“Great Location!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Florence, Alabama
“Great Location!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed on January 17th for our 27th anniversary. This hotel is in a great location. We could walk to everything we did downtown, ski slopes and the Peddlers for dinner. We will be staying here again next year. We had not been to Gatlingburg in 25 years. Everyone at the Hotel was very friendly. I'm very picky and the room met my expectations!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hello there and thank you so much for the kind review. All I can say is Wow! I'm so thrilled that you chose our hotel to stay in after a 25 year hiatus from Gatlinburg. Not only that but you had a great time that now it will only be 1 year before making a return trip to Gatlinburg! I'm happy that you had a great Anniversary trip and that we were able to assist in making this special trip the best it could be. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
ATL
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Probably 4.5 stars, but the combination of price, location, and comfort makes it a 5.

--comfortable, clean rooms (ours had a fireplace)
--happy hour with food and drink in a nice little restobar
--couple of blocks to the main strip (easily walkable even with a stroller) as opposed to ON the main strip, which cut down price

We'd stay there again on a revisit to Gatlinburg.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello bizco, thank you for your most recent stay with us. I'm glad to see that you had a good time with us and that we were able to meet all your expectations. I hope that you will continue to visit with us again so we can earn that other .5 to make it a perfect 5. I want to not only meet, but exceed your expectations every time you stay with us. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My fiance and I researched Cabins and tons of hotels in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge and decided we wanted to be close to the "strip". We chose the hotel based on the reviews and are glad that we did. The staff was great and the rooms were clean. In addition, we were centrally located to everything. My only minor complaint was the parking if you arrived later than 9. Otherwise, if you are looking for a great hotel that is close to the action, you must stay here. it's great for those with germ phobias like myself~~ I am getting ready to reserve our rooms for our trip this year in April. Last year's trip was in June.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello DianneB707, thank you for choosing to stay with us again this year and posting your review. I see that you are from Atlanta, I hope with that unexpected snow that you all recieved that everyone is ok! I'm so glad to hear that you are coming back again in April. Depending on the week you have decided on, the parking might be better. When we are full sometimes it can get a little tight in our parking lot but hopefully we wont' have that problem this time around. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to make sure this stay is even better than your last stay with us. I want to make sure that we exceed every expectation you have. Thank you again, and I will look forward to seeing you all soon.

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was actually very enjoyable. On the positive side, the interior is beautiful. Room was very clean, very spacious and had a fireplace, which was a nice touch. Bed and linens were standard hotel, nothing exceptional but not hard or uncomfortable. Front desk staff and restaurant staff are both friendly. Two choices for food. First, the 24 hour pantry is very convenient. Snacks, toiletries, beer, etc. restaurant was tasty but average. You would be better served checking out one of the many restaurants within walking distance. Location is fantastic, as the hotel is right off the strip, without being on the busier side of the the road.

Only two real negatives. Hot tub is outside, which absolutely sucks in the winter. Indoor pool is a nice touch, but is not heated and the room is very insulated. Thus, your choices are warm water with freezing exterior or warm(ish) exterior with cold water. Was kind of frustrating and just seemed like a poor choice for a mountain town. Cable was limited and our TV kept cutting in and out.

All in all, a good alternative to many of the hotels in town, especially for the price. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Chris E, thank you for your most recent stay with us and posting your review. While I'm sorry that we did not leave you with that "perfect" feeling that we strive daily for, I'm glad that you found some very good positives for your stay. The goal of mine, and my staffs, is to assist in exceeding your vacation experience. So please never hesitate to let us know if something isn't to your standards and I promise you that we will do everything in our power to make it right. I hope that you will continue to stay with us when traveling back to this area and I know that we will do an even better job and strive harder to exceed your expectations. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Newport, Tennessee
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We are local and looked for a last minute stay in Gatlinburg and found a room with fireplace and jacuzzi tub but only for 1 of our 2 nights stay. I did book and was told that they would have to relocate me on the 2nd day. This room was very clean, nice, very upscale and had everything you would need , even with Keurig coffee. We had breakfast downstairs which was superb and reasonable . Location is quite and not too far away from anything. Rates are about $50 to &60 more than your avg hotel stays there but worth it. I will be back!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm thrilled to see that you had a great time with us and that you will be back in the future. I want you to walk away feeling that you can't wait to come back because your vacation experience was far above anything you can get any where else. I truly hope that you will continue to visit us again when you want to make that short trip back to Gatlinburg. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Knoxville, United States
Reviewed January 21, 2014

friendly service, clean hotel, well kept room. Had no issues of any sort. Front area was being re-modeled upon arrival. Work was done in couple days. Did not have any negative on my stay. Lobby warm and inviting. One night had a glass of wine by fireplace to keep extra warm. Staff attentive, inviting me to change tv channel if I'd like and follow up on a second glass was prompt, even though I wasn't in the bar area. Didn't use pool or exercise area. The room was well maintained and had zero issues with shower, temperature or noise levels. Well run operation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Jennifer K, thank you for your most recent stay with us. I'm so glad to hear that you didn't have any issues during your stay with us. Our goal here is to help to exceed your vacation experience. I hope that we were able to accomplish that with you. Please continue to make us the first call you make when planning your trip back to Gatlinburg. I want you to make us a part of your Smoky Mountain tradition. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Gallatin, Tennessee
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

We visited Gatlinburg to attend Rez Kids, a family worship event. Nine families from our church stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff were all polite, friendly, helpful and professional! Everything was clean and accommodating for families with young children. We especially enjoyed the pool!

Stayed January 2014
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hi there SGSvo, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. "Friendly, helpful, and clean", you can't really get any better than that! I'm glad to see that you and the rest of your church family had such a great time with us. I hope that you will continue to visit us whenever you are back in the area. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.