“Gatlinburg - Aug 3, 2013” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Fayetteville, United States
“Gatlinburg - Aug 3, 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very nice hotel, extremely courteous staff. Only had lunch in the retaurant, but it was superb. Great location to all Gatlinburg shops and activities. Did have a bear come through parking lot while out having morning coffee, that startled us just a tad, but after contacting the hotel staff, they promptly came out to chase it away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Hello Scott S, those bears can definitely put a scare in you at times. I'm glad to see that you had a good time with us despite the bears. I hope that we can continue to host you and your family to what we hope will be many more trips back to Gatlinburg. If there is anything that I can ever do please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

THis hotel is very near (walking distance) to the main attractions and the Parkway in Gatlinburg, but it faces a quieter street and a nice creek, so the balcony room was especially nice. It's very clean and comfortable and quiet. I would probably not want to stay in Gatlinburg again, but if I did I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I hate to hear that you didn't enjoy Gatlinburg, but am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you will give Gatlinburg another try in the future maybe in early May when it isn't so crowded in the area. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Oak Island, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Hotel very nice and clean. Room was spacious with fireplace. Not all rooms have balconies. Cook to order breakfast was good but comes with a price unless your Hilton honors status is adequate. Breakfast staff were good. Front desk staff not very accommodating or friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello nctravelerharley, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review your stay. I'm sorry to see that you didn't have the experience that we were hoping that you would have had while staying with us. I will make sure to address the lack of customer serive that you felt from our front desk staff. Our number one priority is to make sure that you have the best possible experience while staying with us. I hope that you will come back and visit us again so that you can see that is not normal for our front desk staff. If there is anything that I can do for you in the future please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

This hotel is ideally situated for your stay in Gatlinburg. Its location is on River Road, which runs parallel to the main shopping/dining area, so quieter and a nice relaxing spot. You can leave your car in the hotel car park, and easily walk everywhere downtown. The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming from the front desk, to the breakfast team, and the housekeeping team - it really is a pleasure to stay here. Cookies at 5pm are delicious and a nice touch. Our room was spacious, and met our needs perfectly. A quick note about breakfast - this is one of the better breakfast buffets - the selection is more than usual for the Hilton Garden Inn - cakes (particularly the lemon cake), pastries, hot food dishes (potatoes excellent) and made to your own choice of eggs. In comparison to some of the other accommodation in Gatlinburg, this is worth the extra cost.

Room Tip: Request a room to the front of the hotel - some have balconies and partial river views
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank amanda34680
Hi there amanda34680, thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us. I'm very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay so much with us. We pride ourselves on customer service and I am glad you were able to experience that first hand. I hope that you will continue to visit with us time and time again when you visit Gatlinburg. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Canton, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn is off the main Gatlinburg road and close to the opening of the Smoky Mountain Park, which is an advantage since the town is really congested. It's also within walking distance to all of the shops and restaurants, also nice. Our biggest complaint was the very steamy bathroom due to the lack of a fan. There were signs all over the hotel to conserve water by reusing ones towels but the bathroom was so damp nothing dried. So much for 'green' behavior. My husband hated the low flow shower head but after 4 days, you get used to anything. Also, the air conditioning unit was LOUD.

Green Features: Ridiculous to ask people to reuse their towels when the bathrooms are so damp due to a lack of fans that nothing will dry overnight.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Amy L
Hello Amy L, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Thank you for letting us know the issues that you had during your stay and we will definitely be looking into that. The shower head is due to our LEED certification however we do have different showerheads that we can change out that hopefully will take care of that issue. Please dont' hesitate that anytime you have any issues while you are here contact us immediately and we will take care of it. Your experience is our number one priority and we want to make sure that you have a great time while you are here. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Jackson, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Recommend staying here related to location, comfort and courtesy of staff. Breakfast offering was good and room service options were also good. Easy walking distance to main Gatlinburg attractions and many restaurants. Also ready access to Little Pidgeon River.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank James W
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hello James W, thank you for taking the time to write a reivew of your stay. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend us. I hope that you will continue making us your lodging choice when making future plans back to Gatlinburg. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel is one block off the main drag in Gatlinburg, and that makes a big difference in being quiet and peaceful in an otherwise noisy and busy town. It is a really easy walk to everything in Gatlinburg.
The room we stayed in was an upper level room with Balcony and hot tub in the room. We did not use the Hot Tub, so that was just wasted space for us. But the balcony was very nice overlooking the river that runs across the street from the hotel, and the mountain on the other side of the river.
The restaurant was good for breakfast, with fresh cooked eggs and omelets. (the precooked eggs tended to be luke warm rather than hot) I do think the designer made a mistake in making the restaurant tables out of Granite, since the granite saps the heat out of any food you put on it really quickly. (they need to put placemats on the tables to keep this from happening) But if you take small portions, they don't get too cold before you can eat them.

Green Features: The shower is pretty wimpy. (to save water) I was also somewhat surprised that a LEED certified hotel would have a raging natural gas fire in both the lobby and courtyard in the summer. Seems like those could have been replaced by artificial fires using low wattage lights or something.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello dans895, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad to see that you had a good experience with us. I hope that you will continue to come back and make us your choice of hotel for many more trips to Gatlinburg. I'm glad that you pointed out in your review what, I believe, sets us aside from any other hotel. Along with our brand we are close enough to the main drag to walk to but placed on the oppposite road so you are able to enjoy some peacefulness. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.