“beautiful but same maintenance issues”

Review of INCREDIBLE!

Incredible!
Outdoor Theater at Incredible! Living Room at Incredible!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
Incredible!
Outdoor Theater at Incredible!
Kitchen at Incredible!
Kitchen at Incredible!
Dining Area at Incredible!
Main Level Bedroom at Incredible!
Main Level Ensuite at Incredible!
Main Level Ensuite at Incredible!
Outdoor Fireplace at Incredible!
Incredible!
Third Floor Bedroom at Incredible!
Bathroom at Incredible!
Loft at Incredible!
Third Floor Bedroom at Incredible!
Incredible!
First Floor Living Room at Incredible!
Incredible!
First Floor Bedroom at Incredible!
Incredible!
First Floor Bedroom at Incredible!
Back of Incredible!
Incredible!
Resort Pool at Incredible!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 28 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Betsy W
“beautiful but same maintenance issues”
Reviewed July 29, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

This is a beautifully decorated, spacious home that easily and comfortably accommodated our family of 22. It is reasonably close to many beautiful hikes and downtown Gatlinburg. It is, however, a 10 minute drive up/down the mountain to reach the cabin on a winding, narrow road with lots of turns where few people's phones had service and where GPS is rarely accurate, so be aware of that. The parking situation is far from ideal - one narrow strip that you can park on,not at all meant to accommodate the number of cars that correspond with how many can stay here. Also, if you have kids and hope to send them into the yard, there isn't really one. There were a lot of little issues/inconveniences that made this a bit disappointing for the price, especially when I look at the reviews and see the exact same complaints made a year ago. The home was cleaned well for our stay, but there were many maintenance issues. The shower in the room we stayed in drained poorly and the sliding door on it was not properly fastened to the wall. A railing on the porch was not well attached,which could have been a big safety risk. The fridge leaked. There were broken shelves, a broken microwave. The water stopped running altogether for two brief periods (10 minutes each, as we were cooking dinner for 21), apparently because they were using water from the pump to fill the pool?? The pool itself appeared green and it is quite small for a "community pool" - we had 6 kids swimming in it and that was about as much as could be in there (unless people were just relaxing and not moving at all). Another couple and child came and we felt we were constantly scolding our children to not be splashing/near the other people, which was kind of unavoidable. There were broken chairs at the pool also, and a small waterfall/stone feature that seemed loose. As others have mentioned, the tv remotes were incredibly difficult to sort out (all the guys in our group were "working on it" for probably an hour,lol) and the outdoor movie screen was really cool in theory, but also very challenging to figure out - the directions they provide are not adequate. We had to call maintenance and he came and cleared out a birds nest that was blocking things, but then it still took a lot of fussing and tweaking to get it working right. The hot tub takes a while to get hot so it wasn't hot enough our first night and the buttons are all worn so it is hard to figure out how to work it. Overall, we were focused on enjoying our family and the nature in the area so none of these were big problems, but it is a shame given the price that so much is inadequately maintained.

denanslad...
Scottsboro, Alabama
“Awesone cabin!”
Reviewed November 3, 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

This place was amazing, just as it's name says. Spectacular views, clean and spacious. We couldn't have asked for more!

Mary Caro...
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Incredible was FANTASTIC”
Reviewed October 26, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

The chalet was wonderful ! It was beautifully decorated, it was very well-stocked with everything you could need and our group 12 had a wonderful long weekend there. We liked it so well we canceled plans to go out to dinner and cooked there so we could spend more time in the chalet..we would highly recommend it and plan to book it again next year!

