“Beautiful setting for a Wedding”

Review of ALMOST HEAVEN

Almost Heaven Almost Heaven
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
Deck Views at Almost Heaven
Almost Heaven
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
dmcginn57
Blacklick, Ohio
“Beautiful setting for a Wedding”
Reviewed May 1, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

We rented Almost Heaven for 3 nights and was very happy with the cabin. We loved the secluded setting of being in the trees. We had our wedding for two out on the deck overlooking the hills and forest. American Patriot Getaways was very quick to repair the shower when I called. Very easy check-in...just had to text confirmation number to their number and receive the codes in text to get in the cabin. There were only a few things that we didn't like. We both were shocked that the bed had metal spring mattress...I haven't slept on one of those since I was a child. It is great need of being replaced and updated. Another thing is that the grill isn't covered and the grate is all rusted. Plus being a charcoal grille, the cabin should have a lighter to light it with. Remember to bring your aluminum foil and lighter or matches if you want to use the grill. Plus was surprised for being a "Deluxe" cabin that it didn't have any kind of stereo to play music on. Other than those three things the place is wonderful!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Liked least: The bed
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Virginia

person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
Management Response
Nov 13, 2011
I'm so glad you liked the cabin and all the wildlife!!! That is what makes vacations memorable. I am sorry that we were unable to accommodate your request for a property that had a washer and dryer. All our properties are privately owned and we try to keep a reservation with the cabin your originally book unless there is a problem. Since you didn't ask for a washer & dryer when you booked the cabin, we couldn't move you. In the recording of the call, the office manager politely explains this to you and gives you the locations of the nearest laundry mats. Again, I am sorry that you took this as uncaring. I assure you had there been a severe problem with the cabin, we would have gladly moved you. I hope you understand and that you will give our company another opportunity to meet your loding needs the next time you visit our area.
OH
Reviewed October 6, 2011 for a stay in April 2011
person found this review helpful

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 25-34
Management Response
Oct 6, 2011
Andrea,

The website has a floorp plan of this cabin clearly showing the rooms and beds. Not sure how this is misleading?? I will let the owner know that the sofabed insert needs to be replaced and I'll have the property manager double check the directions. Thanks for letting us know the areas where we need to improve!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing