Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection
GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbia City, Indiana
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We are owners and have stayed at Mountain Loft before and have always enjoyed our time there. It is nice to be off the main stretch and have peace and quite when needing to relax.

We stayed in building number 9 on the 5th floor in a 1 bedroom deluxe. We had amazing views and the room was very nice. We enjoyed our stay however we would have liked to have had a 2 bedroom and were told that there were none available.

I have to say after spending a week at the resort and noting that it appeared that half of the resort was empty (based upon the number of cars parked and the number of guest at the owners update, and number of people using the pool) I was very surprised that we could not be upgraded or have a larger unit. I do not understand the way Bluegreen sets aside rooms for rent when they have owners (premier) that ask for more room and are denied and the rooms are left vacant.

Our room was very nice however the kitchen equipment was VERY lacking. I would almost say that half of it was missing. The room was very clean and well put together otherwise. The walls between rooms could use a little sound proofing due to being able to hear EVERYTHING in the next unit..

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
2 Thank Daniel T
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Hi Daniel T,

As owners we greatly appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at MountainLoft. We are happy you found your room nice and the views amazing. We appreciate you bringing your concern with our accommodations to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and will certainly be looking further into your comments. Your review will help to ensure a pleasant experience for all. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I thought this resort would be like the other resort we stayed at but it wasn't. The place was disgusting and I had to call front desk twice for housekeeping. The housekeeper came but he only handed the items to us and left. Front desk ask us if anyone came and just said yes but he didn't do anything. Manager name Robert came to my unit and have a few housekeeper clean up the unit. He promise us a gift card for dinner the next day. We went out a couple of hours and the unit was okay bUT they didn't even leave any toliet papers, laundry detergent, restock the coffee area, and more towels. Robert didn't even leave the gift card like he promise and I had to ask but never heard of again. I was being too nice and should have been a b*there but I wasn't in the mood. Poor customer service, bad service, not clean, promises not kept which I am not surprise from being an owner, don't recommend, and should have listen to the reviews.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank moorejulie12
Hello moorejulie12,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at MountainLoft. We regret to learn our resort did not leave you with a more favorable impression. We are committed to the highest standards of quality and cleanliness. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and would like to further discuss. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you.
Mount Prospect, Illinois
Reviewed August 22, 2014

This place was tucked back away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area. Beautiful views of the Great Smoky Mountains. 3 pools in different areas, with grilling areas. You will need a vehicle if you stay here, although the trolley stop is not too far away, but it would be longer walk. We had a 1 bedroom, and it was SMALL! But there was a balcony, so we had ample room. Room was nicely decorated. Seemed newer. 2nd floor. Oh! there's a bear that roams around too. We saw it. Was pretty amazing!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hi ErinK1,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at MountainLoft. We are happy you enjoyed our location, featuring beautiful views of the Great Smoky Mountains. We appreciate your feedback and photos, and hope you will consider returning soon!
Indiana
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I recently stayed at Mountain Loft and truthfully I have to say I was disappointed as a Bluegreen owner. We have stayed here a few times before and in townhouses. They are wonderful. For some reason we were put into bldg. 8 and it is the one that has not been remodeled yet but re opened due to demand. My biggest complaint is that obviously no one "checked" it out before renting..We brought friends and I was truly sad that they saw what I had told them was a very nice resort. In their defense, every other time I have been there , we loved it! The townhomes are nicely furnished, clean and very relaxing in wooded areas. This bldg.- not so much, We did experience a few minor hiccups with service but nothing that I would hold against them. I will go back and I will know to ask to be put in PH II or a townhome, not PH I . Although, I was told that all others bldgs. other than #8 are completed..if that be the case I am sure they would be ok.
This resort is one of my favorites and I guess as an owner to be put into the worst bldg. is really where I have the issue. Don't let it keep you from going- just ask questions when booking or ask to see the room upon arrival..It truly is a nice resort.

Room Tip: Ask to be put in PH II if getting a 1-2 BR or a townhouse, Ask to be in the areas closer to the p...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Hello CruiserIndiana,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback regarding your stay at MountainLoft. We regret to learn of your disappointment with our resort. We are committed to the highest standards of quality and service. We apologize this was not in line with your experience, and would like to further discuss. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you.
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed August 10, 2014

To start - I am not bashing Blugreen, I will keep my comments centered to this property. If this were just a regular hotel, it would not be so bad, however, I am an owner, and am embarrassed of the condition of the chalet we stayed in.
I understand this is their oldest property, and it not as nice as some of their others we have stayed in, but upgrades need to be made. Maybe it is because we have never upgraded our point package, and they reserve these older ones for people like us, and put potential buyers and people who have upgraded in the nicer ones. Whatever the case, I was not impressed.