robertwri...
Worthington, Pennsylvania
“Family Vacation”
Reviewed September 6, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Our large family visited the Incredible in August of 2016. The cabin is beautiful and spacious. We greatly appreciated the private room suites with our large group. I loved the décor and could tell that when the cabin was built and furnished, great attention to detail was given. We used every bedroom and the pull out couches with our large group. We had 10 adults and 10 children from 1 to 19. The boys loved the pool table and everyone spent time in the hot tub. There is a super sound system and outside theater that the kids loved. I debated how many stars to give this cabin as I can't emphasize enough how truly beautiful it is. We did have issues and I don't feel we are extremely picky renters. We read previous reviews about dust and cobwebs - and saw patriot cabin's response regarding "high" cleaning twice a year. There is a beautiful antler chandelier in the center of the great room and I understand that a cabin in the woods will get spider webs and that really didn't bother me at all. However, the pendant lights hanging over the bar area in the kitchen had obviously not been touched in some time. They are in plain sight at eye level and needed a good cleaning. When we opened the pull out couches in the great room, one was full of popcorn kernels and the other couch was broken which made it impossible to sleep on. The master bedroom on the first floor had a broken foam toilet seat with cracks and we had to call to have it replaced (We called twice -after the second call it was replaced on day three). The microwave plate must have been replaced and did not rotate so anything you cooked had to be rotated frequently to prevent burning. The frig was huge and great but it kept leaking and we had to wipe up the water several times per day. We had some major problems with the remotes. We couldn't find the remote to operate the outdoor screen and had to call to have someone come and help us get it going. The remote for the main television in the great room was broken and difficult to get channels. We never did get the sound system completely working - even when we called for assistance, the staff person that came said he could not figure it out. It would have been helpful to have clearer directions or someone to stop by and go over the extensive electronics. The decks on the cabin are spacious and well furnished but the railings have seen better days. They are supported by a few braces and there was tape strung from one pillar to the next. With so many small children we had to be extra carful to keep them away from the edges. The hot tub buttons were worn out and it was almost impossible to change the temp. When we first opened the tub, we had to find a hose to add water as the level was too low. We called for garbage removal on Monday (we had been there since Friday) as the outside bins were full. The cleaning crew only took half of the garbage so by the time we left, we had 5 large bags inside with no where to put them. The community pool was very dirty. There were several broken chairs - tables that had been thrown over the railing around the pool into the woods. The water level dropped so low that the skimmer wasn't working. When I called the help desk said they had other reports but they didn't know when someone would be out to take care of it. Someone did arrive the next day and water was added but there was a continuous film on the water that I couldn't figure out. None of these issues were major - just minor annoyances. Overall, we greatly enjoyed our stay. There is not a view with this cabin but it is nestled in the trees and very private and peaceful. I can only imagine the challenge of keeping up with all of these cabins but when you are paying a significant amount your expectations are high. Feels like the management company needs some better check and balance system with the cleaning crew. Perhaps when you call on an issue the company could call or text you back to see if your issues are resolved - that would prevent multiple calls on the same issue. My expectation would be that the cleaning crew should identify issues that need addressed - if you see a broken remote - toilet seat when you are cleaning don't you call to get it taken care of before more quests arrive? Loved the personal pictures of the family who built the cabin and the stories.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: furnishings - seclusion - private suites
Liked least: insufficient instructions on electronics - had to call multiple times to get issues addressed
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Matthew W
“Not well maintained”
Reviewed August 18, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

It's very clear that this place was beautiful when it was built in 2007. Since then, the property managers have not done a good job maintaining it. Let's start with what was good. Plenty of space and lots of places to sleep. The property is beautiful. Now for what was wrong:

1) the railing on the 2nd floor balcony is broken and unsafe. 2 x 4 were used to secure it but it looks bad and the safety is questionable.

2) the light fixtures have not been dusted in ages. It's gross.

3) the 2nd floor balcony door is jammed. It will not open. Luckily their is a 2nd door.

4) the pull-out couches are broken.

5) A/C in master bedroom does not work. Bedroom gets extremely hot.

6) the $600 tv remotes do not work. It must take a Ph.d to operate them because I have two graduate degrees.

7) numerous chair legs are broken the throughout the house

8) refrigerator leaks

9) we called for garbage removal and they only took half. Pure laziness.

10) microwave is broken.

11) majority of dishware is cracked or chipped.

This place could be incredible but it's not taken care of. We expected more for slightly under $5,000 a week.

Management Response
Aug 29, 2016
Thank you for taking time to post a reveiw on "Incredible". We are aware of the railing that a previous guest broke. We have placed a secure batch until the new rails can be installed. All properties receive a 'spring' deep clean and a 'fall' deep clean in addition to the cleanings between guests stays. Cleaning high light fixtures requires special ladders and this is part of a 'deep clean'. I will have our maintenance crew check on the broken furniture, the balcony door and the A/C. I will also have them check on the tv remotes. Previous guests had not had a complaint about them, but we will have them checked. I will also have the housekeepers check the dishware. 'Incredible' has been booked almost everyday through the summer season and it sounds like it is showing the wear from a busy summer. Thank you for letting us know about the issues we had and how we can improve the property for future guests.
Annabelle...
Cape Coral, Florida
“This cabin was such a disappointment”
Reviewed July 21, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

