“Room for everyone.”

View from Big Bear Lodge
Entrance at Big Bear Lodge
Entrance of Big Bear Lodge
Wedding at Big Bear Lodge
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 21 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
vicky w
“great time , horrible cabin”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

My family stay in bear big lodge the cabin was smaller than the picture, the living room had been upgraded. there was black mold in the corner of the wall from the loft to the third floor from some kind of link. the bottom floor and hot tub area looked scarey way different than the picture. lots of thing in the cabin didnt work the toilet seat on three floor kept falling off. Most of my family became sick, It's just be a little over a week and some are still sick my 5 year old grandson is in the hospital. The cleaner filled out the guest survey themselves and left it on the counter. The people who picked up the trash left trash that had fallen out the can while moving it on the front porch. Several of us video our time in the cabin and a lot of different shadows show up in each video we dont know what is was but it was there, someone need to go in and do a over haul on this cabin.The bar-b-que grills was the one you find in the park it was hard to cook for 20 plus people on that big disappointment. We will never use American patroit getaway again We will have to go back to Timber Top luxury Cabins.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: beening in the smokey mountains with family
Liked least: Everyone getting sick
Traveling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Aug 5, 2014
I am sorry that you were unhappy with Big Bear Lodge. I apologize for the maintenance problems you had during your stay. Had you called our Guest Services, we would have gladly sent someone to fix the problems. The black stains, are stains...not mold. I'm not sure how the cabin could be smaller than presented on the website since the pictures are actually of the cabin it's self and it is over 8,000 sq. feet. I will notify the housekeeping manager regarding the trash pickup. This isn't typical of our staff and I can certainly see why you were displeased.

At the end of your comments you said you were going back to the a luxury cabin that you had rented from another rental company. I want to point out that Big Bear Lodge is listed as a 'value' cabin in our inventory of properties. We do have many 'luxury' cabins, but since you chose a 'value' cabin, it wouldn't be a fair to compare it to a 'luxury' cabin. I'm sure the price you would pay for that 'luxury' cabin would be much more than you paid for Big Bear Lodge. I hope you'll give our company another chance and perhaps try one of our 'luxury' properties next time. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are always interested in hearing how we can improve our properties.
Bluffton SC
Reviewed February 6, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

Management Response
Feb 6, 2014
I am sorry that you were not pleased with Big Bear Lodge. I have sent your review to the owner of the property and strongly suggested that the items you mentioned be fixed.

Thank you for your input. I assure you that your review is being seen by the owner.
NC

Nashville
Reviewed June 21, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing