“Hilton Gatlinburg” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Hilton Gatlinburg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very nice hotel. Right near the bulk of downtown activities. Nice lobby with fire place. Outdoor Jacuzzi with gas fire place just outside of lobby. Indoor pool that was not too hot, not too cool. Room was very nice and comfortable. Breakfast buffet was awful. plenty of places close by to have breakfast. Had a quesadilla at the bar that was fab. It was fresh hot and full. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My purpose for this visit was to stay in a nice place with a fireplace in my room and a place where I could do some work in a quiet but nice enviornment. I did just that... it was a safe, relaxing, nice environment and I felt as though I had accomplished what I went here for.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gigi W
London, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a nice hotel and convenient to everything. They have good parking for the guesst and you can walk to everything in Gatlinburg. The hotel was very nice, clean, and the rooms were quiet. If Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The whirlpool king suite is very nice!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rincon680
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

If this had been our first time ever staying at a Hilton Garden Inn, it probably would have been our last. We have stayed in the one in Chattanooga, TN, and were extremely pleased. This one in Gatlinburg left much to be desired from their staff. When we checked in, the young lady at the reception desk acted as if we were in some way inconveniencing her. She was clearly on a personal phone call when we stepped up to the desk to check in. Then, when we were reading over our room agreement that she asked us to sign, she had the audacity to tap her fingers impatiently on the counter while waiting for us to sign it. She offered no explanation about ammenities, didn't smile, didn't ask if we had any questions...just told us where to park and how to find the elevators. We were unable to find a luggage cart when we were unloading our vehicle (at approx. 5:30 in the afternoon), so we had to make 2 trips from our car up to the 4th floor with all our stuff. Throughout the remainder of our stay we only saw 1 luggage cart in the building. The room itself was exactly as we expected-clean, but a few nicks and scratches on the walls and furniture. The bed was amazingly comfortable and the towels were thick and soft, albeit a bit small. We needed to request extra pillows and had to call back down to "Sweet Thing" at the front desk. She was no more friendly then, but the pillows arrived promptly. We did not experience any issues with noise, either from within the hotel or the outside surroundings. Our room was super-hot, even with the thermostat set to 68 degrees. We finally switched it over to air conditioning (in early February!), to try to cool down the room. With the number of restaurant options nearby we opted to have breakfast elsewhere for fear that we'd encounter more unpleasant staff members. This is a yearly trip for us, and next year we will continue to explore our options.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank utfamkpt
corneliahgi, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gatlinburg Downtown, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration to make sure we resolve the issues you mentioned in your review so that we may continue providing our guests with the exceptional level of service they deserve.

atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

To begin, I have been coming to Gatlinburg, TN for approximately 35 years now. I have seen hotels come and go and then some just stay the same. I have also stayed in just about all of the hotels in the area. It was a nice change to see that a more modern up to date Hilton Garden Inn came to town. It was also somewhat of a letdown from your typical mom/pop motels that blanketed Gatlinburg all these years. We decided to give it a shot for 2 nights 02/08/13-02/10/13. We booked the bed/breakfast package at $164.00 per night plus tax making it $185 per night. For those who are familiar with the town, that is on the high end for price. With that comes modern amenities, nice colors, comfortable beds, business center, indoor pool, hot tub,fitness center, outdoor fire pit seating area and a restaurant/bar. We enjoyed everything that I just mentioned. Do I feel its worth the premium price? I fell neutral.

As mentioned in other reviews, the location is within walking distance to everything. There is no direct path to the parkway. You will either walk along the sidewalk across the street with beautiful views of the running stream or cut through a dimly lit parking garage. It wasn't a problem for us. It is definitely nice to be within walking distance to the strip but far enough to have a sense of peace and quietness. I do want to mention that the walls are pretty thin in this hotel as one could hear everything for you light sleepers.

The breakfast that was included with the package was very good. It included a small buffet of fruit, juices, pastries, bread, bacon, sausage, biscuits, grits and a hot cooked to order item if you so choose. For those who pay individually it will cost you $9.95 which is well worth it. The staff did appear to be in disarray one morning. Perhaps, a few tables ordered all at once. The restaurant is open for breakfast and at dinner (5-10pm). I also like the availability of room service if one chooses.

In conclusion, this is a very nice hotel if what your looking for is all the amenities of such. With that comes higher prices. I will stay hear again in the future but it won't be my only choice as there are plenty of hotels to choose from. I still enjoy the very personable service of some older establishments and sometimes the occasional musty smell that brings back childhood memories, all at a fraction of the cost.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view. It was nice to be in a room which overlooked the hot tub and fire pit.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mikec
Duluth, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was my second visit to this hotel. The rooms are clean and service is prompt and courteous. Hotel is quiet. The room I stayed in this time was not as large as the last one that I stayed in last time. The previous room had a fireplace but I am not sure that it was worth an extra $20 per night for the room with a fireplace.The biggest problem I had with the room this time was that it had no view except that of a roof of an adjoining part of the hotel. It was snowing and it would have been nice to be able to look out the window at the snow.This is a green building which is nice that they are doing things to protect the enviroment. All in all a pleasent stay and I would definitely stay here again when in Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: Room Tip - Avoid room #211 if you want any kind of view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Susan P
La Vergne, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Staff was very helpful, comfortable rooms, newer hotel that is part of a regular business chain (something kind of new for Gatlinburg). Obviously traveling mid-week off season for business is a whole different thing than when Gatlinburg is packed, but like staying closer to traffic light 10 instead of 1 (come in via bypass and avoid the traffic during season). Nice outdoor area to enjoy quiet conversation with friends and family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business