From the pictures and video on this property, I would have thought the maintenance on it would have been superior. Some of the many issues were that the railing on the 2nd floor was broken in 3 places. We had toddlers & babies & this was a major safety hazard. The maintenance man put 2x4's on the rail to fix the problem temporarily which helped the safety issue but looked unsightly. The yard wasn't even mowed & the children were unable to play. There were so many pieces of broken furniture & chairs couldn't be sat on because they were broken. The toilet was wobbling off its base & the bowls were gross with mold underneath. The padded seat on one toilet was loose & falling apart. The shower door in one bathroom was ready to fall off the track. The drain was clogged in the shower, which my husband did use the plunger to unstop it. There was a hole in the downstairs bathroom tub. The kitchen tile floor is broken. There was trash under the sofa bed when it was pulled out. The dart board game was missing pieces. The floors were dirty inside and outside. There was debris in corners & spider webs everywhere. Not very welcoming when the front door entrance isn't even swept. The whole appearance of the property was neglect. There was hair on the towels so we had to rewash all of them. Being with my family was the best part, but I had to apologize to them for the poor condition of the cabin. Considering how much I paid for this cabin I should have been given a refund! I complained to the rental company and was offered a discount code on my next rental!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jul 29, 2016
I am sorry you were disappointed with the cabin 'Incredible'. I appreciate your calling about the broken rails so that we could get it fixed during your stay. All of our cabins are privately owned. I will be sure the owner is made aware of your comments and work with him to get all of your issues addressed. Again, I apologize that the cabin was not properly maintained and I appreciate your bringing these issues to our attention.
MizPeps
South Carolina
“Incredible and Impressed!”
Reviewed April 25, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We are six couples who have traveled together for the past 3 years and we decided to book the INCREDIBLE! for our weekend getaway. Based on the pictures, video, and description we were all impressed and excited to visit this property because it could meet every one of our needs. Upon arrival, we drove around the neighborhood for about 15 minutes trying to find the property. The sign with the address to the property on it does not face the traffic coming in to the property, so we went up the hill and drove around. Coming back down the hill is when we say the address number so it would be extremely helpful to the house name and number on both sides of the sign. When we drove up we were happy that the property is behind a gate and secluded from other properties. Another note is if you rent this property, read through all of the documentation carefully because the security gate code is in those documents. Once we entered the gate, the driveway circles around the property and we found that it was easier to enter the property from the back which is on the first floor, however someone will need to go around to the front where the lockbox is to let everyone in.

When we first walked in to the 1st floor, we thought we were about to be disappointed. The cleaning person did not put the rugs back down and 2 of the tables were flipped over. We were not sure what we would see on the other floors if this was the case when we entered the first floor, however when we got to the second floor the only issue were the rugs not being placed on the floor. As we walked through the house we were happy to see that the house did in fact look like the pictures and videos that we saw online. The kitchen and the dining area was awesome and large enough to accommodate 12 adults. We were also happy to find 2 charcoal grills outside, that made it easier to grill out for a large group. The decks had enough space and seating for everyone and the highlight was the outdoor projector although there are so many remotes that it took about 2 hours to figure out how to work everything.

All of the bedrooms were roomy and spacious. The bedding was good although the mattress was too soft for me, however my husband said it was just right. The was kind of the consensus amongst the group, one said it was perfect one said it was not; it just depends on your personal preference. There were plenty linens and towels to accommodate the large group and the towel animals on the beds upon arrival were a nice touch. The kitchen was also well stocked and had enough of what we needed to prepare meals. If I could offer a tip, my suggestion would be to choose a 3rd floor bedroom if you want to sleep in because if you are on the 2nd floor especially one the people over you start moving around or coming into the kitchen (the kitchen is located on the 2nd floor) you will be awake. I would guess the same thing happens to the guests on the 1st floor as well. Overall we were all very pleased with the cabin.

The only hiccup was I did leave an electronic device in the cabin. I did call the day we left when I realized it. Living over 3 hours away, it wasn't possible to turn around and go back. i was told that once the housekeeper went in and located the item they would contact me. I was contacted the next evening that it was located and they would send it to me. They took my contact information and credit card number for shipping purposes. The issue was actually getting good information regarding when the item would be shipped, obtaining a tracking number, and the cost. I was told on Monday evening that it would be shipped out. On Wednesday I called to get the tracking number and was told that it would be shipped out on Thursday and a tracking number would be emailed to me on Friday. Finally, Saturday morning, I called again and was able to get a tracking number emailed to me. I finally received it and I am happy that it was packed well and shipped to me. The moral of this is do not leave anything when you travel because you are definitely at the mercy of someone else who does not understand the urgency and importance your item has to you. It would help if customer service actually did follow up in situations like this.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Kitchen size and outdoor screen
Liked least: The bedroom with the bunk beds on the 1st floor
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing