“Ecocrap means LOW water pressure” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Oklahoma
“Ecocrap means LOW water pressure”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I'm gold hhonors. I'll be Diamond next month if that tells you anything. I won't stay there again. The girl at desk was right down snotty when we asked for the fire pit to be turned on. The jacuzzi didn't work and was dirty. We ordered the romance package and had to hassle her to get our champagne, strawberries, and breakfast vouchers.
As far as the shower, it was like trying to shower under a leak.
The only bright side was the bartender. She was very helpful and polite.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Plinker007
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Hello Plinker007, I'm very disappointed to see that you did not have the best time possible. Especially as a Gold/Diamond member, we want to make sure that your expectations are always exceeded. I'm very sorry that you did not walk away with this feeling. We will take this opportunity to train and get better so that this experience won't happen to you or anyone else in the future. Thank you again and if there is ever anything that I can do for you in the future please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
marlton nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

the staff was super efficient, polite and professional . the hotel was clean NO ODORS - many of the hotels in area smelled musty ...other people in our party at other hotels left them and came to stay at the hilton ..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi there specialist22002, thank you for your most recent stay with us. I love comments like yours, short, sweet and to the point. I'm so gald that you had a great time and that everything was neat, clean and smelled good for you. Thank you again and if there is ever anything that I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I debated whether to stay in downtown Gatlinburg or just outside in a pretty setting. I decided since Gatlinburg has so much to do right downtown we would stay in the town center. I am very glad we did. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn which is on a street parallel to the main drag. The location is great because it's a short walk to all the activities yet it is quiet a street over. I had to adjust my expectations when I arrived because we had just left the Hermitage 5 star hotel in Nashville. This is not a 5 star hotel. But for the price & location it is fine. I was disappointed in our rooms (we had 6 people so 2 rooms) because we had a view of the roof - literally you looked out the window and the roof from the lobby was blocking your sunlight & your view. We tried to move but it wasn't possible. The rooms were clean, and the hotel was quiet. Another negative was the water pressure in our room was not good. My daughter has long, thick hair & had to stay in the shower a while to get the shampoo out. The afternoon cookies were a nice touch and the front desk staff were friendly & helpful with directions. All in all, I would stay here again I would just make sure to not get a room with a view of the roof.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NorthCarolinaRoxy
Hello NorthCarolinaRoxy, thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be back to visit us again, hopefully soon! I'm glad that you were able to see my front desk staff at their finest and was making you feel right at home. This is the number one goal of our staff and we hope that everytime you stay with us you will walk away with nothing but good things to say about our staff. Thank you again and if there is ever anything that I can do for you in the future please don't hesitate to contact me.

chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had heard Gatlinburg was busy and filled with traffic and people but we really didn't know what to expect. Well it was very crowded!!! This hotel is a perfect location to be close to everything yet feel somewhat away from it all. It's at the very end of the touristy strip and not on the main drag. It was easy to avoid traffic into the National Park. The street it's on also allows you to bypass the main drag to head out of town...we left the car at night and walked to all the restaurants....we only wished they had an outdoor pool. Breakfast was good and worth the upgrade.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank payca
Hello payca, thank you for your most recent stay with us. I'm glad to see that you had a good time in Gatlinburg, even with the crowd. It can definitely get hectic at times in town, but I'm glad you stuck through it and was able to experience some of the great things about this town. I think our location is one of the great things that sets us apart from a lot of the other hotels. We are a great quality hotel that is far enough away from the hustle and bustle of things but just a short walk away to get to anything you need. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Buford, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel is located in a great area of Gatlinburg. It is just one block off the main drag so it is very quiet. It is within walking distance of all attractions and restaurants. The hotel is fairly new only a few years old but still have the brand new look and feel. All of the staff were great and willing to assist with any request. I would highly recommend this hotel on your next stay in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi there Ronnie W, thank you for taking the time out of your day to review your stay with us. I'm so glad to see that you had such a good time with us and that you would reccommend us to anyone. It will never get old hearing the phrase "All of the staff were great and willing to assist with any request". This is our number one priority each and every time you visit with us and I'm glad to see that it came through. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

nashville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

It's a hotel alright. There is a lobby, elevator, pool, hallways, doors, and rooms behind the doors. This hotel furnishes keys to lock or unlock the doors to the guest rooms, which I thought was pretty neat. Our room had a bed, television, and a bathroom. There was soap in the bathroom in addition to toilet paper. I saw a pretty devastating documentary about elephant cruelty, which was a total bummer. The pillows absorbed my tears pretty well though. I cry a lot, so absorbent pillows are a must- especially while traveling. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that has leaky eyes like me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Ben S
Hello Ben S, thank you for your most recent stay with us. I hope that you will always continue to choose Hilton Garden Inn when traveling to Gatlinburg. Thank you again and if there is ever any assistance that I can provide for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Ringgold, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a very new and modern hotel at a reasonable price in downtown Gatlinburg. The staff was very friendly and attentive. It's also within walking distance of most Gatlinburg attractions.

Not sure when it was built, but it is newer than most other Gatlinburg hotels. My family enjoyed our stay and I would definitely recommend the property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveler-5505
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Hi there Traveler-5505, I'm so glad that you had a great time with us. Our number one priorty here as a staff is to make sure that you have the best vacation experience possible. We want our place to be a "familay tradition" for you that when you childrens children come to Gatlinburg that we still be visting with us. Thank you again and if there is ever anything that I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.