“An Amazing Long Weekend in Gatlinburg”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Des Moines, Iowa
“An Amazing Long Weekend in Gatlinburg”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

After planning to meet my family for a long weekend, I looked on TripAdvisor to see what hotels were available in Gatlinburg. Wanted to use hilton honor points; so, I read reviews for Hilton Properties. The excellent reviews of the Hilton Garden Inn were spot on for our experience. We were warmly greeted by Amanda at the front desk and promptly checked in for our stay. She went above and beyond to further explain some specifics for our combined reservation of nights on points and a night on traditional reservation. She also helped us find a place for dinner! The hotel itself is a very nice and clean property. Due to the falling snow, my parents and I didn't use the fire pit, but that's a nice bonus for this property...an outside fire pit beside the hot tub looking toward the mountain. We did, however, spend some time in the lobby by the large indoor fireplace. The indoor pool looked well kept and used by several guests while during our stay. Business center was GREAT...first time in awhile the computers and printers actually worked in the business center! The rooms were the normal rooms for a newer Hilton Garden Inn.... plenty of room for 3 adults. House Keeping staff was prompt and thorough! You're one block off the main strip in Gatlinburg with easy access through the back parking lot. Highly recommend this property! Will stay there again in the future. Parents even mentioned possibly making this a yearly adventure. Thanks to the great staff at this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Hello Josh O, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. The goal of our staff is to assist in making your vacation experience a positive one so that you will want to come back year after year like your parents had mentioned. I'm glad that Amanda was able to be the initial person to set your vacation out positively. I know that she will be glad to see that you thought enough about her to mention her in your review. I hope that you will continue to come back to Gatlinburg, and that we are the first phone call you make. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Has a very nice feel. Worth the extra money. I would stay here again if I couldn't find a cabin, but a nice surprise. It was close to downtown, but off the beaten path.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Hello MnHawk, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to reivew your stay. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay wtih us. I think our location is what really sets us apart from a lot of the other hotels. We are far enough away from the "hustle and bustle" but close enought to get to it when you need to. I hope that you do visit us again in the future and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manger
Hollywood, United States
Reviewed January 7, 2014

What a great stay Hilton gave us. We were nervous going to a tourist city, not being familiar with the location. This hotel exceeded our expectations. Nicely located next to tram up to Ober Gatlinburg and the best restaurants in town. A nice short walk to everything else! Hilton comes through again. Many thanks!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Eric G, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm so glad that you decided on coming to Gatlinburg,even though its a tourist town. While the town can get a little crazy during the busy months, we are unlike a lot of the tourist towns. We have such a quaint little town and even if it does get a little congested thats what the National Park is for. It gives you that opportunity to get away and love every second of it. I hope that you will continue to visit our town and when you do I hope that we are the first phone call you make. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

United States
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel and is close to everything in Gatlinburg. The staff is friendly and helpful and even remembered us from our last stay. The lobby is gorgeous and I love the firepit. Staying here is a wonderful experience!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Vicki M, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. The goal of our staff is to assist in making your vacation experience a positive one. I'm pleased to see that we were able to assist in that way. I hope that you will continue to make our hotel your lodging choice for what we hope will be many more trips back to Gatlinburg. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were there over the Christmas Holiday and the staff was excellent. We ate every meal in the restaurant and the food was stellar! The Breakfast buffet was the best and Christmas Dinner was delicious. I am a Chef and I was very impressed. They only complaint was the low water pressure in the shower. Other than that we had a wonderful Christmas holiday stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to impress another chef with our great food. Our kitchen staff does such a great job to exceed the expectations and I'm glad they were able to accomplish that with you. Thank you for chosing to spend your Christmas holiday with us and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Knoxville, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Overall experience was good. Only downfall was that our room window faced a designated smoking area and we could hear the smokers talk. No complimentary breakfast. Location was nice, just one block from main road.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Robert C, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. I'm glad to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I want to make sure that next time you have the best stay possible, so please never hesitate to let us know if there are things that hinder you from leaving our hotel saying that. I know how hard you work and that you deserve this vacation and I want to do everything in my power to provide that for you. Thank you again, and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We took our kids and grands to Gatlinburg last weekend. We were warmly welcomed by Amanda at the front desk. She helped us seamlessly navigate an issue with Hilton as did Jessie. Later in the week, Alton helped with the TV and concierge questions. The hotel is located along the river behind the Main Street and has rooms and suites. Our grands enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub.
The double room is not too spacious ,but does have a microwave, mini fridge and Kuerig coffee maker. Our room was very clean and ready as requested. We must commend Angela, our housekeeping person, who was caring and thoughtful. She worked around our little ones' naps and getting the room cleaned with a smile. The staff at this hotel are well trained, but seemed to go the extra mile every time we asked for help.
The breakfast buffet was a plus. The food was varied and hot. You could request a waffle, pancakes or eggs cooked special. Our grands loved it.
This hotel is newer than most of the ones we saw, and we look forward to returning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello Tbug914, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to reivew your stay. I'm so glad that you had a great time with us, "Friendly and Fabulous", can't get much better than that! Thank you for taking the time to mention, Amanda, Jessi, Alton, and Angela by name. I know that they are excited to see that they made such an impression on you that you would mention them on your review. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide, please don't hesitate to contact me.