“Grab a bar!”

Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown
Ranked #5 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

The bars they offer at check in are sooooo good! Eat at least 3 :-)
The hotel is cute and in my opinion in the best location bc it is slightly out of the tourist center.
Our room was a king whirlpool. It was nice in size. The bed was on the hard side but sleepable. My only real disappointment was that there were stains everywhere. In the hallways on the carpet- in our room on the carpets and couch- in our bathroom on the walls behind the toilet and on the walls near the whirlpool. There was also what appeared to be a dog pee stain in the bedroom. Yuck.
I would go back.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Foodislove3
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hello Foodislove3, thank you for choosing to stay with us and post your review. I would have to agree that you have to get multiple of the welcome bars. They are so good. They are on the more healthier side but they did a great job to punch out a lot of great flavor in them. I am sorry to hear that you found a few issues regarding stains. Anytime that you have any issues regardless of what they are please don't hesitate to let us know right away and we will take care of it. As much foot traffic that we have here, it makes it a little more difficult to keep up with some of the stains that occur from the busy seasons. Please know that we will make it a point to take care of anything you need while you are staying wtih us. Thank you again, and if I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,012)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was an excellent place to stay in Gatlinburg. The location was perfect for exploring the smoky mountains and the town of Gatlinburg. Close enough to leave the car and walk around town, which is a great savings in dollars and time.

Staff was attentive and helpful, especially at the wonderful breakfast. The only problem with breakfast is that travelers from nearby substandard hotels seem to be invading most mornings since this is probably one of the best breakfasts available in town. Its hard to call that a downside other than they may need to expand the eating area at some point or have a certain time for hotel guests only.

Room was clean and well stocked.

Room Tip: family sized suites are awesome.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank K C

K C, thank you for choosing to stay with us and post your review. I always love to hear the word "excellent" used. This means that my staff did their job in making your vacation experience the best it could be. I'm glad that you enjoyed the breakfast so much and you are right, others in town that have enjoyed our breakfast before want to continue to eat with us even if they aren't staying with us. Thank you for your suggestions in regards to that. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The room was very cozy, the staff was very friendly, and the lobby area was very comfortable. The location is almost unmatched-off the over crowded main road through town but only about a two minute walk to the heart of downtown!! the breakfast was also excellent- the fried potatoes are amazing, and the kitchen staff offers made to order omelets and pancakes! The whole hotel was also very clean, and the pool area was also very nice. If you're looking for a place to stay in Gatlinburg, stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Next year when we come again we will definatly stay here again!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bob g

Hello bob g, thank you for posting such a kind review of your stay with us. I'm tickled that you had such a great time with us and that you will continue to come back and stay with us. Our breakfast is definitely amazing so I'm glad you took the opportunity to experience that. Thank for staying with us and thank you again for the review. If I can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had an excellent stay. The location was very convenient and free parking was a plus. We walked to restaurants, and downtown attractions. Since it was off the main drag, getting there was much better than other locations.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Frederick E
Eric T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Hello Frederick E, thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting a review. I always love to hear the word "excellent". This means that me and my staff did our job in providing you and your family with an outstanding vacation experience. I hope that you will continue to stay with us on your many more trips back to Gatlnburg. Thank you again, and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Nice experience being plans change on short notice. But breakfast could be free for 250.00 a night.The room was clean but walls thin could here noise from neighbors room. Overall experience was nice . Would recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Cassandra H, thank you for your most recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you had such a good time with us that you would reccommend us to your friends and family. I hope that they will get to recieve the same experiences that you had during your time with us. Thank you again, and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Very conveniently located within town. Close to shopping and restaurants. Close to walking tours of the town. Very modern while blending in historical images of the park and the surrounding areas. We wanted to be close to our favorite dining location and this met the bill.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aubrey S

Hi Aburey S, thank you for choosing to stay with us and post a review for your stay. I'm glad that we were able to "meet the bill" on your stay and I hope that you will continue to stay with us for many more trips to Gatlinburg. Thank you again and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I really liked the location of this hotel -- it was just one block off the main drag, so you didn't have to deal with the noise & traffic, but it was a short walk to all the restaurants, etc. The lobby is nice & inviting, with the bar serving 1/2 price drinks & apps during happy hour. The staff was very friendly as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LakeMom2

Hello LakeMom2, thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm very happy to see that you would definitely return again. The goal of our staff is to exceed your expectations so that you have a great vacation experience. I'm glad you were able to see us at our best. Thank you again, and if I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.