“CLEAN AND CLOSE”

Ranked #4 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
“CLEAN AND CLOSE”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Felt clean in all areas. Hotel is positioned close to restaurants and the Park. Found it difficult to find a walking path over to the main street. Should be an easy fix. Parking is kind of tight if you come in late.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hello scanman_11, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the opportunity to review your stay. I'm glad to see that you had a good stay with us and that you found us to be clean and close to everything. The path that you were mentioning to the parkway, unfortunately, is out of my hands. The gravel path that leads to the parkway is an area that is part of the city of Gatlinburg. If stairs are not a problem, then I would reccommend taking the path through the city parking garage, up one level, then you can exit from there. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Richmond, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a good hotel. It could be great if the bathroom exhaust fans worked and the Internet connection was faster than dial-up. Parking is better than most. I've actually stayed here several times since it opened and have watched it go from new-perfect to average. It's still better than most in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Donald A, thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent trip to Gatlinburg. While I'm glad to see that you have stayed with us in the past and that you still find us "better than most", our goal here is to be better than all. We want to provide you with the best vacation experience possible and I'm very sorry that we were unable to live up to the expectations that you have had for us in the past. I assure you that we will continue to work hard during your future stays with us to not only meet, but exceed your expectations. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Over all I was happy with our stay. The place was very clean. Nice in door pool. Fire place sitting area outside, jacuzzi. Staff was very pleasant to deal with. The location was great you could walk to any place in downtown Gatlinburg. The only negative thing was no vent in the bathroom. The mirrors all steamed up

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lenny H
Hello Lenny H, thank you for taking the opportunity to review your stay. It sounds like you had a great stay with us, which is definitely what we want to hear! I would like to address the one negative that you had concerning the ventalation in the bathroom. As part of our LEED certification we do not have vents in every bathroom. The vent is located in a part of the hotel that ventilates all bathrooms, which of course is not going to be as powerful as if there was individual vents in the bathrooms. I'm sorry that you experienced any negatives, but please never hesitate to bring your questions or concerns to us at any point during your stay. We will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 7, 2014

New hotel in Gatlinburg. Considering that real estate here is a premium they have utilized the space well. The location is a good one. One street off of the noisy strip and across the street from dining at The Peddler Steakhouse and down the street from the Aquarium. Walk out the back a few yards and your on the strip. I love the look and feel of the common areas - the interior designer keeping in the mind the colors of the outdoor mountain surroundings this hotel blends in harmony. They even serve fruited waters in the lobby. The front desk clerk was very friendly and actually seemed to enjoy his job which is becoming a rare commodity in the service industry. I highly recommend a stay here. This hotel also sits behind The Melting Pot and it has its own parking, fire pit, indoor pool, hot tub.

Room Tip: Ask for river view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ms.LoveTravel
Hello Ms.LoveTravel, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the opportunity to reivew your stay. I'm so thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed what our hotel has to offer. With being the newest hotel in Gatlinburg, I feel that we have more to offer than some of the other lodging options. I'm glad that you were able to see that as well. I hope that you will continue to visit with us every time you are back in the area and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide please let me know.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This hotel has to be the friendliest ever!! Desk clerks always helpful. Especially want to commend Amy and Matt in the restaurant. They are the BEST!!!!!!!! Always remembers us when we stay. Very dedicated folks to making everyone feel at home...

Room Tip: Some of the Rooms on the front have balconies facing the creek across the road. All rooms are GREAT...
Green Features: Love that they recycle on all receptacles, offer towel re-use, energy efficient bulbs..
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Hello Judie123, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm so glad to see that you had a great stay with us. I'm also glad to see that you noticed the dedication that our staff has to making sure that your vacation experience is the best in can possibly be. We want you to feel like you are at home and that you are comfortable with us so that we can provide you with that experience that you are looking for. Thank you again and if there is any further assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Tampa
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Gatlinburg for 4 nights, June 21st thru June 25th --- And was happy with my selection! However, that's not to say it was a perfect stay. I'll explain below.

