“Enjoyable stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Elgin, Illinois
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were shocked when we arrived in Gatlinburg for the first time - it was overwhelmingly crowded - traffic and people everywhere. I thought we'd never find a place to park, but this hotel had a nice large parking lot for guests. The room was great, clean. The breakfast offering was beyond anything I have had before - the selection was endless. Delicious. Drinks at the bar one night was relaxing. All the staff was friendly and helpful, however, Matt outdid himself. He seemed to be there 24/7 during our 2 night stay. Too bad I couldn't find a place on the Hilton website to provide a note to management on how well Matt ran this hotel. Staying at this hotel was the perfect start to our first trip to the Smokey's.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hi there Flatlander927, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. I'm very please to hear that you had such a great time with us and that Matt made such an impression on you all to mention him by name. He is a great worker and is one that we can depend on to provide great customer service. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Scotland
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in a junior suite with a balcony overlooking the river, the suite was excellent and very clean and comfortable. The staff in this hotel are all very friendly and professional. We booked with a bed & breakfast deal and well worth the money, the breakfast was excellent and plentiful with a cooked to order option as well. The hotel is well situated to walk to the shops and restaurants, you can take a short cut through the carpark at the rear of the hotel which takes you 5mins, or if you prefer a nice walk along the riverside then although it will take longer it is nice. I would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a suite overlooking the river with a balcony, ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello molliescotland, thank you all so much for choosing to stay with us. When I see a great review come in I'm always happy, but when I see a great review from a "Top Contributor" as yourself it gives it just a little extra meaning. I think our breakfast is such a great ammenity that we have that you can't get anywhere esle, so I'm glad to see that you took advantage of our Bed and Breakfast deal so that you could enjoy that. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assitant General Manager
boonville indiana
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and i booked a Cabin about 3 months prior and when arrived were not happy at all very dirty but we stayed until the sun came up the next morning so i could see to drive off that mountain, drove into the best looking hotel in Gatlinburg and went to the front desk and April got us right into a very nice room and our vacation was saved. i hope someone from Hilton Management reads this.. do whatever you can to keep and promote April. (p.s. they installed new Keurig Coffee makers while we were there) ...YaY !

Room Tip: we had a river room overlooking the patio fireplace and hot tub...very nice. ask for April at the fr...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
sigman38, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm sure hate to hear about your bad experience with your cabin, but there lost was our gain! April is a tremendous asset to our hotel and I'm glad that you were able to witness what makes her so good at what she does. I know that she will be extatic to see that she made such an impression on you all to mention her by name. I hope that you all will continue to stay with us everytime you visit gatlinburg, and if there is ever any assitance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Southampton
Reviewed September 25, 2013

SO glad to be at this hotel away from the town...peaceful after travelling. Also very comfortable, and staff friendly and obliging.
Evening meal not good....too much salt and lack of expertise in the preparation. However, breakfast was excellent....porridge, fresh fruit, good, well prepared hot options, and staff well trained in keeping everything topped up.
Would happily stay here again, though not in the town!!

1 Thank petite100
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hello petite100, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad that you had a great time with us, with the exception of your evening meal. I promise to you that I will personally addresss that issue with our cooks. We want to make sure that every aspect of our hotel gives you the best experience possible. I am glad that you were able to see that our location is probably the best feature that we have. We are close enough to everything but located to where it feels like you are away from town as well. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Hilton is close to the centre of Gatlinburg but provides an oasis of calm and comfort for the weary traveller. We had a large pleasantly furnished and clean room.

We were not terribly impressed by the standard of the evening meal in the restaurant. The salmon was overcooked and dry and the meal was oversalted and oily. Unpleasant!

Notwithstanding the food, I would happily return here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi there travelhoundDorset, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your travels. As a Top Contributor on TripAdvisor dot com, I know that you have stayed and visited many places but I'm glad you chose us. I think our location is one of the best features of our hotel and I'm glad you were able to see why. I will make sure to address the dinner issues that you had. I want to make sure that experience is just as good as any other aspect of your stay. I will personally make sure that is taken care of. Thank you again, and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

benbrook
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed 5 nights in a jr suite. The room was clean which I really appreciate. The couch was sagging a little but comfortable enough. The room had a balcony that overlooked the courtyard which would have been nice except guests were smoking in that area almost everytime we went out to sit. My advice would be don't pay extra for a courtyard balcony. The staff at this hotel was the best thing, next to the inclusive breakfast bargin you can purchase. We bought the room with breakfast package. There was a large variety of breakfast items and the ones you could have made to order were excellent. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They made this a 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the courtyard balcony, unless you don't mind smokers.
1 Thank lovethemountains2
Hello lovethemountains2, thank you so much for choosing our property to stay at while in Gatlinburg. I'm very pleased to see that you had such a great time with us. Our staff's number one priority is to make sure that you have the best vacation experience possible. I'm so glad that you said the staff is what made this the property that it is. Thank you again and if I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Right by the river. Downtown Gatlinburg. Easy drive into the park. Great service from Allison at TENTE front desk. Cook to order breakfast at a reasonable price. Rooms are clean and neat. Staff overall was friendly. Nice Hot tub and fire pit outdoors. Great for couples, singles, families.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank BineQuilts
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hello SabineB702, it never gets old seeing great reviews. I'm so glad that you had such a great time with us and that Allison made such and impression on you to mention her by name. I know that she will be extremely happy to see her name mentioned. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you, please don't hesitate to ask.