“Superb”

Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
“Superb”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We started out at another hotel down the road. It was BAD! As we were walking to go eat dinner, we saw this hotel. We went in to get details and see if they had vacancies. The staff was super helpful and friendly. The hotel in the lobby was clean and actually smelled clean. We ended up transferring to this hotel and stayed 2 nights. Our room was great! The bed was really comfortable. The towels were fluffy and clean. The shower pressure was a little on the sifter sude, but it was good enough for us. The room smelled really nice. The air and fireplace worked well. The pool and hot tub were well taken care of. We didn't use the exercise room, but the equipment looked top notch. The view from our room wasn't the best, but we weren't here to stare out our window. The coffee and cookies in the lobby were fresh and free. Free continental breakfast would have been a plus, but unfortunately didn't come with the stay. Overall we loved our experience here. We'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank shelbythatsme
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
shelbythatsme, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting your review. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience at the first place but I'm very thankful that you found us so that we could show you a great experience. I hope that everytime you come back to Gatlinburg that we are the first place you call. We want to continue hosting you and your family for many more trips back to this wonderful area. Thank you again and if there is ever anything that I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Hotel is in a wonderful location; easy walking access to the shops, restaurants, along the river/creek, and various attractions. The Hotel outside hot tub was relaxing and the indoor pool was nice as well. The staff was wonderful and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Katheryn B, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit to Gatlinburg. I hope that everytime you come to Gatlinburg you will be able to experience that hospitality that is associated with the south, in particular Gatlinburg. When you do make those trips back to Gatlinburg, I hope that you will continue to make us your lodging choice so that we can definitely show you the meaning of southern hospitality. Thank you again and if there is ever anything that I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I have read several reviews on here that the staff at the front desk was awful. Our experience was wonderful! VERY friendly! But that was about the only good thing we experienced.

Our room on the 5th floor at the end,looked very nice, LOOKED!
I've read on here that they have changed some of the beds. It should be illegal for some one to sleep on these beds! Our backs hurt so bad in the middle of the night we moved to the floor! Got up thinking maybe a hot shower would help, which the shower wasn't bad, but when I went to dry off the first towel i grabbed had a stain on it that looked like coffee. I went to grab another one and it had 5or 6 black long hairs on it, I'm blonde!!! Nasty! I used a wash cloth to dry myself.
My husband went to make coffee and opened the coffee pot and there was coffee in it from the people before us! I washed the pot and the cups myself. Doing dishes on my vacation is not much of a vacation.
We had breakfast vouchers from our HH, used those down stairs. Isn't breakfast free anyway? If it was for the two prices of cold bread they brought to us and called it French toast, they Need to be tought what breakfast is!The wait staff was very cold. The man was walking around asking "is this yours is this yours?" Why give out the numbers if you're not going to use them? They cleared the tables and put the dishes in a tub that they left sitting on a table the whole 30minutes we were there. Then they didn't even wipe the tables down, I wiped our table off as did two or three other people. Again not my idea of a vacation. Won't be returning to this Hilton.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank MelaniaHard
Hello MelaniaHard, Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm so sorry to hear that you did not have the best experience possible with us. I am glad that you were able see my front desk at their best though. I'm very surprised at the comments concerning your experience with breakfast. We do charge for breakfast, but being a Gold/Diamond hhonors member you can choose to get free breakfast. However; most people can't say enough good things about our breakfast. Some being the only reason that they choose to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn brand, so I'm very sorry that you did not walk away with that same feeling. I hope that you will come back again, and hopefully that was a one time experience that won't repeat itself. Thank you again and if there is ever anything that i can do for you please don't hesitate to conact me.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here two times already. It's hard to find a decent hotel in Gatlinburg, but this one is top notch! Love it!! I will never stay anywhere else when I visit because this hotel has literally won my heart.

2 Thank torit83
Hi there torit83, I'm so glad to hear that you had a great time with us and that we "won your heart". This is definitely what we want all our guest to walk away feeling. I hope that we continue seeing you many more times so that we can continue to wow you. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and if there is ever anything that I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Nicholasville, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We enjoyed that the hotel is located at one end of Gatlinburg with less traffic but still in walking distance to all the shopping and restaurants. Lots of amenities and nice restaurant. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. We had a room with a whirlpool and fireplace and enjoyed our stay. Will definitely stay at this hotel again. If you have a problem, notify the staff and they will do whatever possible to make sure you are satisfied. They exceeded our expectations!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello April W, I will never get tired of hearing the words "They exceeded my expectations". This is what we strive for with all of our guest and I'm so glad that you were able to experience this with my staff. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and if t here is ever anything that I can help you with in the future please don't hesitate to contact me.

Festus, Missouri
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel is one of the best. The location is at the quiet end of town across from the creek and a beautiful walkway. It is about 2 miles from the entrance to the Smokey Mountain Parkway Visitor Center.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Hello jdck, thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. I'm glad that you find our hotel as "one of the best". As a collective staff, we will always strive to give you that level of service each and every time you visit with us. I'm so glad that you had such a great time with us and I hope that we will continue to be your lodging choice for what we hope will be many more trips back to Gatlinburg. Thank you again and if there is ever anything that I can assist you with in the future please don't hesitate to contact me.

signal mtn, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Overall good value and good location for Gatlinburg. Good food in house, good facilities in house, good parking, close to all main events and to conference center has adequate after hour services and good pool

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Hello Robert S, thank you for your most recent stay with us. I'm glad that you had a good time with us while you were here. I hope that you will continue to make us your lodging choice for what we hope will be many more trips back to Gatlinburg. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.