“Friendly and helpful”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Kolby and Darren made great meals with a homemade and personal touch. All staff friendly and helpful. Room cleaning not the best, but overall enjoyable stay. Outdoor hot tub @ 26 degree weather was actually kinda fun!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Bigdoglittlekat
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Hi there Bigdoglittlekat, thank you for your most recent stay wtih us. I'm glad to see that you found everyone "friendly and helpful", especially Kolby and Darren. I know that they will be excited to see that you thought enough about them to mention them in your review. I will promise you that we will work harder on the cleanliness of your room. We want you to walk away feeling that every aspect of your stay was the best it could possibly be. I hope that you will continue to stay with us whenever you are traveling to the Smoky Mountains and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,999)

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Absolutely one of the finest most enjoyable hotel stays ever! Staff was wonderfully accomodating. Room and lobby were warm, cozy, intimate. Beautiful fireplace with large windows in lobby perfect for viewing the snowfall on my trip. Cooked to order breakfast and happy hour in the evenings. This hotel met every possible expectation. Will stay the next time I'm in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Thomas D

Hello Thomas D, thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I'm thrilled to see your review and that you had a great time with us. Our staff strives daily to not only meet your expectations, but help exceed them so that you can have the best vacation experience possible. While I love your review my goal will be just that, to exceed your expectations for your next visit. I hope that you will continue to stay with us whenever your travels lead you back this way and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Second year in a row I was in Gatlinburg for a short business trip in January. This hotel, like any other HGI, is a wonderful hotel. I got an upgrade to a King, Whirlpool, Fireplace room with a view of the mountains. Didn't use the whirlpool but since it was snowing and 5 degrees outside the fireplace and view was awesome. Room and entire hotel is clean. Staff is friendly. Did room service (since it was SNOWING AND 5 DEGREES OUTSIDE) and they were quick and food was good. Regardless of purpose in Gatlinburg this is one of the newer, cleaner hotels and should be considered for all kinds of trips to the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CJ608

Hello CJ608, thank you for choosing to stay with us again and taking the time to review your stay. I'm so thrilled that you chose to spend another trip in Gatlinburg with us and that it was just as good as the first visit. The snow kind of threw us all for a loop but it sure was pretty to look at , and you can't really ask for a better time to be in this area when it snows like that. I hope that you will continue making many more trips back to Gatlinburg and each time I hope that we are the first call you make. I want our hotel to become part of your "tradition" when staying in this area. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Eric Treadaway

Reviewed January 30, 2014

On Gatlinburg for business with a large group and had a great experience with the hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful, room was spacious and clean, amenities were excellent (in room and on property fitness center). Hotel is centrally located, making Gatlinburg very walkable, and since hotel parking was complimentary, it worked great.

Room Tip: King room with fireplace was very spacious.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ChattaMom
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Hello ChattaMom, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. I'm so glad to see that you had a great experience with us. We truly want you to walk away with that feeling every time you stay with us. I hope that you will continue to visit with us whenever your travels lead you back to Gatlinburg, hopefully for more of a pleasure trip than a business trip! Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We were excited to stay in a newer hotel in downtown Gatlinburg and have a Jacuzzi tub and fireplace in our room. Our check-in was great and the front desk clerk was very nice. When we first walked into our room, the first thing we noticed was the temperature was pretty hot. It was 20 degrees outside but the room was unpleasantly warm. As soon as we set our luggage down, a roach ran across the wall, thank goodness that was the only bug we saw. We are experienced in the tourism industry and knew that our room should've been cleaner than it was, mostly needed a good dusting and some mildew treatment around the tub. The shower head was the worst shower I have ever stood under, it had four holes the water sprayed out of and I never felt rinsed off. I inspected the Jacuzzi tub before getting in and there were some hairs and soap scum that I had to wipe out before hand. I would also suggest the front desk give instructions to those renting a Jacuzzi room on how it works, it took us a minute to find the button to start up the jets. Also, the elevator button on the 4th floor, you had to push the up button to go down and the down button to go up...something engineering should fix. The bed was comfortable but I wish we would've had something other than feather pillows.

Overall, nice and pretty hotel, I loved the outside landscape of it and no charge for parking, that's a plus.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Treva68
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Hello Treva68, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your reveiw. While I never like to hear that someone's stay was "Just Okay", I do like that you did have some good positives with your stay with the staff and overall look and feel for the hotel. I want you to know that I do not take cleanliness issues lightly. I assure you that I will address this with my staff and we will get better from it. Please know that we want to know immediately when you find any issues. I give every one that checks in my business card that has my personal cell phone number on it so that you can call me whenever there is an issue. I want to show you that, while we may miss something, we will correct it immediately. Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay with us and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just spending a night in Gatlinburg, wanted a nice hotel for the night and this fit the bill perfectly. Room was on the smallish side, but the fireplace was nice and it was very comfortable. Would stay here again with no worries.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Todd S, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm so glad that we were able to "fit the bill" for you. I hope that in the future we can get you to stay here for more than just one night in one of our suites so that you can really enjoy this area and what makes it so great. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

A great Hilton property for walkable downtown Gatlinburg. I typically rent a cabin but wanted something that was within walking distance to downtown Gatlinburg. This property is a five minute, easy walk from main street It is full service, offering an indoor pool, hot tub with fire pit and great outdoor sitting area. Although too cold for enjoyng the hot tub and outdoor area it looked very inviting. Daily happy hour! Room was a nice size with a fire place however offers no real views because it is downtown. So if you are looking for a "room with a view" this is not for you. If you want convenience with great amenties then this is it. I will recommend to family and friends and stay here again. I was visiting over a weekend in January and the mix of visitors was both families and couples. Perfect location for parking your car and walking to everything,...and that is exactly what I did. Trolley stop is also right outside the front door. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Hi there JHS524, I'm glad to see that we were able to get you down from those cabins and enjoy the convenience of downtown. The views from some of those cabins can't be beat, but as you stated we have the convenience and the amenities that some of the cabins do not have. I hope that this won't be your last visit with us and thank you so much for recommending us to your family and friends. Thank you for taking the time to post your reivew and if ther is ever any assistance that I can proivde for you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.