“Family Reunion - Great Hotel.”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Erin, United States
“Family Reunion - Great Hotel.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a family reunion for about 40 people at this hotel. The rooms were awesome-- cleaned daily which I have noticed a lot of hotel getting away from and greatly appreciated. The restaurant and bar were a great quality and all of the staff were most helpful. Location to Gatlinburg is unbeatable-- about a two minute walk to being right on the main strip in town.

1 Thank Megan M
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Hello Megan B, thank you for staying with us and posting your review. I'm glad to hear that you had such a great time with us. The location of our hotel is one of the biggest perks that we have being so close and can easily walk to the downtown area. I hope that you will continue to stay with us on what we hope will be many more trips back to Gatlinburg. Thank you again for staying with us and if I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Greenville, Ohio
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family and I have traveled all over and love staying in Hilton Garden Inns, but I'd have to rate this as one of the worst hotels we've ever been too. Yes the rooms were nice and clean and the location was indeed close which was wonderful, but it's impossible to have a 5 star hotel with such an outrageously rude staff. Just checking in, Christine acted as if we were bothering her. Another night, we were all spending time together at the pool and it we didn't realize it was past closing time. The man at the front desk came out and literally yelled at us. Not realizing what time is was, we apologized and tried to dry off as quickly as possible. He stood at the door impatiently, tapping his foot. As we were finishing packing up our things, he scolded us yet AGAIN telling us to, "GET OUT!" These are only a few of the stories from our 5 day stay. Unfortunately there was only one younger girl who worked at the front desk that was properly able to communicate with us. She was willing to answer any questions and accommodate us any way possible. It got to the point that the only time we'd go to the front desk to ask a question, etc. was when she was there. To everyone else, we felt like a bother. With such a nice hotel with many wonderful amenities, it is such a shame that a better staff is not in charge. My family and I own a business of our own, and realize the importance of a strong, cooperative staff. As manager or assistant manager, I would definitely give this staff a big reconsideration. We had such a wonderful time at Gatlinburg, but nearly dreaded coming back to the hotel at night. I hate leaving such a bad review, but this is a serious problem that should not be ignored. Because of the staff and their unwillingness to accommodate or be friendly at all to say the least, I will not recommend this hotel to anyone and will not be returning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank Teresa B
Teresa B, I'm very sorry to hear the comments that you felt you had to leave. I'm glad that your room was clean and that you did find someone on our staff that is to our level of expectations. Please know that your comments are not taken lightly and that your issues have already been addressed. I can assure you that Christie has seen this review and feels extremely bad about the way you felt you were treated by her. Our #1 goal here is to make sure that you have the best vacation experience possible, and it all starts with our staff setting those expecations for you and your family. I am truly sorry that you did not get the vacation experience that we would hope that you would have and I hope that you come back and try us again to see that this is not a reoccuring issue. Thank you again and if i can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

The bars they offer at check in are sooooo good! Eat at least 3 :-)
The hotel is cute and in my opinion in the best location bc it is slightly out of the tourist center.
Our room was a king whirlpool. It was nice in size. The bed was on the hard side but sleepable. My only real disappointment was that there were stains everywhere. In the hallways on the carpet- in our room on the carpets and couch- in our bathroom on the walls behind the toilet and on the walls near the whirlpool. There was also what appeared to be a dog pee stain in the bedroom. Yuck.
I would go back.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Foodislove3
Hello Foodislove3, thank you for choosing to stay with us and post your review. I would have to agree that you have to get multiple of the welcome bars. They are so good. They are on the more healthier side but they did a great job to punch out a lot of great flavor in them. I am sorry to hear that you found a few issues regarding stains. Anytime that you have any issues regardless of what they are please don't hesitate to let us know right away and we will take care of it. As much foot traffic that we have here, it makes it a little more difficult to keep up with some of the stains that occur from the busy seasons. Please know that we will make it a point to take care of anything you need while you are staying wtih us. Thank you again, and if I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Charleston SC
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was an excellent place to stay in Gatlinburg. The location was perfect for exploring the smoky mountains and the town of Gatlinburg. Close enough to leave the car and walk around town, which is a great savings in dollars and time.

Staff was attentive and helpful, especially at the wonderful breakfast. The only problem with breakfast is that travelers from nearby substandard hotels seem to be invading most mornings since this is probably one of the best breakfasts available in town. Its hard to call that a downside other than they may need to expand the eating area at some point or have a certain time for hotel guests only.

Room was clean and well stocked.

Room Tip: family sized suites are awesome.
Green Features: energy efficient hotel, only issue was elevators seemed slow in arriving... although not sure that was an energy related issue, but possibly.
2 Thank K C
K C, thank you for choosing to stay with us and post your review. I always love to hear the word "excellent" used. This means that my staff did their job in making your vacation experience the best it could be. I'm glad that you enjoyed the breakfast so much and you are right, others in town that have enjoyed our breakfast before want to continue to eat with us even if they aren't staying with us. Thank you for your suggestions in regards to that. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Ann Arbor
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The room was very cozy, the staff was very friendly, and the lobby area was very comfortable. The location is almost unmatched-off the over crowded main road through town but only about a two minute walk to the heart of downtown!! the breakfast was also excellent- the fried potatoes are amazing, and the kitchen staff offers made to order omelets and pancakes! The whole hotel was also very clean, and the pool area was also very nice. If you're looking for a place to stay in Gatlinburg, stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Next year when we come again we will definatly stay here again!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bob g
Hello bob g, thank you for posting such a kind review of your stay with us. I'm tickled that you had such a great time with us and that you will continue to come back and stay with us. Our breakfast is definitely amazing so I'm glad you took the opportunity to experience that. Thank for staying with us and thank you again for the review. If I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Nashville, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had an excellent stay. The location was very convenient and free parking was a plus. We walked to restaurants, and downtown attractions. Since it was off the main drag, getting there was much better than other locations.

1 Thank Frederick E
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Hello Frederick E, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting a review. I always love to hear the word "excellent". This means that me and my staff did our job in providing you and your family with an outstanding vacation experience. I hope that you will continue to stay with us on your many more trips back to Gatlnburg. Thank you again, and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Memphis, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Nice experience being plans change on short notice. But breakfast could be free for 250.00 a night.The room was clean but walls thin could here noise from neighbors room. Overall experience was nice . Would recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Cassandra H, thank you for your most recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you had such a good time with us that you would reccommend us to your friends and family. I hope that they will get to recieve the same experiences that you had during your time with us. Thank you again, and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.