breakfast service was ridiculous, with ONE waitress/server. We were there ar HH VIP guests and it felt like we just dropped in unexpectedly.

We won't be back!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank dalettre
Reviewed January 3, 2010

This motel is nice but the housekeeping is bad. The dust on the tv stand to the beds being made and when we came back pillows were left in floor. You pay enough so they will at most clean if it is a busy time then hire more people for that time.

1  Thank UsaTessy
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. While the hotel is not on the main drag in Gatlinburg the walk to the street through the parking garage only took a few minutes, however the garage is not well lit and I would not feel comfortable walking there alone. The lobby area is welcoming with couches and a fireplace with a flat screen tv. When you walk in the front entrance the restaurant and bar are to your right and the pool area is on the left. The front desk staff was polite and helpful. We had a nice corner room on the fifth floor with a fire place. The fire place put out lots of heat, the room was warm and we ran the air and the fire place at the same time. The bed was hard to describe. It was set at its softest setting but was still somewhat hard. However it was not uncomfortable just different, it was similar to a memory foam bed. The sheets were really soft and the pillows were nice and fluffy. The room was decorated with warm colors. The room had a HD TV, we took our laptop and connected the computer to the TV with our HDMI cable so watch movies. The hotel does offer free wifi. The bathroom was good size, plenty of counter top space. The towels were large and soft, however one day the clean towels were still damp when we went to use them, I called to advise the front desk and they told me yes they knew they were wet, but they were clean....I asked for dry towels. The first night we took advantage of the bar. The bartender Bo was great. The food was okay. We used the hot tub which is outside with a fire pit close by, so this was one of our favorite parts of the hotel. We did not use the pool, but it did look clean. Other than the housekeeping issues the hotel staff at this hotel was excellent, the room was nice and the public areas above normal. We will be going back.

2  Thank travelersfromIndy
Reviewed December 25, 2009

This was a great choice in Gatlinburg. It's one block off of the main road, but just cut through the parking deck to all of the attractions.

The hotel is obviously pretty new: it's really clean, the rooms were very comfortable (as are most Garden Inns) with added gas fireplace - a really nice touch! The view from our room was nothing to brag about (we could see another hotel - from the 3rd floor), but the real view is when you head to the Smokey Mountains.

Free Internet worked great. Staff was really friendly & helpful. We had no problems with the room at all - water pressure was just fine, lots of hot water, comfy bed... The only Garden Inn negative is no free breakfast - however, in Gatlinburg, you should go out for pancakes anyway.

The hotel is very 'green' - there are designated parking spaces for hybrids, there are recycling cans in the hotel and in the room - a nice touch!

This will probably be our hotel choice in Gatlinburg from now on.

1  Thank professorroyhinkley