The good --- This hotel is very nice looking and has all of the amenities and services we could have wanted. It's also in a great location; a block or so from the main street which made it very easy to walk around downtown Gatlinburg. They've got free parking on property. And I loved my bed ... I wish I could have brought it home with me!

The bad --- No in-room safe deposit box. Weak water pressure in the shower. Thin walls; I had an adjoining room and although the inside door remained closed at all times, I could hear everything that was said in the room next door. And on 1 of my 4 nights at this hotel, my room was not serviced properly; The cleaning person made my bed (and got the tip that I had left for her), but completely skipped my bathroom ... The dirty towels were left on the floor, the trash wasn't emptied out, and the soaps/shampoos weren't replenished. I'm sure it wasn't done on purpose and I didn't complain ... but it was a little disappointing.

And below is a detailed description of my "King Bed Room with a Fireplace".

- Fireplace

- Nightstands with lamps, alarm clock w/ MP3 aux line-in, and phone

- Desk with lamp, phone, wired internet cable

- Philips flat screen TV

- Dresser with 3 drawers (this acts as a stand for the TV)

- Avanti Microwave

- Keurig Coffee Maker with sugar, half & half and
... Morning Edition Blend - Medium Roast Coffee
... Morning Edition Blend - Decaf
... English Breakfast Tea

- Avanti Mini-fridge

- Closet with Iron, Ironing board, luggage stand

- Bathroom with hair dryer, French Milled Soap & Bath Soap, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion

In summary, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with a connecting door, unless you're actually traveling as a family with your next...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank monte94
Hello monte94, thank your for choosing to stay with us and taking the opportunity to review your stay. I'm very grateful for the very thought out reveiw that you placed for our property. I always love to see comments like these because I know that you have put a lot of thought into making sure you provide us with a proper assesment of your stay. I am very sorry to see that you had a few negative things to say about the hotel. I know that you enjoyed your stay, but it is always my goal to make sure that we not only meet but we exceed your expecations and I can assure you that we will do our very best on your next stay to make sure that happens. I always give my business card out to every one checking in that has every way to contact me down to my cell number. I want you to utilize that any time you feel that it is needed, no matter how big or how small you may think the issue is. I want to to to take care of it so that you can have the best stay possible. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

LaPorte,In
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The staff is friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had everything we needed. There are a few hotels in town with balconies that that you can see the river from. this one, like most of the others, you can't. There are trees in the way. The breakfast is $10 and well worth it. There is a buffet with bacon, sausage, grits, fruit, yogurt, sweet rolls, breads, juices and all kinds of good stuff. You can go to the window and order waffles, pancakes, blueberry pancakes, French toast, custom made omelets and eggs any style. we ate a big breakfast at 10 am and were able to skip lunch. There is a nice bar, pool and sitting area with a fire pit. Moving north-south in Gatlinburg is tough. The hotels on river road don't have easy access to the Parkway. At the HGI you can walk to the end of river rd., go through the Ober Gatlinburg Mall and you're there. Or, you can go through the parking garage walk up some stairs and get there. There is also something referred to as an alley that runs next to the parking garage. It's the fastest most direct route but it's a really spooky trail. If I go back to Gatlinburg I will probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room w hot tub and fireplace and balcny
Green Features: I can't believe any one would gripe about a wastebasket that has two sides (one for recyclables) Its hard for a hotel to be eco-friendly and it's rare for corporations to even care. Hilton deserves some credit here.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cheswick
Hello cheswick, thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent trip to Gatlinburg. I'm glad to see that you had a great stay with us and it seems that almost every aspect of your stay either met or exceeded your expecations. This is the ultimate goal for all our staff here so I'm thrilled to see such a great review. I hope that you will continue to visit with us every time you make it back to Gatlinburg. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.