“Not Really a Waterpark” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wild Bear Falls Waterpark

Wild Bear Falls Waterpark
Ranked #28 of 108 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Owner description: A mountain-themed, world-class family indoor water park, Wild Bear Falls at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, features a state-of-the-art retractable roof, taking Mother Nature out of the equation! Guests can enjoy comfortable conditions year round. Imagine splashing in the heated water when it's freezing outside! At more than 60,000 square feet, Wild Bear Falls is the largest indoor water park resort in the South and the fifth largest in the country. A total of 300,000 gallons of water flow through Wild Bear Falls daily. An idyllic break for both parents and kids, Wild Bear Falls offers an atmosphere that sets aside bonding time and a safe, supervised yet independent kid-friendly atmosphere that allows parents a chance to relax with children visible nearby. Lodging and accommodations are available at both Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort and River Terrace Resort. Attractions at Wild Bear Falls include a lazy river, a variety of different slides, an amazing treehouse play feature that dumps gallons of water periodically and more. Plus, a snack bar.
Stedman, North Carolina, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Not Really a Waterpark”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

A couple of pool, hot tubs, a lazy river, and two water slides does not make a waterpark. This "park" should have a recommended age of 8 year old and younger. All that being said it is a good place to kill an hour. There is never a long line for the slides and the pools are large enough that even with a bunch of screaming children you can get your own little place in the water. The lazy river isn't lazy. You have to watch out for children swimming under you or shoving and pushing around you. The lifeguards are great at making sure that the children do not run around but that's about it.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Melissa H
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Wild Bear Falls Waterpark, responded to this review, February 22, 2016
Thank you so much for your feedback. We welcome you back to see what we now have to offer.

Greenville, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun day, but lazy river has too many "surprise" water dumps to be relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We took our kids who are both under 2 years old. I think that a little older kids would enjoy it more, but we still had a good time and stayed until they closed at 5:00. I loved that we didn't have to put sun block on them as it was indoor. Just be mindful that once you add the tax, the price is actually $21 something rather than $18.95.

LOVED the tube slide! Could have done it all day if we didn't have to watch our two kids. The lazy river was not as relaxing as I would have liked. There were too many "surprise" bucket dumps. I had thought that I could just float around with my 20 month old and 3 month old, but two rounds were about all I could handle. And unfortunately my 3 month old got dumped on twice in a row. He was not a happy camper, but got over it pretty quick once we went to the warmer kiddie area. I like my lazy rivers to be non-stressful.

I also liked that it is not highly advertised, so it wasn't busy, at least when we were there.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank cbuff5
knoxville
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“great to pass the time for a couple of hours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

While this is no Splash Country or Wilderness, this is a fun place to pass time for a couple of hours. The price is right and affordable and it is great it is open to the public. My guys are 10 & 12 and the excitement wore off after about an hour. If you have 8 and under aged kids, this is the place for you as it is geared more towards the younger kids. The lazy river and 2 large slides are fun according to my boys. We didn't eat anything from the cafe but the prices were what one would expect them to be for a resort ($5-$8 for combos). The arcade is a rip off so avoid it. You buy points rather than tokens and compared to the arcade at Wilderness, the points to play the games are too high (average is 100 pts) for what it cost to buy points. We bought $10 worth of points and that lasted through 4 games. The staff all seemed really friendly. Parking wasn't an issue as I've read from other reviewers. We stopped at the guard shack and got a parking pass for the day, parked and walked down to the pool. Tip: if you plan to visit Gatlinburg, there is a trolley stop there so no need to get in the crazy G'burg traffic if you don't have to!

1 Thank dpchurch1975
South Florida, Florida
139 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Great for kids not so relaxing for adults!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have been here before & always had a great time. This place is a lot of fun for kids and has two slides,big pools, a lazy river and big kids play area! It doesn't open until 11 but it doesn't close until 10! It is a great place but my complaint was that during our visit there were a couple of buses of kids from what looked like a summer camp.I like kids but these kids were out of control with no adults to keep them in line. there were very disruptive to the other guest trying to have a fun and relaxing time on vacation. We left after about 30 min. Luckliy we are Westgate owners and had free admission or I would have demand the 18 plus fee to get in. Westgate should have these camps come in before it opens to resort guests or make sure they are being supervised and well behaved! We went back another day later in the day it it was much better!

5 Thank bluekarma
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great for small kids & rainy weather”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a perfect place to go when the weather outside isn't too great.
It had 2 small water slides for my 1 & 3 year olds. They loved having a small slide to play on. That was great for them. Unfortunately my 5 year old was too short to go on the bigger water slides. She was just shy 2 inches, we begged them but they wouldn't let her go on them. It did make me a little upset bc they were tube slides and they were not very fast. Anyway, overall it was worth it. My husband bought a 5 day pass & we actually went 3 times. They don't close till 10p & that was great. We did go to dollywood & my 5 year old did get to experience watersides all on her own.
So great for small kids but no so good for older ones.

1 Thank Breenate