We stayed in chalet 166 (A and B), it had 1700 sq ft of room, 3 bedrooms, 4 beds, and 3 bathrooms.
Complaints:
- The carpet looked worse than a sorority house. It was stained black in many areas. We ran to the store to buy deodorizing powder to vacuum it up as we did not want our kids playing on the floor.
- The couches are very dated, not only that, they are not comfortable.
- The room with 2 beds (maybe meant for kids) did not have a tv
- in the upper loft bedroom, the tv was 19 inches, hard to see from the bed, and the remote did not work.
- all tvs had bad reception.
- tv is not everything, but it is nice to watch to relax, or, to kill time while people are getting ready
- wifi was free, but was worse than 1997 dial-up
- some of the silverware was dirty
- there were stains on the walls
- in the upper loft, the high windows were not covered, making sleeping in very difficult
- there was a faint smell of urine in some areas on the carpet
- for as large as the resort is, the pools need to be bigger to accommodate all the guests.

Compliments
- the views were amazing (once we walked up the hill a bit)
- we liked the salt water pool
- the beds were comfortable
- the bears eating from the dumpster by our chalet was very cool
- The location is nice (grocery store and gas near by) and it is very close to downtown Gatlinburg

Again, I have come to expect more from Bluegreen. When you walk on the carpet, your feet should not turn black. I should not feel like the couch is swallowing me. Beehives are a part of nature, but, we should not have to remove one from the balcony.

We did not contact the front desk at all as these problems would need a lot of work to be fixed, and we tolerated it. The one time I was at the desk asking a question, several others had some immediate problems that needed to be tended to (no air, no washing machine, leaking toilet, etc). If I were a potential owner staying in this chalet for a preview weekend, I would not be inclined to buy into Bluegreen based on the condition and the appearance. But, as mentioned, they are probably in the updated ones, or the newer ones.

2 Thank visionquest1976
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Hello visionquest1976,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at MountainLoft. We are glad you enjoyed the pool and location. We regret to learn of your disappointment with our resort. We are committed to the highest standards of quality and cleanliness. We apologize this was not in line with your experience, and would like to further discuss. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you.
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed August 9, 2014

If you own through Interval International don't waste your week here, if you own through RCI don't waste your points, if you are thinking of free trip or buying through Blue Green think again! We are II timeshare owners and have stayed in Gatlinburg before as well as Branson, Myrtle Beach, Massanhutten, Kissimmee, Williamsburg, and Lake of the Ozarks. This is by far the worst resort we have ever stayed in. First of all they put us in a 1 room lock out and our children in another 1 room lock out next door. When we told Garrett at guest services we had children and this wasn't going to work it was clear he was highly trained to say "sorry there is nothing I can do". Both pullouts were broken and we had to wait until 1am to get sheets and blankets for them. The screen door was broke upon arrival and they finally came to fix it the day we were leaving on a 1 week trip. I asked to speak with the manager 3 times but either they have no one in management working or they know their hotel is so terrible they just won't call back. But sales will call you daily to see if you'd like to buy at their dumpy run down resort. After going to a few resorts or family's favorite thing is the activities. Fun games by the pool, bingo nights, old school game rooms with ping pong and pool tables, and club houses with arts and crafts all day and movie nights. Mountain loft has none of that. Very expensive jewelry making is offered, and a scavenger hunt that includes the staff and none of the staff wants to participate, a game room with 4 coin operated machines, no organized activities at all. When my kids finished the scavenger hunt they received just as much attitude from guest services about getting their prize which was 1 bag of dollar store cotton candy. The workout room consists of 4 machines that look and run like they were bought at an auction 10 years ago. No mats no weights not even a combo machine. The only thing that saves this resort is Gatlinburg and the National park but there are so many better places to stay

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
4 Thank naugirl1971
Hello naugirl1971,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We are committed to the highest standards of quality and customer service. We would like to learn more about your particular experience. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you.
Blairsville, Georgia
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is our second stay at this resort. The first time, we stayed in one of the hotel units -- paper-thin walls, we heard the guy snoring next door. This time we tried a 1-bedroom townhome. Shared with an adjoining unit, it wasn't much quieter, and was smaller than the hotel room (will go back to that next time). The resort has undergone renovation recently, but they obviously haven't gotten to this townhome. Entry deck needs painting, spot of ripped linoleum inside, spider webs on lamp... Biggest problem was swarm of bees on back deck. A maintenance fellow came quickly to spray the (and fix sliding glass door), but it didn't help -- couldn't use it during our stay. All in all, though, it's homey here, the kitchen is well-supplied, and the location is great. Bed is very comfortable. As with all energy-conscious Bluegreens, the lighting is very dim, so bring a task light if you read or do crafts.

Room Tip: Bluegreen employee told us that the standard & deluxe rooms in the newer hotel units have better...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen B
Hello Karen B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback regarding your stay at MountainLoft. We are pleased to know that you had a great second stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, and will certainly be looking into your concerns. We hope to welcome you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg Town Square Resort By Exploria Resorts
Laurel Inn Condominiums
#18 of 51 in Gatlinburg
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Smoky Mountain Resort
Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa

Been to Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection

Property: Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection
Address: 110 Mountainloft Dr, Gatlinburg, TN 37738-5355 (Formerly MountainLoft Resort)
Location: United States > Tennessee > Sevier County > Gatlinburg
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #19 of 51 Specialty Lodging in Gatlinburg
Hotel Class:3 star — Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Loft Resort, Ascend Resort Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mountainloft Resort Gatlinburg