“Perfection!!”

Review of PERFECTION!

Deck with Rockers at Perfection!
Rear Exterior View at Perfection! Living Room with Fireplace at Perfection!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Deck with Rockers at Perfection!
Rear Exterior View at Perfection!
Living Room with Fireplace at Perfection!
First Floor Game Room with Pool Table at Perfection!
Kitchen and Breakfast Bar Area at Perfection!
Game Room with Poker Table at Perfection!
Game Room with Foosball at Perfection!
Game Room with Video Games at Perfection!
Kitchen and Breakfast Bar Area at Perfection!
Main Level Bedroom with Queen Bed at Perfection!
Attached Bath with Jacuzzi Tub at Perfection!
Queen Bedroom with En Suite Bath at Perfection!
Attached Bath with Jacuzzi Tub at Perfection!
First Floor King Bedroom at Perfection!
King Bedroom with Outside Access at Perfection!
Den with Fireplace at Perfection!
Dining Area at Perfection!
Covered Hot Tub at Perfection!
Lower Level Deck with Rocking Chairs at Perfection!
Autumn View of Smoky Mountains at Perfection!
Smoky Mountain View at Perfection!
Valley View of the Smoky Mountains at Perfection!
Smoky Mountains at Perfection!
Resort Swimming Pool at Perfection!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Marcia B
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States
“Far from perfection!!”
Reviewed March 11, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This cabin is located high in the mountains about 20 minutes from the main roads. The way they told us to get there was up scary, narrow mountain roads. We found another way down that was not terrifying. It took about 2 minutes longer but was well worth the time. Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville have a lot to offer.

The cabin is dated and the oven door would not close all the way and was filthy. The dishwasher would only work on the pots and pans setting. The master bath and kitchen sink were clogged. The gas fireplace would not work. The pinball machine had a broken flipper so was useless. The pool table is not not regulation size nor is it level so if anyone is interested in actually playing pool, this isn't the table. I went into the other guest room to get a pillow off the bed and the pillowcase had a hair on it and was completely wrinkled like someone had been sleeping on it. We called about the oven, pinball machine, clogged sinks and fireplace. They came the next day and put Draino in the sinks which helped. A guy came from the appliance place and had no idea how to fix the door. He had to go outside and called someone and then said it was probably the hinges. Then he said he was going outside to his truck to check to see if he had one and disappeared. We never saw him nor heard from him again. The flapper they knew about and hadn't had it fixed since it broke. They turned the switch on the fireplace and it worked once. Then it quit again. I figured out what they had fiddled with and we were able to use it again. One of the times we used it, the fire went out while the timer was still on and we turned it off and opened the doors to air out the cabin.

The view was great as long as you looked straight out the back from the kitchen. From the living room, looking out the back windows gave a great view of the two cabins right beside and behind this cabin. The cabins here are one right on top of the other. There was trash behind and beside the cabin - cans and other things that could easily be cleaned up.

Perfection is a two story cabin with the master bedroom and master bath are on the first level. The game room is on the first level. The rest of the bedrooms, kitchen, living room and dining room are on the second floor. The master is the only bedroom that does not have a bathroom connected. It is across the hall and down from the bedroom. We stayed in a guest room because we are not 7' tall.

The master bed was at least 4 feet high and had a rickety step on one side which would have meant that both people would have to get on and off on one side or risk breaking a leg or neck jumping off the bed. I am 5'2" and it came up to my armpits. I have pictures if I am able to upload them, I will.

We had a good time because we enjoy each other and it was in spite of the cabin and not because of it.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Mar 28, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I have contacted the property owner about the issues you mentioned and we will see that the items are fixed.
I am sorry that we were unable to fix some of them during your stay.
Again, thank you for letting us know how we can improve our properties for future guests.
Smkydream...
Tonawanda, NY
“Far from Perfect”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

I held off as long as I could writing this review hoping management would do something to make amends for a very bad vacation. It didn't happen. So here I go. First I will say we have stayed with American Patriot Getaways in the past with only a few concerns, which were taken care of fairly well. Not so this time. Upon arrival we were greeted with a massive amount of cobwebs loaded with spiders and leaves draped across our entrance to our "Perfect" cabin. We got inside and at first glance it seemed ok. Not great, (dirty walls, holes in walls etc),not what I would expect for $200.00/night. Went to go downstairs to our room and the carpets were disgusting. What used to be a tan rug was now black with stains, there were bugs inside the light fixtures (inside the house!!), the bedding had stains and burn holes in them (we washed all the bedding before we would sleep in them). There were dead scorpions embedded in the carpets and dead spiders and flies in the bathroom. (obviously it had not been vacuumed) The futon bed had food in it!! The fireplace in the living room didn't work, the hot tub jets didn't work, the chairs by the bar were ripped, the chairs in the gameroom were ripped, the dining room chair had an arm falling off, the pinball machine didn't work and the mantel over the fireplace in the game room was falling apart. All this found within the first hour. I called management and expressed our SEVERE dissatisfaction and expressed that we would be looking for a refund. They said they would send over "maintenance",. Well, maintenance couldn't fix the TV's or phones, or the mantel, or the pinball machine(my husband fixed that) and when the maintenance man tried to clean out the fireplace with a vacuum, he left the filter off and blew all the black soot all over the entire downstairs. Of course the fans were on so it blew into the kitchen area and the bedrooms on the first floor as well. Everything was covered in black soot. He used our kitchen towels to wipe off the couch and realized he was going to have to send the cleaning people over because it was more than he could clean up. We had to leave and go out to dinner because we could not even sit down anywhere. Our socks were black from walking around on the floors. We came back after the cleaning crew was supposedly there. Hmmm, bugs still on the floor, our hands were black when we touched the counter tops in the kitchen. We had to go back out, buy our own cleaning supplies (none in the cabin at all) and more kitchen towels because the ones that were taken by maintenance we never replaced. We then spent that night and a good part of the next day cleaning so it was at least livable. We had scorpion and spider issues as well - we had to go out and buy and do our own pest control. We had to call management 3 times while we were there. When I came home I wrote a letter to management and sent 23 pictures of the filth we stayed in for 10 days...their response was refund one night. I was, and am still furious. Oh, then they promised to send us a voucher for a free night on our next stay!!!!! Seriously? We never did get that, but I don't think I will ever stay there again. Please DO NOT STAY AT PERFECTION. If you want to see pictures I have plenty to send you. This house is not taken care of by the owner and it is certainly not a "Deluxe" cabin. Its a shame, because the view is beautiful, but the outside chairs were filthy with bird droppings (not just a few) and we were too tired to clean all those too so we just looked out the windows.

Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
TN

Reviewed July 3, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Indiana
Reviewed May 7, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing