“Will Definately Stay Again!”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The room was clean and very quiet. The hotel is close to all of the local attractions. The local attractions are within walking distance. The staff is extremely friendly and courteous. The business center, pool, workout room, and hot tub are great assets. The lobby was comfortable. The large fireplace in the lobby area was beautiful and very romantic.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Dewayne P
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Hello Dewayne P, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you "will definitely stay again". I want you to walk away feeling that everytime you visit with me. Thank you again and if I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

we were kind of worried after staying in a horrible and dirty resort in myrtle beach about stopping here. But it was a great, very clean hotel! We had driven 7 hours to get to the hotel and really did not have much time for our kids to get in the pool. It's a little thing but I was glad they gave us time to unwind in the hottub and give our kids some pool time even though it was officially closed. We had planned on eating breakfast downtown Gatlinburg but made the great choice of staying and eating breakfast at their restaurant. Although we have 5 kids everyone was SO nice and treated our kids great. I recommend their breakfast. I also loved their beds and great towels, we would stay there again. Sometimes I hesitate about these reviews if real people do them, but our family does not do many vacations and when we do I want it to be nice.

Room Tip: Great location within walking distance of everything in Gatlinburg, even if you are walking with sma...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Hi there Bittersweetfarm, I love all comments no matter what, but I will tell you the comments you left about your stay is my absolute favorite. When someone, who doesnt' get to travel much, writes a review it means the world to me. You want to make the most out of these trips however few and far between they may be. I'm so glad that our hotel was able to salvage some of your family vacation. I hope that you will continue to make us your lodging choice any time you choose to come back to Gatlinburg. Thank you again, and if I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had a fantastic time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn. We were met by an enthusiastic front desk person name Altan (not sure of the spelling). We were walk-in visitors, coming from another hotel where we were completely dissatisfied. We were pleased from the second we stepped inside this hotel. It is clean, fresh, BEAUTIFUL, and everyone is so friendly. Altan helped us with reservations, called us later to tell us the room we'd been assigned was cleaned and ready, and made every trip we made through the lobby during our two night stay enjoyable by his recognition of us. I will never stay in another hotel in Gatlinburg if rooms are available here.

Room Tip: We chose a king room with whirlpool and view of the stream. Sitting on the balcony listening to the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello wannabeonvacationnow, when the first thing I read on a comment is "Love this place!" I know that it will be a good day. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your staty with us, and Alton is definitely the best. I know that he will be so glad to see that he made such an impression on you all that you made mention of him in your review. Thank you again, and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you in the future please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here with an AAA group. It's in a good location on a postage stamp sized property as is everything in Gatlinburg. Breakfast was good with plenty of seating and made-to-orders available from the kitchen.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Hello infoc, thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so glad to see that you and your group had a good time with us and I hope that you will always visit us when making your travel plans to Gatlinburg. If there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you in the future please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We decided to stay here on a quick trip and were very pleased with location, cleanliness, graciousness of staff. I missed having a balcony and hearing the stream as we were on the back side but it was quiet and the ease of getting to the parkway was nice. Yes, the shower has lower pressure but this is a 'green' certified place. And personally, we don't care for the beds in HGI--the Hilton/Doubletree/Embassy Suites beds are superb (yes, we are Diamond with HIlton so we are on them a lot). Everything else was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank zoe1mom
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Hi there zoe1mom, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your reveiw. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that we will continue to be your lodging choice for what we hope will be many more trips back to Gatlinburg. I would like for you to know that we are currently phasing the Garden Style Sleep mattresses out of our hotel, so hopefully these will be gone by your next trip back. If they are not please let us know right away and we will try and accommodate you in a room that does not have that bed type. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I have visited three times in the last year and it was wonderful. The staff is very friendly and the location of the hotel is great. We have reservations to come back in November for the Christmas lights (they are beautiful).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Jim W, I know anytime that a review starts out as "We will be back!" it will put a smile on my face. Our number one goal as a staff is to insure that your vacation experience is the best one possible. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and if you ever need anything in the future please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We picked this hotel due to its location and facility between the other Hilton properties in the area. We were very happy with our choice; except that we could not find a room that was right. We loved the fireplace and balcony; but could have done without the whirlpool - it took up such a large portion of the room. We wanted a king bed, but they did not seem to have a room configuration that met our preference.

The staff was great for the whole stay. The front desk from check in to check and every time in between was great. Friendly and helpful.

Even better was the restaurant staff. The managers and the waitresses could not do enough to make our meals a great experience. We had wonderful breakfasts everyday. My wife was thrilled they had eggbeaters.

We had a great view of the river, and when we returned to the room after a day in the Smokies and dinner, the fireplace was really nice.

It is a inconvenience to have to login to the internet several times a day, but it is free, and that was great. We did not stay at one of the other Hilton properties in the area as they charge per device per day.

We walked from the hotel to the strip and dinner several evenings. The others we drove to Pigeon Forge or stopped on the way back.

The drive to the National Park is 2 lights and a right turn. That was great. And they had lots of information available in the lobby. 23 hour a day coffee and hot water (tea and hot chocolate) is great. I did get a cokkie when we checked in, but did not see them the other nights. That might be the time we returned.

I highly recommend this hotel for couples and families.

Room Tip: Pick one with a balcony overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dave-OH
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hello Dave-OH, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write out such a thoughtful review of your stay. I can't tell you how much it thrills me that you had a great stay with us. I'm very glad that my staff made such an impression on you to mention their hospitality in your review. The ultimate goal of our staff is to assist in providing you with the best vacation experience possible. I hope that you will continue to make us your lodging destination for what we hope will be many more trips back to Gatlinburg. Thank you again and if there is ever anything that I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.