“smart new hotel with easy access to Great Smokies” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
mims florida
“smart new hotel with easy access to Great Smokies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2009

We like Hilton Garden Inns. This is new one, and most things worked (they do have some electricity/phone issues in rooms). Room had fine view of Smokies, and we enjoyed the outdoor fire by the hot tub at night, and the tub itself! Friendly staff, good cooked breakfasts, and free parking by edge of town.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank gwgMimsFlorida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

New and beautiful hotel close to evrything and yet quiet. nice views of the river. we had a problem with the thermostat in our room and it was fixed very promptly.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
McDonough, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

We just returned from Gatlinburg and our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. I was glad to see a new hotel since most places to stay are old. I am very picky about where I stay and was pleasantly pleased with the Hilton. He stayed in room with a balcony and could hear the river- would definitely recommend it. There were 4 of us and we were comfortable in a room with 2 queen beds. Had a couch and chair with a tv and desk when you walk in. I have read the comments about dirty carpet but I never saw that. Everything looked very clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Did not eat breakfast downstairs but my parents had coffee every morning and they said it was good. It is very convenient to walk into town although it is uphill. It is located at the end of the strip so it was very quiet. There is not alot to do in Gatlinburg other than shop so if you have kids you may want to stay in Pigeon Forge. There are the cheesy tourist traps here but more to do in Pigeon Forge. We walked both nights to dinner at the Park Grill and the Peddler(which is owned by the same people and therefore has almost the same menu). The Park Grill looks newer but the Peddler is on the river. Both are good but a little expensive. All in all, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2009

First let me start off by saying that I'm a Hilton Honors Gold Member. I thought for sure they would give me a half way decent room, but boy was I wrong. I had a great view of the hotel next door. The front desk people were nice when I checked in, however, when I checked out it was an entirely different experience. Not only was girl rude, she was downright nasty when I told her about all of the smokers crowding at the back door. I don't smoke so I found this a bit offensive to have to walk out the back door to my car and be smothered with smoke. I realize this is a new property and probably has staff that are new to the hotel industry, but I won't stay here again.
When I went downstairs for breakfast, I asked for eggs. Every other HGI that I have stayed at has served eggs. I was told that they would not be serving eggs that morning because they didn't have any eggs to cook with. Excuse me, this is a Sunday morning in July and the hotel is sold out and you don't have eggs. Go figure.
The room itself was ok. It's always nice to have a fridge and microwave. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was okay and the carpet was dirty. I'm not sure how a new property can already have dirty carpet, but it did. Not just in the room, but even in the halls.
Parking is limited so arrive early. Lots of places within walking distance to eat at. Don't bother with their restaurant or room service.
The next time I come to Gatlinburg, in particular Great Smoky Mountains NP, I'll stay in Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank smokymtndeb
South
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

Being very picky about hotel rooms, I was pleased to find that there was now a Hilton in Gatlinburg. We weren't disappointed, and really enjoyed our stay there. As a HiltonHonors member, we asked and were upgraded to a suite for a room price - of course, I'm sure the fact that we were there during the middle of the week during a slow season helped - have never seen as few people in Gatlinburg and it was great for us - no lines.
Anyway, the bed and room were comfy - no problem at all with mattress as some had reported, I didn't notice what they were talking about. We didn't have a great view, but I didn't question it because of getting the suite - the hotel only has a few balconies, so if that's really important to you you should specify. Probably not the best place if you want to sit on a balcony over a river.
It was a short easy walk to the main drag, though uphill. I did ride the trolley back once, of course they're not always available just when you want it.
We did have the breakfast buffet for $9.95 one morning and it was excellent - made to order waffles, omelets, etc., eating in a peaceful setting.
I used the computers in the business center - very convenient.
Didn't use the indoor pool or exercise room, but looked very nice.
Very nice outdoor hot tub and sitting area.
Great to have free parking.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2009

What a wonderful hotel! We stayed for only 2 ;nights but look forward to staying again. We thought the room was very comfortable. The bed was awesome, the best nights sleep in a long time. Appreciated the free internet and the convenience of microwave, fridge and coffee pot. Drinks by the firepit on a cool night was just what we needed after a long day of travel. Hotel staff was very accommodating, warm and friendly. Breakfast was outstanding. The omelet was great. The hamburgers that we had for dinner were outstanding. Very clean hotel. Great for adults who want some leisure time. We come to Gatlinburg for the park and to do a little shopping. Will most certainly stay here again and again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Milford oh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2009

I thought the Hotel was very nice, loved the room. The location was a bit off the track but with a walk through the Smokey Bear parking garage and up a level your on the parkway. We liked the fireplace nice touch.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple