“Excellent”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed at the Hilton garden inn at Gatlinburg because of incoming storms at the campsite. Very nice, clean. Courteous staff. Good location. We only stayed there for one night but had a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

uabgrad5454, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm glad to see that you had a great experience with us even just staying the one night. I know that you were probably a little dissappointed about not being able to stay at your campsite, but I'm greatful that you chose us to be your retreat from the strom. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future. Thank you again and if there every any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown

Reviewed May 2, 2014

3 night-stay in April; we booked a room with a fireplace and a whirlpool. Honestly, for $200+ a night and as a Hilton Honors member I was very disappointed that breakfast wasn't included. And not just hot cook-to order breakfast, but we had to pay ten bucks for a couple of pancakes and a toast. Seriously? You can get that for free at Motel 6. The room was nice, always clean, and we enjoyed our mini get-away overall, but the breakfast thing really ruined it for me. Next time when in town will definitely try a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lelenija

Hello Lelenija, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad to see that you had a great stay overall, but am very sorry to see that you were dissappointed with your breakfast experience. Our specific brand does not offer complimentary breakfast unfortuantely, but the breakfast that we do offer, we feel, is much better than you can get at the other hotels that offer complimentary breakfast. In addition, we want to leave you with options when it comes to choosing breakfast. We have so many great choices through out the town that we don't want you to feel limitied to eating just our breakfast. I'm sorrry to hear that you did not walk away getting the true, full, experience that we offer during breakfast. I hope that you will change your mind and visit with us again. If there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed here recently and enjoyed very much. Room was great. Toiletries, Neutrogena excellent.
Nice electric fire place, was handy as it rained a lot and we kept getting everything wet, the fireplace kept are shoes dry and our feet and hearts warm.
Breakfast was excellent, great way to start the day. We were to walk every where we wanted to and were not in the middle of the crowd. Business center was convenient and fast Internet service. Has an indoor pool and hot tub, we were not able to use it as that weekend something was going on and the place was full of kids. Sorry we did not pick a higher floor, but not the hotels fault.
Great selection, would definitively go back

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor unless you have kids
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EmJay_1956
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Hi there EmJay_1956, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking th opportunity to review your stay. I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. Our ultimate goal is to provide you with the best vacation experience possible. I'm glad that you were able to witness that first hand. I hope that you will contine to visit with us every time you make it back to this area. If there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Have stayed here for the last three years while attending the regional bridge tournament held at the Convention Center. The location is perfect. The hotel is well maintained and the rooms are quiet and comfortable. The staff is outstanding. Everyone from the front desk to the servers in the dining room goes out of their way to be friendly, helpful and accommodating. All reasonable requests or problems are resolved promptly. It's not the least expensive property in Gatlinburg, but you get what you pay for for.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank 2Break90

Hello 2Break90, thank you for choosing to stay with us during the annual bridge tournament in Gatlinburg. We are so greatful for the opportunity to host such a special group of people. We want to make sure that you experience with us is just an extension from the experience you are having while playing bridge at the convention center. I hope that you will conitnue to come back with us year after year and make us a part of your bridge tradition. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistance General Manager

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We booked on short notice. The only room available was a King Suite. On arrival, our room was not ready. We only waited 20 minutes or so, but the front desk clerk generously gave me four comps to the breakfast buffet. Breakfast was so-so, I would not recommend paying for the breakfast.
The suite was nice. Two rooms, the first with a pull-out sleeper sofa, TV, fridge and microwave. The second room with a king bed, TV, and jacuzzi tub. I liked that the bed side lamps have electrical outlets to plug in phones, iPads and whatever. The bedding and linens were quality. Our suite turned out to be a handicap room, which we did not need. We did not have a balcony, but if I stayed here again, I would surely try to get one, they looked great. The hotel is LEED certified, which I gather means ecological. The lighting in the rooms is terrible! Very dark.
The grounds are lovely. Outdoor patio area with comfortable seating and a fire pit. Outdoor whirlpool tub, one could relax in the whirlpool while watching the fire. The lobby area is inviting, with a fireplace and a water fall type feature. The lobby has a bar, but I did not see that it was open very often. The front desk staff were always friendly and accommodating.
Staffing seemed to be an issue in the housekeeping department. They did not get to our room until around 5pm, explaining that they were short staffed. I felt sorry for them and told them I needed only clean towels, no need to make up my room. It was a little of a disappointment to be staying in such a nice place to find they had staffing problems.
The location is great. The walk to the parkway is short, but the short cuts are not for those with mobility issues. You can access the parkway by walking to the curb and up the side street, or cutting through Hampton Inn parking lot, or a parking garage, or a path between two buildings that is strewn with empty liquor bottles and other assorted items I didn't examine to closely. Guest parking is plentiful and well lit. I would defiantly stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Diane J, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the opportunity to review your stay in great detail. I love to see someone take the time to let us truly know the feelings of their stay. While I want to always see great things, the reality is that it won't always happen like that but I am greatful that you took the opportunitly to let us know where we exceled and some of the areas that we may need to work on. I promise you that we will praise the positive and train the negative. You are exactly right, we have had some staffing issues, particularly in our housekeeping department and I'm so sorry that you noticed an internal issue that we have. We do have such a high expectations when it comes to providng you with the best experience possible that it's hard to keep a staff, sometimes, that understands that concept. We will continue to strive to meet/exceed your expectations every time no matter what our staffing situation looks like. I hope that you will continue to visit with us in the future, and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The rooms were nice. It's the best value in Gatlinburg. There are a lot of dumpy hotels in Gatlinburg and it's hard to find a nice hotel. We will definitely stay there again. The location was great too.

• Stayed: April 2014

Hello Tara0313, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to reivew your stay. I could not agree more that we should be rated #1! This is definitely our goal and we will continue to work until we get there and work even harder to maintain it once we do reach #1. I'm glad to see that you will be staying with us again, hopefully soon! Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to turn that overall rating of a 4 in to a perfect 5! Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contace me.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel is not on the main street but one street toward the river, so it is quite quiet. The hotel is 'green,' which is great, but it means that the shower pressure is almost non-existent. The breakfast is fantastic, and the staff are all extremely friendly and helpful. I would stay here again if I were in the area (I might sneak in my own showerhead...). the a/c and the fridge were pretty noisy, but nothing earplugs couldn't block out.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Hello MaggieNeedlefish, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the opportunity to review your stay. I'm glad to see the positves of your stay, like the service of our staff. We truly pride ourselves on that level of service to give you a great vacation experience. I am sorry to see that you found the water pressure not to your satisfaction. This is all a part of our LEED certification, but we always would like the opportunity to resolve any issue that you may have during your stay. So please never hesitate to let us know right away when something doesn't meet or exceed your expectations and we will do our best to fix it for you. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to cotnact me.